The 2016 Takeover Thread

Sam3773

3 hours ago, VillaJ100 said:

Just seen on the BBC website 'chinese bank buys London gold vault'.... To hold future Villa trophies??

So it will remain empty even if we won everything - the trophies are made of Silver! ;)

Another article from the Mirror today.... Nothing new really.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/former-everton-chief-keith-wyness-7988243

Former Everton chief Keith Wyness set for senior role at Aston Villa under prospective new Chinese owners

12:25, 17 MAY 2016 UPDATED 12:26, 17 MAY 2016
BY DAVID ANDERSON
The Hong Kong-based Rui Kang Group are close to buying Villa for £75million from Randy Lerner and Wyness has been acting as their consultant

Former Everton chief executive Keith Wyness is set for a senior executive role at Aston Villa with the club's prospective new Chinese owners.

The Hong Kong-based Rui Kang Group are close to buying Villa for £75million from Randy Lerner and Wyness has been acting as their consultant.

The Scot enjoyed five successful years at Goodison up until he left in 2009, working in partnership with chairman Bill Kenwright and David Moyes, and has impressed the Chinese.

Former Liverpool and Tottenham director of football Damien Comolli will also have a key player recruitment role at Villa Park under the new regime.

It is understood Rui Kang have undertaken due diligence and just need to pass the fit and proper person's test for the deal to go through.

Also found this...

Jonny Gould @jonnygould
Adrian Bevington leaving #avfc is a positive sign of impending takeover. Hold your breath Villa fans!

Retweet

More
Edited by PieFacE

I honestly can't even imagine what it'll feel like to see a post on the official site saying a takeover has gone through. 

It's almost as if we all know that nothing is going to happen and have just decided to play a really cruel game amongst ourselves by pretending it's going to!

Does anybody ever check twitter or look on here and actually expect something to have happened?!?! 

I'm not saying I don't think it's happening btw :ph34r: just can't actually imagine seeing it in black and white!

Edited by avfcwills10
  • Like 3

im not very confident is even anything in this takeover though I hope im wrong. As for Comolli he can **** off another chancer, no coincidence that both Spurs and Liverpool thrived when he left

• Like 3

I don't know much about the bloke Comolli, most seem to be against him coming in. I know he bought a lemon in Andy Carroll, and I assume other rubbish too for way over the odds? 

At least on a positive side, it might give an idea of the direction and intentions of the new Chinese investors, in that they seem to be wanting to bring in someone who has worked for relatively high spending clubs, and have brought in big names for big money. Just trying to see a positive side, but if most others think he's a berk, then he's probably a berk!

To the staff who saw it at Tottenham Hotspur the CV that Damien Comolli attached to his job application form in 2005 was the subject of considerable mirth – and incredulity. The Frenchman swept into White Hart Lane as replacement for the outgoing sporting director, Frank Arnesen, on the back of a body of work that had supposedly helped to make Arsène Wenger the success story he became at Arsenal.

If Wenger would be indebted to players such as Thierry Henry and Robert Pires, then the manager's affection for Comolli, the club's European talent scout from 1996-2003, for ushering the legendary France internationals Wenger's way, together with a glut of other stars, would surely know no bounds.

"I let you write what you want about Comolli," Wenger said in November 2010, with scarcely concealed disgust. "He was a scout here and not a director of football. He worked under Steve Rowley [the chief scout]. That is it. Only one person decides who comes in here and that is me. Nobody else."

Comolli is never knowingly undersold, although his detractors at Tottenham, St Etienne and Liverpool, from whom he has now parted, would take issue with that on a less figurative level. It is his chutzpah, his ability to sell himself, that has helped propel him to positions of influence in English football. But as he digested his departure from the post of director of football strategy at Anfield, it was possible to see this attribute as having come before a fall – again.

The reaction to the news that Comolli would have to polish that CV and ping it around the market once more was polarised. The 39-year-old is a suave, multilingual university graduate, one of those guys who creates a good first impression and, of course, interviews well. He is fundamentally nice, a football-lover and someone with a ferocious dedication to his job.

Kenny Dalglish, the Liverpool manager, may not have seen eye-to-eye with him but he could never fault his work ethic. Comolli puts the hours in, regularly spending 12 or 13 in his office, studying matches and DVDs of players. It takes a toll on family life; how can it not? Herein lay the basis for his assertion that he was returning to France for "family reasons".

Comolli's friends lamented his failure to succeed at Anfield and they knew it was not for the want of trying. They wondered whether he had been cast as the scapegoat for the collective shortcomings of Dalglish, the technical staff and the squad.

