Champions League Quarter Final 2015/6

andykeenan

3 minutes ago, penguin said:

I think he knew exactly what he was doing, his elbow was so high. Whether he was intending to hurt Godin is debatable but I'd say he's definitely using his arm to block off the ball.

I'd agree with the last bit for sure. I think Suarez is always looking to leave a bit in on someone but for this one I think his priority was scoring and potentially hurting someone was an after thought.

9 hours ago, villa4europe said:

for another thread...

he's the best in my lifetime, i just get more enjoyment from watching messi with a ball at his feet sending defenders the wrong way and dinking the keeper than i do watching ronaldo blast one in, that goal vs bayern in the CL, thats messi IMO and why i think he's the best

i think he'll kind of slip away over the years but for me id actually put ronaldinho as 2nd, still the best player ive seen in the flesh, the way that bloke played football was just a pure joy to watch

Would put Zidane ahead of Ronaldinho in great players in my liftetime, Ronaldinho had a brilliant 18 months and then faded into relative obscurity, Zidane was very consistant for 10 years and like Messi was just a work of art on the football pitch, that volley v Leverkusen....

I saw Platini at Villa Park. I always wondered who the best French player ever was Platini or Zidane. Zidane has a world cup winners medal but there again France were robbed by the ref in 82. Ok Platini has ruined his reputation now but as a footballer he was brilliant.

55 minutes ago, PaulC said:

I saw Platini at Villa Park. I always wondered who the best French player ever was Platini or Zidane. Zidane has a world cup winners medal but there again France were robbed by the ref in 82. Ok Platini has ruined his reputation now but as a footballer he was brilliant.

Cantona.........................

I really should get banned by VT for that, just testing the water. ;)

Cantona seems to have slowly slipped to the obscurity that he deserves, not sure if it's just time, the realisation that these foreigners ain't actually that bad or just the reality that maybe a hundred better players have followed him but sky seem to have let him go

On 4/14/2016 at 11:36, BOF said:

He probably would have, had the correct decision been made on the late penalty shout :P  (but yes I get the point)

I'm not convinced they'd have him take it. He's bad enough at penalties when there's no pressure.