Champions League Quarter Final 2015/6

andykeenan

21 hours ago, Zatman said:

he is a terrible striker and has no brain, gets a decent amount of goals but nothing worth the hype. if anything he has played with better strikers like Zlatan, Suarez and Forlan who make him look good

I think that's a bit harsh.  Cavani was absolutely incredible at Napoli, a team where he was very much the main man.  He's playing second fiddle to Zlatan at PSG, still scoring lots of goals, but if he gets 'promoted' to being the main attacking threat for Paris next season assuming Zlatan leaves then he could have a really big couple of years. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, The_Rev said:

I think that's a bit harsh.  Cavani was absolutely incredible at Napoli, a team where he was very much the main man.  He's playing second fiddle to Zlatan at PSG, still scoring lots of goals, but if he gets 'promoted' to being the main attacking threat for Paris next season assuming Zlatan leaves then he could have a really big couple of years. 

Very rarely does he perform/deliver against a top quality side in Europe and has never really showed up at an international tournament either. His success is largely down to him playing in weak leagues (Italy and France), I think he'd be an absolute flop in Spain or England.

They are against Barcelona and Real Madrid. Have you ever watched them against anyone else?

How many other teams do you know with the quality going forward and the hard working mindset defensively?

Edited by sexbelowsound

Fack...if ever there was a game to put a bet on their being a penalty in last 10 minutes....choose the Man. United game instead, ah well.

Think Atletico have a great chance against the other three semi finalists.

Just shows how hard it is to win back to back Champions league, simply due to the quality you get from this stage. I think Barca's lack of a first 11 has hurt them now. Is MON managing them?