Some of Comolli's friends have been made in high places, with Billy Beane, of Moneyball fame and a confidant of Liverpool's principal owner John W Henry, one. Comolli met Beane at a sports industry conference; Beane was impressed and, when the Fenway Sports Group took over at Anfield, he introduced Comolli to Henry. Comolli is adept at working a room, which is pretty important in his vocation. As an aside, Beane's "true hero", according to Arsenal's majority shareholder Stan Kroenke, is Wenger.

Comolli, though, has accumulated enemies or at least football people who have nothing good to say about him. They were shedding no tears over his demise at Liverpool. If he is treated with scorn by Wenger and others at Arsenal, then the same became true at Tottenham, where sources say the only discovery he made was the defender Benoît Assou-Ekotto.

Comolli likes to point out that on his three-year watch Tottenham signed success stories such as Dimitar Berbatov, Gareth Bale, Luka Modric and Heurelho Gomes, not to mention Assou-Ekotto, although there were plenty of misses, too. His claim, however, that it was he who conceived the capture of Berbatov was one of a number to go down badly. Arnesen had done the legwork on that deal. At Arsenal only Gaël Clichy was a Comolli recommendation.

Martin Jol, who was the Tottenham manager when Comolli arrived, clashed with him over signings and Harry Redknapp told the chairman, Daniel Levy, that he would not come to Tottenham in October 2008 if he had to work under a sporting director. The manager caught the mood at the club over Comolli. "Yeah, he should take all the credit, for sure," Redknapp has said, sarcastically.

Technical directors have not thrived in English football, where experienced managers such as Wenger, Dalglish and Redknapp demand control over team affairs. The curiosity, as Comolli may reflect post-Liverpool, is what happens when signings fail to justify the outlay and expectations.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2012/apr/12/damien-comolli-liverpool-arsene-wenger

6 minutes ago, avfcwills10 said:

I honestly can't even imagine what it'll feel like to see a post on the official site saying a takeover has gone through. 

It's almost as if we all know that nothing is going to happen and have just decided to play a really cruel game amongst ourselves by pretending it's going too!

Does anybody ever check twitter or look on here and actually expect something to have happened?!?! 

I'm not saying I don't think it's happening btw :ph34r: just can't actually imagine seeing it in black and white!

Yep,but it was the same 10 years ago.  We live in hope.

it's dreary weather here today. Maybe that's why i see Bevington leaving as a REALLY bad sign.  If a takeover were waiting for the ink to dry or even just a week or so away, it seems a silly thing to do and silly timing.  If the takeover were days away, it would seem much better to just wait until it's announced and then follow up with "right then, that's me done.  It's been fun.  All the best."

it's time for RL to start preparing villa to go into next season.  A transfer policy first, then the best manager you can find willing to work under that policy.

19 hours ago, terrytini said:

Well I brought it up because a guy I know  - not overly well - who has some connections with the Club mentioned he was going to be the new CEO - and I had never heard of him.

But I've since seen it was in the papers earlier so my guy could well have just got it from that anyway.

Can you tell us more? 

6 minutes ago, srsmithusa said:

it's dreary weather here today. Maybe that's why i see Bevington leaving as a REALLY bad sign.  If a takeover were waiting for the ink to dry or even just a week or so away, it seems a silly thing to do and silly timing.  If the takeover were days away, it would seem much better to just wait until it's announced and then follow up with "right then, that's me done.  It's been fun.  All the best."

it's time for RL to start preparing villa to go into next season.  A transfer policy first, then the best manager you can find willing to work under that policy.

I think quite the opposite, leaving today makes it appear as though he is leaving of his own will. Rather than trying to hang on but the new owners not involving him in their plans. 

He was always going to leave after the board fell apart.

1 minute ago, avfcwills10 said:

I think quite the opposite, leaving today makes it appear as though he is leaving of his own will. Rather than trying to hang on but the new owners not involving him in their plans. 

He was always going to leave after the board fell apart.

the weather must be better there.

So we are potentially being brought out by a Chinese pharmaceutical group called Rui Kang.

I heard the new owners are going to endear themselves to the supporters upon arrival, ala Randy Lerner. Whereas Lerner gave us all scarves with the motto "Proud History, Bright Future", the new owners are going to give all Villa fans a batch of their very best anti-depressants to help us get over the stress caused by the previous incumbent.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Yep,but it was the same 10 years ago.  We live in hope.

And die in despair.

Sorry. A few days back I said that to someone by way of encouragement, and that was the response I got. Amused me as it was said with such cheerfulness.

35 minutes ago, Chicken Field said:

Does anyone know what the Rui Kang Groups is worth ? Are we talking about multi billionaires or what is this group ?

worth £15 mill made up of penny shares.

so, no they are not.