Favourite Villa Pics

dont_do_it_doug.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 28/08/2016 at 11:35, imavillan said:

http://i4.birminghammail.co.uk/incoming/article4728191.ece/ALTERNATES/s615/Ian-Taylor-salutes-the-crowd.jpg

Apologies if this has already been posted as some of the pics in earlier pages are not showing.

Now this is what a proper Villa legend looks like....Villa through and through

I agree Dion was absolute class.

All those wonderful days pre smart phones, we could have had loads of pics from back then. Although in the interest of not giving too much help to the authorities, perhaps it’s not such a bad thing after all…….

On 28/08/2016 at 15:30, Xela said:

Rose tinted spectacles perhaps but I loved football more than ever at this period. Wasn't ruined with money or cheating, and wasn't 'fashionable' in the media. 

Happy days

Swindon Away. I was in Stafford that day, actually I remember coming back from a  football match where I had played for the prison. Yep, it was that long ago, you even got let out for the day to play, I remember one of the screws telling me we had gone up after drawing 0 - 0.

Great to see old Thommo ("Bruno") bare chested at the front there. Hard as nails, he was.

5 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

Swindon Away. I was in Stafford that day, actually I remember coming back from a  football match where I had played for the prison. Yep, it was that long ago, you even got let out for the day to play, I remember one of the screws telling me we had gone up after drawing 0 - 0.

Great to see old Thommo ("Bruno") bare chested at the front there. Hard as nails, he was.

Load of forged tickets moving around certain circles for this game if I recall. Missed it myself after Bradford at home the week before, 

• 1 month later...
On 27/02/2023 at 22:23, sidcow said:

Well I remember waiting in those big queues down the side of The Holte End (although I'd have been on the other side) 

Sadly in the 80's they were often quite short queues. 

Some flared trousers on show there, must be mid 70s.

36 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Some flared trousers on show there, must be mid 70s.

Yeah, I realised that. I was just reminiscing about my early days which would have been much the same (but with stretch jeans instead of flares). 

Days of queuing down there whole dude of The Holte and paying cash at the turnstiles are long gone. 

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

Yeah, I realised that. I was just reminiscing about my early days which would have been much the same (but with stretch jeans instead of flares). 

Days of queuing down there whole dude of The Holte and paying cash at the turnstiles are long gone. 

And me crawling through between someone's legs.

Â