Player Protest vs Chelsea

mwj

Are you in?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Are you in?

• Yes
    • No

While I'm thoroughly fed up and angry with our so called senior players this season, I do think booing them and or abusing them all game would just make things worse. The only thing to come out of this season with any credit at all is the fans. Let's not lose that by kicking off at the players. 

Im pretty sure they know they've not been good enough, booing every time they touch the ball will just make us look bad. What kind of message does it send out to a potential new manager, owner of players we might try and sign this summer. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

While I'm thoroughly fed up and angry with our so called senior players this season, I do think booing them and or abusing them all game would just make things worse. The only thing to come out of this season with any credit at all is the fans. Let's not lose that by kicking off at the players. 

Im pretty sure they know they've not been good enough, booing every time they touch the ball will just make us look bad. What kind of message does it send out to a potential new manager, owner of players we might try and sign this summer. 

I see what your saying but things can't get worse, can it?

The message it would send to any potential new manager or player is that we as Aston Villa fans expect you to put in some effort and do what you are extremely well paid to do. 

I not up for booing every single player, just those I think have let the club down by acting unprofessional and are stealing a living here.

There's a huge psychological gulf between booing and a banner. A banner can be read, absorbed, understood. It can be creative, visually stunning and everlasting.

A boo is non-directional, it can be misinterpreted as abusive. It's such a massive waste of energy. In my opinion!

sne - I know what you mean, and I don't think the situation can get much worse either. But what if that now Remi's gone the players suddenly start putting more effort it in? Would we still boo them from the off? To be honest I'd be angry if they now all of a sudden start playing as it shows a massive lack of respect for the club now it's too late, I'd want to know why they didn't do it earlier for Remi/Tim.

It's probably not likely to happen but I'm still against roundly booing the team from the off. 

Dont get me wrong I think they fully deserve it, I just worry about the consequences for the club and what's left of our reputation.

Edited by It's Your Round
  • Like 4

I'm up for organised protest. I'm not trying to be difficult, I'm just trying to understand what you're asking me to do. I won't boo. 

Come on DDID, the mission objective is right there in the first post! Don't be so difficult and apathetic. If you need it explaining then you're obviously criticising it or showing apathy.

;)

[trollface]

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

sne - I know what you mean, and I don't think the situation can get much worse either. But what if that now Remi's gone the players suddenly start putting more effort it in? Would we still boo them from the off? To be honest I'd be angry if they now all of a sudden start playing as it shows a massive lack of respect for the club now it's too late, I'd want to know why they didn't do it earlier for Remi/Tim.

It's probably not likely to happen but I'm still against roundly booing the team from the off. 

Dont get me wrong I think they fully deserve it, I just worry about the consequences for the club and what's left of our reputation.

I'm not able to go to the game, but no I would not boo the players from the start. Just Gabby probably.

As you say it is not the way to go, and way to hard work :)

Don't think it would influence any potential signings thou

2 hours ago, Rob182 said:

Come on DDID, the mission objective is right there in the first post! Don't be so difficult and apathetic. If you need it explaining then you're obviously criticising it or showing apathy.

;)

[trollface]

Booooooooooooooooooo @Rob182

In all seriousness, what's the plan? How are we "roasting" them? I get the objective, I'm capable of using my own brain to figure that out...

:trollface:

• Like 1

So anywhere between 3-5 players are taking the piss with their attitude so we should boo all the others? I guarantee there's some of those 3-5 we all disagree on and some will want to protest against them for differing reasons. If a player isn't good enough it's not his fault. The only player I think that doesn't try is Gabby I do think there's a few bad apples that need clearing out but I couldn't 100% say who they all are as I don't see them train or how they react off the pitch. 

• Like 1

I dont think slaughtering the players publicly that will still probably be here next season is a great idea and would definite put off any players/managers that be interested in joining us 

I like the 'gabby gabby what a ****, what a ****', 'jolean lescott what a ****, what a ****' chants idea.

Gets the point across and allows you to target individuals who deserve it rather than the whole team who might not.

9 hours ago, supernova26 said:

"Micah Richards what a rocket polisher , what a rocket polisher"

"Gabby Gabby Agbonglahore, what a rocket polisher what a rocket polisher."

You've defiantly never been to a football match and sang. Your rhythm is completely off.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PompeyVillan said:

In Gabby's instagram post of him with a bottle of water, he wrote "for the media, water before bed".

So I replied "How about a goal before you retire?"

That'll learn him.

:\

glopE0J.png?1

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Zatman said:

I dont think slaughtering the players publicly that will still probably be here next season is a great idea and would definite put off any players/managers that be interested in joining us 

By that theory, are we not putting off potential owners?

I get your point Zatman, I really do. I don't even disagree with it.

However, If players are looking at us saying, wow I don't want to play for them because they get on your back after I get paid a fortune and not trying, then I don't want them here.

I know the world's not clear cut but imo, players should see it as an opportunity to strive. To stand out. To stand out easily and potentially become a hero. We're not asking for miracles just a bit of pride and desire. That will honestly do.

However, there aren't many footballers with the intelligence to get that notion. Or so it would seem.....

Edited by Woodytom

Â