Wales Triumphant Euro 2016 Victory Parade

chrisp65

Delighted for my celtic cousins. Decided to watch the Wales game and have the England game on the laptop. Don't think I looked at the England match more than a few times all night. Given that Scotland aren't in the tournament, I'm officially announcing my support is now behind Wales.

Proper-Tidy-Welsh-Dragon_zpsj5s73utq.png

Edited by choffer

Don't know about Hartson, I was showing off and watching it on S4C for the fully emersive cultural experience. In a room full of people that have seen football before and know the basics, commentary is so often just crap. 

I don't like ITV at all and I don't like commentary teams and pundits on BBC football, they all sound so generally fed up with life. S4C have either got their own microphones around the ground, or have turned up the sound available far more than the other channels. Last night, the crowd noise was just a joy for 90 minutes.

A quick watch of MOTD highlights later in the evening and it didn't sound like anyone was there by comparison. Apparently on ITV the game ended and instantly on the whistle cut away to gambling adverts.

12 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Whilst managing to steer the team to winning the group.....bitter much?

That did seem bitter. However I'm not, as englands progress means little to me, just commenting on colemans technique in interviews and not on the pitch, wales topped the group, which is excellent.

• Like 1

Why did I just watch the BBC commentary? I'll never learn.

Lineker thinks the tournament has just come to life because england have drawn iceland. He's so bad at his job. Awful team of depressed england fans as a tv presentation team for a tournament where Wales and Northern Ireland are having the time of their lives.

If he doesn't like football why doesn't he **** off and do something else with his chuckle buddies Shearer, Ferdinand and Lawrenson.

I don't expect Sky levels of jubilation at every mid season nil nil. But bloody hell, it's like they've all got depression.

• Like 1

Yep, on paper Wales should win.

But then again, on paper neither team should be there. 

It's knockout football, so every team has a chance against every team. My big positive for Wales is that they've scored six goals by four different players. So that's shown other teams it's not just a question of marking Bale out of the game. You can't put two defenders on Bale and two on Ramsey, because that leaves Robson Kanu free to delicately place a precision shot with his shin.

More money across the bar at the clubhouse. Have to say the local council have been excellent. We've had a bizarrely fast license to serve alcohol, to the point I'm suspicious we actually have a real license and not just a friend in the council turning a blind eye. They've also changed one of the big road signs to read 'Bale of Glamorgan' and there are now plans to write up a big message on the beach for when the team return home (they see the beach clearly from the plane as they come in). It worked recently for Orlando, but a few people are looking to scale it up. But it does massively depend on tide times! Ahh, the bizarre pressure that comes with being a top top team.

ClRBr45XIAAD2yG.jpg

ClLTKB7WgAAs5lg.jpg

I wish nothing but luck for Wales, I hope you get to the very end, everyone loves an underdog story and at least these guys are playing with passion and are hungry for it.

Â