Champions League Quarter Final 2015/6

andykeenan

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

cavani doing his usual trick too

is there a more overrated striker at a top club in europe? can see someone like utd spunking some of this new tv money on him

he is a terrible striker and has no brain, gets a decent amount of goals but nothing worth the hype. if anything he has played with better strikers like Zlatan, Suarez and Forlan who make him look good

• Like 1

13 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Who said Ronaldo couldn't take free kicks....

Me, for one, Chris, and I still say it.

He has 1 league goal from a free kick this season (from I think 1,223 attempts, though that is just my estimate) and he scored only 2 league goals that way last season.

A corner is twice as dangerous as a Ronaldo free kick, except to anyone sitting in Row H.

I take my words back about Ronaldo. probably in better form than Messi, however Wolsfburg have struggled all season in the league. They are not anywhere near as good without De Bruyne this seaosn, but they did well to reach the quarters. Big achievement for them.

The game tonight between Atletico and Barcelona is too tight to predict. Theres a strong possibility Barcelona could go out. current form is poor, they rely heavily on Suarez now. 

right,,,theres been some talk recently about how aguero is over rated and he barely ever turns up in big games...

just want your opinions about it...I certainly see where some of the criticism is coming from...But he always comes across as legit in many games of the season. Just throwing it out there...

Aguero - good player, got injury troubles and I think city over rely on him, his biggest problem is the barca 3 and the Madrid 1 getting some ridiculous stats

If you were just comparing him to benzema, lewandowski, higiuan, ibrahimovic etc then I think we'd all agree he's deservedly put in that bracket

• Like 1

As far as I can see Aguero has turned up for most of City's big domestic games since he signed.

Bit more difficult to judge given how poor City have been in the CL but I can remember Aguero scoring v Barca last season (and also costing me 200 quid by missing a penalty in the return game!)

22 hours ago, PaulC said:

Sorry but why should it bother us? Just pleased all the so called bbc experts got it wrong. 

Why? How about Man City winning the one thing of note that our proud club can hold on to. The thought of them buying the European Cup in the year we go down makes me feel sick.

But I'd have thought that was obvious...

• Like 2

You can make more of a point does he turn up for Argentina?

Higuain seems to be the scapegoat for them when they lose a big final (he has missed some chances in those games) but Aguero is either half crippled or not in the game at all.

Still an exciting player I love to watch so I give him a pass. 

12 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Barca going out...

Fair play you called it Chris. Still 45 minutes to go though. Messi marked out of the game! I would expect Barcelona to step it up second half but theres always the danger of conceding on the break. 

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Worst league form in 7 years, heading out of the CL...

The front 3 have been poor since international break

I bet Barcelona don't get much change out of a million a week in wages in those 3...