The 2016 Takeover Thread

Sam3773

The worst is over? We face life in the irrelevant 2nd tier of English football. Not to to be too morbid but many fans won't see us play in the top flight again due to their age and the fact they'll be dead once we come back up.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Holtern8 said:

The worst is over? We face life in the irrelevant 2nd tier of English football. Not to to be too morbid but many fans won't see us play in the top flight again due to their age and the fact they'll be dead once we come back up.

Could be worse.. Those you say won't see us play in the top flight again cause they are old also got to see most of our glory years. There are some fans in their mid-20's that weren't old enough to experience us winning the League Cup twice, were barely old enough to appreciate how special the Europa League was. Many fans who existed between 1995 and present have only seen average from this club. At least those that are at the end of their life cycle got to see several League wins and a Champions League win. If you're almost 30 great you got to see two League Cup wins in your existence, but if you are under 23 you ain't experienced anything of worth, those are the guys I feel for to be honest.

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, Holtern8 said:

We face life in the irrelevant 2nd tier of English football. 

We face life in the Aston Villa founded football league. Better than the sky pet league I say 

2 hours ago, Daweii said:

The issue is staying up. The longer we stay down the more the teams in the Premier League get ahead of us. I mean 20th place next season gets £99 million which is pretty much what the winner of the League would have gotten a year or two ago, you only have to be in the league a few seasons to be spending Top 4 level money as a shit tier team. So the longer we spend out of the league the harder it will be to topple whoever is the 17th best team not without some very very crafty ways around FFP. So yeah the long term plan may include contingencies in case we don't come right back up, but the plan will be promotion next-season. 

This won't happen. 

There has been a huge income disparity between Premier League and Championship for years. Yet all three promoted teams going straight back down hasn't happened for years, if at all. The gap was massive this season too, yet only one promoted team went down. 

EDIT: missing 'one'

Edited by HanoiVillan
  • Like 3

26 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

This won't happen. 

There has been a huge income disparity between Premier League and Championship for years. Yet all three promoted teams going straight back down hasn't happened for years, if at all. The gap was massive this season too, yet only promoted team went down. 

This has reassured my panicky nature, thanks Hanoi. I'm glad someone said what I wanted to hear.

• Like 1

WM said that we won't hear anything for at least a  month as they haven't even announced a period of exclusivity yet - and that takes at least a month. They were painting a really grim picture - but that's normal with WM I guess. I hope that's not right though as I am hoping for good news this week!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Citizen Khan. I thank God he was at The Emirates today because that is less time he has to write his appalling sitcom! 

"Ohh Twaaddddyyyyy". lol.

It is next level cheese.

I enjoy from time to time when I just want brainless ent.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

2 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

I think you meant, "bet you're fun at parties."

(I'm really fun at parties.)

They may have meant that 'fun' is some form of currency or holds a value in their world. With that in mind, they are bold enough to bet someone else's fun at a party. 

(I don't go to parties as I don't get invited)

• Like 1

WM said that we won't hear anything for at least a  month as they haven't even announced a period of exclusivity yet - and that takes at least a month. They were painting a really grim picture - but that's normal with WM I guess. I hope that's not right though as I am hoping for good news this week!

There doesn't NEED to be an exclusivity period in every sale. If the buyers have all their financing and legal ready etc then there is no point.

51 minutes ago, mwj said:

There doesn't NEED to be an exclusivity period in every sale. If the buyers have all their financing and legal ready etc then there is no point.

Unless the club need to give us something to cling to for a few weeks.

I'm not convinced its anywhere near completion 

Unless the club need to give us something to cling to for a few weeks.

I'm not convinced its anywhere near completion 

Oh yeh I forgot they are trying to sell season tickets... right mate