Villa Park redevelopment

Phumfeinz

This has been a long time coming. It's only fitting that it ends up being something beyond our wildest dreams. 

It would be so Villa to get relegated just before work gets underway though. 

Please let this happen! 

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

I like that the lower floor kiosk and bars in the Villa Live are able to serve people 'inwards' for people in Villa Live, but also 'outwards' so that they can be a sort of outdoor kiosk on matchdays.

I assume we'll actually have our own staff running it unlike the ones on match day that don't even want to be there? *

*although the service was a little better for the Citeh game. 

57 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

This stand holds just over 15,000 people by the looks of things.

That's bigger than Bournemouth's ground and only a couple of thousand short of the Brentford Stadium.

I remember when Wimbledon first came up and we'd sing "The Holte Ends bigger than your ground" at them 😁

Was funny till they kept beating us. 

• Haha 3

15 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

I assume we'll actually have our own staff running it unlike the ones on match day that don't even want to be there? *

*although the service was a little better for the Citeh game. 

Hopefully not for 2 reasons

Its a full time building not just match day, that's should result in full time staff and not agency so they might even give a **** every now and then 

The 3 rooms on the left hand side of the ground floor, the f&b rooms (food and beverage?) they aren't very big so this might be a stretch but they could be vendors, digbeth dining club style independent vendors, means you'd expect a better product and better service 

11 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

The 3 rooms on the left hand side of the ground floor, the f&b rooms (food and beverage?) they aren't very big so this might be a stretch but they could be vendors, digbeth dining club style independent vendors, means you'd expect a better product and better service 

I wondered that, but I don't think they'll be external suppliers - the shared kitchen suggests it'll all be in-house.

42 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Yeah, I was thinking that. The official capacity is never reached, I assume for segregation reasons. Its always going to be something like 49,967 or something. First world problems 😂😂

Just a shame they couldn't have squeezed a few more in somewhere to ensure 50k is hit most games. 

Probably more like 49600.

Definitely just 'first world problems' but that didn't stop me completing the earlier Villa survey with the comment 'please make it 50.4k+ so we can have a segregated capacity of FIFTY THOUSAND.'

Hopefully the phases taking Villa Park to around 52.5k will go ahead and fix the purely phycological issue.

Back to the current phase - I'm mightily impressed by the planning proposals!

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

Hospitality will be going from 1,793 people to 4,846!

Blimey.

Yeah - certainly a big push into improving the hospitality on offer. I know they mentioned that there will be different levels so will be interesting to hear more about that when it is announced.

Based on a recent enquiry I made I think the gold games cost £120 as the cheapest ticket, going up to over £300 and that's for the lounges not the boxes

4846 at say a platinum game so let's use £250 as the average ticket price that's £1.2m a game 

If you then say 50k people at £50 a game that's £2.5m, 5k people in the corporate section generates around half the revenue of the rest of the ground

And like I said I think boxes are then more expensive so £250 as an average is probably conservative 

Doh missed all of this whilst writing rubbish in other threads. Looks very exciting, and will have a detailed look tomorrow during my lunch break/most of the day.

It is encouraging they are discussing other phases as all want that 50,000 crowd at villa- 50,065 might be officially a bit too small for that!

It looks like it is going to tower all the Doug Ellis so  the next development  you would think may look at that- if that is possible as back in the 90s the stand height was restricted because of the neighbouring houses.

1 hour ago, ismail-villa said:

Are the plans to pedestrianise Witton Lane? Well the top part near the Villa Live?

On matchdays yes - on non-matchdays it'll be one of those areas that's open to cars but makes drivers feel like they're driving across a pedestrianised area.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Blimey.

Apologies for replying to a post 2 pages back - but this is the really massive take away for me. The potential for the club to maximise revenues from match day doesn’t really come from 7000 extra bums on seats, but an extra 3000 corporates is big time.

I am staggered at the size of the rebuild, this is a massive investment.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, villa4europe said:

4846 at say a platinum game so let's use £250 as the average ticket price that's £1.2m a game 

If you then say 50k people at £50 a game that's £2.5m, 5k people in the corporate section generates around half the revenue of the rest of the ground

Most of the 50,000 will be season ticket holders, a proportion is kids, away fans pay a max of £30, and 5000 seats of the 50,000 is already counted in the corporate money. 

So really:

Corporate 5,000 @ £200 (average depending on game category) = £1.0m

Season tickets 35,000 @ £25 each (average based on some being kids) = £1.0m

Away fans 3,000 @ £30 = £100k

Players, community, etc 1,000 @ free.  

Individual tickets 6,000 @ £40 each (inc kids) = £240k

Food/drink bought @ 44,000 (exc corporate) x £6 average spend per person = £260k

Total income per match = £2.6m x 19 matches = £49m per season.

Edited by ender4
  • Like 3

16 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Blimey.

An increase of 3053 or 270%, hmmm... I wonder if they've included the hospitality provided by the proposed 'Villa Live' box park (capacity around 2300?) in that increase? The remaining increase of around 750 (still an increase of over 40% on the current hospitality), seems more realistic in terms of new executive boxes.

Either way, a great increase in source of income for the club.

4 minutes ago, brommy said:

An increase of 3053 or 270%, hmmm... I wonder if they've included the hospitality provided by the proposed 'Villa Live' box park (capacity around 2300?) in that increase? The remaining increase of around 750 (still an increase of over 40% on the current hospitality), seems more realistic in terms of new executive boxes.

Either way, a great increase in source of income for the club.

It's a good point. How do you fit so much extra hospitality in when we're only redeveloping one stand.  It doesn't really make sense unless Villa Live is somehow included in the figures.

21 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Most of the 50,000 will be season ticket holders, a proportion is kids, away fans pay a max of £30, and 5000 seats of the 50,000 is already counted in the corporate money. 

So really:

Corporate 5,000 @ £200 (average depending on game category) = £1.0m

Season tickets 35,000 @ £25 each (average based on some being kids) = £1.0m

Away fans 3,000 @ £30 = £100k

Players, community, etc 1,000 @ free.  

Individual tickets 6,000 @ £40 each (inc kids) = £240k

Food/drink bought @ 44,000 (exc corporate) x £6 average spend per person = £260k

Total income per match = £2.6m x 19 matches = £49m per season.

thats where i was trying to get to, the corporate side of it as a revenue generator is huge

and thats only on match days...hopefully the club explores the idea of being able to show away games in their lounges and stuff like that, would people be interested in going to VP for the lounge or a box and have a meal and a beer with other villa fans and watch say bolton away in the cup? im guessing thats something they will push in villa live, would be even better if the PL would let them show every away game in there...

Â