Champions League Quarter Final 2015/6

andykeenan

Spanish football is so unlikable.

What I'd give to be the ref to implement a rugby style of talking to the ref. And just red card each and every one of them. I can't stand it when players surround refs.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Fack...if ever there was a game to put a bet on their being a penalty in last 10 minutes....choose the Man. United game instead, ah well.

Think Atletico have a great chance against the other three semi finalists.

Just shows how hard it is to win back to back Champions league, simply due to the quality you get from this stage. I think Barca's lack of a first 11 has hurt them now. Is MON managing them?

Just think they nearly went out to PSV. Yes I think any of the last 4 can win it even City.

4 minutes ago, Genie said:

Strangely its still showing as unsettled... is that normal?

Sometimes takes a good few minutes to clear....I've had to wait a good hour sometimes and it then gets settled once I start sending angry tweets to their twitter account!

One thing I would say Genie...only 10/1. What stage of the game did you put that bet on as if you wait until the 80th minute you can get 25/1 on next goal being a penalty no problem.

Still at least you put the bet on...it is quite profitable as a lot of games in the CL see penalties awarded late on.

Simeone is such a brilliant manager, they fully deserved that despite the penalty shout at the end.  I can't work out why Barca seem to have dispensed with Messi on the right wing and playing in midfield instead, they've gone to shit since they shifted it.

4 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Sometimes takes a good few minutes to clear....I've had to wait a good hour sometimes and it then gets settled once I start sending angry tweets to their twitter account!

One thing I would say Genie...only 10/1. What stage of the game did you put that bet on as if you wait until the 80th minute you can get 25/1 on next goal being a penalty no problem.

Still at least you put the bet on...it is quite profitable as a lot of games in the CL see penalties awarded late on.

Just after the second half started. All settled now. 

P.s. it was 15's (decimal), I put £10 on returned £150.

Edited by Genie

Think Simeone is better at game plans in big games than even Mourinho these days as his CL record has weakened in recent years. Check out Atleti's record in the last few years against Real Madrid, they went about 10 years without beating them in the league once so had a massive inferiority complex before Simeone turned up.

Reason I like Atletico is this....Torres > Aguero > Forlan > Falcao > Diego Costa > Griezmann. Since 2007, every 2 years they have to sell their star striker yet they keep on rebuilding and coming back even stronger.

We sell our start striker and instantly become one of the worst top flight teams in last 30 years.

Edited by VillaChris
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

Think Simeone is better at game plans in big games than even Mourinho these days as his CL record has weakened in recent years.

Reason I like Atletico is this....Torres > Aguero > Forlan > Falcao > Diego Costa > Griezmann. Since 2007, every 2 years they have to sell their star striker yet they keep on rebuilding and coming back even stronger.

We sell our start striker and instantly become one of the worst top flight teams in last 30 years.

They take no shit in the transfer market either. Buy Jackson Martinez, he flops, they sell him 6 months later for a profit.

Think Simeone is better at game plans in big games than even Mourinho these days as his CL record has weakened in recent years.

That angel correa could be next if he gets a good run in the team, got Saul already playing and Oliver likely to be there next year and then Lucas and Gimenez at the back and oblak in goal, with then kranvitter and vietto still to break through

Sorted for the next 10 years

2 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Why did Turan look so good for Atletico and yet so ordinary for Barcelona? Is it  case of small fish in a big pool now!

Always thought he was a strange buy. Obviously a quality player but didn't see where he fitted in, looks like they haven't worked that out either.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Why did Turan look so good for Atletico and yet so ordinary for Barcelona? Is it  case of small fish in a big pool now!

He worked harder at Atletico...didn't he say one of the reasons he left Atletico is he was fed up of running like a madman around the pitch.

Probably not being able to play until January didn't help so short on match fitness. 

4 minutes ago, PaulC said:

It was a weird move considering he couldn't play til January.  I'm not sure where he's meant to fit into the Barca side.  Dare I say it but I reckon they could have done with Adama on the bench as they basically had nothing on the right wing except Alves who played like a drain.  Again, I don't know why Messi has been playing centrally recently having been out of this world since January.