Champions League Quarter Final 2015/6

andykeenan

People in Spain say they just bought him to nullify Atleti bit like Fergie used to do. Obviously he's not bad to have as a back up in an injury crisis...but their academy can't be that great if splashing lots of cash on the likes of Turan. 

As for Barca Messi and Neymar haven't looked the same coming back from the International break. They had to play World Cup Qualifies in their crazy tough group.

Daniel Alves ain't what he was either. 

Edited by supernova26

9 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

It was a weird move considering he couldn't play til January.  I'm not sure where he's meant to fit into the Barca side.  Dare I say it but I reckon they could have done with Adama on the bench as they basically had nothing on the right wing except Alves who played like a drain.  Again, I don't know why Messi has been playing centrally recently having been out of this world since January.

Funny you should mention Adama, I was thinking the same. People say Suarez was poor but he didn;t really have much opportunity apart from from the one time he turned the defender. Think Messi the last few weeks hasn't been great. He's been losing the ball a lot in possession and not taking players on as much as he used to. Maybe too many games too soon. 

Their academy isn't great right now, they got relegated last year, got 3/4 players who have been there for a long time, that long you'd guess it's not going to happen, samper should come through, they've got munir and Sandro in the first team but don't play them that often, got halilovic and tello out on loan, deulofeu, grimaldo on buy backs and whatever the traore deal is

They said as I said in the traore thread, he's miles off this barca team, he's nowhere near ready or good enough

4 hours ago, PaulC said:

Theres question marks about Di Maria as well. He was poor last night

Man of the Match in Champions League final 2 years ago and his absence is probably a reason Argentina didnt win the World Cup final

Isnt this supposed to be the round that Messi turns up in and Ronaldo disappears ;) Messi big game record in recent seasons has been shocking and dare i say it he might be nearly past it, still a mystery he won World Player of the Year

10 hours ago, Zatman said:

Man of the Match in Champions League final 2 years ago and his absence is probably a reason Argentina didnt win the World Cup final

Ok but he wasn't great in that world cup so I don't think him playing would have made a difference. Anyway what i dont want is another Madrid final. anything other than that again. 

11 hours ago, Zatman said:

Isnt this supposed to be the round that Messi turns up in and Ronaldo disappears ;) Messi big game record in recent seasons has been shocking and dare i say it he might be nearly past it, still a mystery he won World Player of the Year

Messi is definitely human, this season. While Ronaldo still scoring at an incredible rate. Remember when they were pretty much neck and neck for the all-time top Champions League scorer? Ronaldo is 10 ahead now.

I'd find it pretty hilarious if City knock Bayern out and then win it. Guardiola then has to walk in to an easy job and still manages fail compare to the previous manager.

Edited by kurtsimonw
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

Messi is definitely human, this season. While Ronaldo still scoring at an incredible rate. Remember when they were pretty much neck and neck for the all-time top Champions League scorer? Ronaldo is 10 ahead now.

first time in his career he's gone 5 games without a goal or assist

1 minute ago, sexbelowsound said:

According to BT Sport Messi didn't touch the ball once inside Atletico's penalty area.

He probably would have, had the correct decision been made on the late penalty shout :P  (but yes I get the point)

10 minutes ago, YGabbana said:

Find it hard to agree with people who say Messi is the best EVER to grace the football pitch.

for another thread...

he's the best in my lifetime, i just get more enjoyment from watching messi with a ball at his feet sending defenders the wrong way and dinking the keeper than i do watching ronaldo blast one in, that goal vs bayern in the CL, thats messi IMO and why i think he's the best

i think he'll kind of slip away over the years but for me id actually put ronaldinho as 2nd, still the best player ive seen in the flesh, the way that bloke played football was just a pure joy to watch

for another thread...

he's the best in my lifetime, i just get more enjoyment from watching messi with a ball at his feet sending defenders the wrong way and dinking the keeper than i do watching ronaldo blast one in, that goal vs bayern in the CL, thats messi IMO and why i think he's the best

i think he'll kind of slip away over the years but for me id actually put ronaldinho as 2nd, still the best player ive seen in the flesh, the way that bloke played football was just a pure joy to watch

Did you not see the Brazilian Ronaldo play?

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

didnt he set a record for number of times he gave the ball away in one of the knock out games? think he might have scored a great extra time winner but he had a shocking game

Yeah I think he lost the ball over 100 times in that match or something daft.  I can't believe Man Utd paid so much for him and were lucky to get so much for him from PSG.