Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

28 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Maybe he didn't do his research, knew nothing about football and honestly thought he could turn up, throw some money around and take over the world. Ask him the same questions again and I bet the ambitious has changed. 

I guess he is now hardened to the real world of football.

For the people who still think it's an "Excuse" :

QPR facing multi-million-pound fine after breaking the EFL's financial fair play rules with £69.7m loss in 2013-14

• QPR posted a £9.7million loss as they were promoted to the Premier League
  • However, a £60m injection from club owners has now been included by the EFL
  • The Championship club are now facing a fine which could be tens of millions
  • A panel rejected QPR's claim that the 2012 financial fair play rules were unlawful

QPR's accounts showed a £60m income injection from the club owners, classed as an 'exceptional item' which was to write off loans. 

The Football League, since rebranded as the English Football League, is understood to have taken issue with that injection of cash and considered the real loss figure to be £69.7m.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5012689/QPR-facing-huge-fine-breaking-EFL-rules.html

•  
Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

On 25/10/2017 at 03:29, Grasshopper said:

Not much tweeting by the Doc.

I bet he‘s got one eye on the results and the other on the table just waiting for a blip or two.

Personally I reckon he's thrilled with our form and chuffed he didn't pull the trigger a few weeks ago.

14 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Personally I reckon he's thrilled with our form and chuffed he didn't pull the trigger a few weeks ago.

Agreed, doesn't want to curse it. If we go up you will see him crowdsurfing!

On 25/10/2017 at 03:29, Grasshopper said:

Not much tweeting by the Doc.

I bet he‘s got one eye on the results and the other on the table just waiting for a blip or two.

Either that or the social media team that actually send the tweets have decided they should see if the form continues.

• Like 1

Heard a whisper that the club are quite pleased with an improvement in the clubs finances. The major concern at the club isn't if we don't go up this season the club are confident they can handle that. More of a problem is funding players purchases \ wages should we get back to the prem. 

It would seem there won't be significant cash available should we get promoted.

4 minutes ago, hippo said:

Heard a whisper that the club are quite pleased with an improvement in the clubs finances. The major concern at the club isn't if we don't go up this season the club are confident they can handle that. More of a problem is funding players purchases \ wages should we get back to the prem. 

It would seem there won't be significant cash available should we get promoted.

No offence intended but I think that is a load of cobblers.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

No offence intended but I think that is a load of cobblers.

Really ? 

The only part that's dubious is the impact of no promotion IMO. Nothing the club does IMO suggests we have significance funds held back by FFP. To be honest it wouldn't surprise if Dr Tony isn't here within the next 18 months or so.

Just now, hippo said:

Really ? 

The only part that's dubious is the impact of no promotion IMO. Nothing the club does IMO suggests we have significance funds held back by FFP. To be honest it wouldn't surprise if Dr Tony isn't here within the next 18 months or so.

Ok, lets break it down.

Club pleased with improvement in finances - Yep, I’m sure they are and Wyness has pretty much stated that previously.

This season - Confident they can handle non promotion. Well they might be able to handle it financially but the reduction in our budget resulting from lower loses under FFP would certainly have an impact on the club in terms of results on the pitch.

If promoted - So the club are more concerned with the prospect of our revenue rocketing as a result of promotion than they are with the prospect of it decreasing further and greater restrictions of FFP? Sorry that bit just doesn’t stack up.

I don’t for one minute think the Dr has hundreds of millions to plough into the side and rising market prices will make it harder for us.

I just don’t buy that they are more concerned about not having money to spend if promoted than they are about the possibility of not being promoted.

• Like 2

Just now, TrentVilla said:

Ok, lets break it down.

Club pleased with improvement in finances - Yep, I’m sure they are and Wyness has pretty much stated that previously.

This season - Confident they can handle non promotion. Well they might be able to handle it financially but the reduction in our budget resulting from lower loses under FFP would certainly have an impact on the club in terms of results on the pitch.

If promoted - So the club are more concerned with the prospect of our revenue rocketing as a result of promotion than they are with the prospect of it decreasing further and greater restrictions of FFP? Sorry that bit just doesn’t stack up.

I don’t for one minute think the Dr has hundreds of millions to plough into the side and rising market prices will make it harder for us.

I just don’t buy that they are more concerned about not having money to spend if promoted than they are about the possibility of not being promoted.

Put like that no. 

But basically funds if promoted is going to be a big problem at the club - would be what i would take from it.

If and when we get promoted DrT will have to budget at least 10mill per player for a PL standard. (plus wages)

So of the TV money plus DrT’s cash we would have to toy with

2x CB‘s 1x LB 1x DM 1/2x CM 1x LW 1x AM 1x CF 

80+mill for a start (plus wages)

and possibly a 1year payoff for SB and an increased salary for a new manager plus a possible buyout fee.

I can only see a rising figure coming out of all that.

6 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

Ok, lets break it down.

Its funny because i thought Dr T would throw millions at it if we got promoted. 

Then i was re-watching the game last night and the commentators where talking about Dr T and our spending this season, 3mill or something net.  They went on to say that the Chinese government is making it really hard for Chinese business men to release money outside of China.  Got me thinking, forget the money for buying clubs outside China, but even the money for bankrolling clubs when they want to is very difficult now by what they were saying. 

2 hours ago, Grasshopper said:

If and when we get promoted DrT will have to budget at least 10mill per player for a PL standard. (plus wages)

and possibly a 1year payoff for SB and an increased salary for a new manager plus a possible buyout fee.

ye ye, but none of that will happen :lol:  

dream world. 

inb4 "it iz wiv bruce in cherge LOLOLOL" 

1 hour ago, HeyAnty said:

Its funny because i thought Dr T would throw millions at it if we got promoted. 

Then i was re-watching the game last night and the commentators where talking about Dr T and our spending this season, 3mill or something net.  They went on to say that the Chinese government is making it really hard for Chinese business men to release money outside of China.  Got me thinking, forget the money for buying clubs outside China, but even the money for bankrolling clubs when they want to is very difficult now by what they were saying. 

IMO I don't think Dr T has the millions to throw at it.

2 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

ye ye, but none of that will happen :lol:  

dream world. 

inb4 "it iz wiv bruce in cherge LOLOLOL" 

If you read my post again

——————————————

not dreaming

merely stating something possible

Â