The now-enacted will of (some of) the people

blandy

18 minutes ago, bickster said:

F*** You! You're only judges, why do you think I care?

Anyone criminal saying that in court would get the maximum sentence possible

I'm absolutely not sorry and I'd do it again

Book thrown from bench

When can we call them the Nazi party? 

2 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Fairly optimistic of him to think that we'll be discovering new lands at this point. 

Quite. They've gone from wanting to live in the 1950s to wanting to live in the 1550s. 

• Like 1

I can just about understand wanting to leave. 

I cannot understand wanting No Deal. As I've said before, they seem to be equating it with No Surrender. Trading with other countries to our mutual advantage is not surrender! 

6 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I can just about understand wanting to leave. 

I cannot understand wanting No Deal. As I've said before, they seem to be equating it with No Surrender. Trading with other countries to our mutual advantage is not surrender! 

They don't understand it. They like the words, the rhetoric. They don't have an inkling about what it actually means. And when presented with what it means, it's handwaved with 'won't happen', or, at it's worst, 'Project Fear' (:puke:).

• Like 4

I'm sure there's a comedy sketch in the whole omar salem / boris thing somewhere. It is probably one of the things that sums up just how stupid the whole past 3 years has been and will continue to be.

Of all the people to shout at about lack of funding for the NHS he happens to choose this guy

k8s3dpR.jpg

That's right he is complaining about a lack of NHS funding to a person who had busses made up saying voting for Brexit will mean more money for the NHS, Now whether the numbers on the bus are completely fictitious or not is another matter but to top things off not only did Mr Salem not vote for the magical money bus he is in his own words, also actively campaigning against Brexit even happening.

It's just a complete circle of stupidity from everyone.

Edited by LakotaDakota

2 hours ago, LakotaDakota said:

I'm sure there's a comedy sketch in the whole omar salem / boris thing somewhere. It is probably one of the things that sums up just how stupid the whole past 3 years has been and will continue to be.

Of all the people to shout at about lack of funding for the NHS he happens to choose this guy

k8s3dpR.jpg

That's right he is complaining about a lack of NHS funding to a person who had busses made up saying voting for Brexit will mean more money for the NHS, Now whether the numbers on the bus are completely fictitious or not is another matter but to top things off not only did Mr Salem not vote for the magical money bus he is in his own words, also actively campaigning against Brexit even happening.

It's just a complete circle of stupidity from everyone.

Maybe, just maybe, Mr Salem favours increading NHS spending through one of the million alternative methods than 'leaving the EU'?

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Maybe, just maybe, Mr Salem favours increading NHS spending through one of the million alternative methods than 'leaving the EU'?

I'd wager he's also done a bit of critical thinking on the old red bus promise and decided it was a load of bollocks, too.

• Like 1

lots of hyperbole in this thread....just like the 800k jobs that will be lost if we voted leave and that did not happen...

the same as not joining the euro....

lets face it....we live in an institutionalised remain country....you only have to look at the behaviour of MP's and a speaker who has broken every rule in the book to suit remaining.

a bunch of remainers who actually voted to trigger article 50 which states if we cant agree a deal we leave without a deal......laughable

we have people in this country who are not willing to accept a democratic vote because they did not like the result, simple as that.

the problem is with any contest you have to be able to accept defeat (lets replay the Crystal Palace game, we lost, i dont like it, i dont understand the ref no giving our goal, come on, lets campaign to play it again). Remainers and the institution have not accepted defeat. Simple as that.

i read in here all sorts of rhetoric that our freedom to travel will go !!! utter tosh. it may take more time going through customs but freedom to travel will go...laughable

we are all going to fall off a cliff and disappear if we leave...are we

crikey, talk about shitting your pants....the world will keep turning....the country will survive

accept the vote accept the result....but no, remainers cant and wont

i'm out of this thread...i'll still keep looking in and at all of the panic, hysteria and remainers giving one another thanks and likes and keep laughing at it all....because its all rather funny

oh...and if you want to troll me etc......bring it on because that will be funny as well

see you all later in the queue at passport control, the panic buying at the supermarket etc......

ciao baby

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, imavillan said:

crikey, talk about shitting your pants....the world will keep turning....the country will survive

Fairly easy to win an argument if you just make up shit to argue against. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, imavillan said:

lots of hyperbole in this thread....just like the 800k jobs that will be lost if we voted leave and that did not happen...

lets face it....we live in an institutionalised remain country....you only have to look at the behaviour of MP's and a speaker who has broken every rule in the book to suit remaining.

a bunch of remainers who actually voted to trigger article 50 which states if we cant agree a deal we leave without a deal......laughable

we have people in this country who are not willing to accept a democratic vote because they did not like the result, simple as that.

the problem is with any contest you have to be able to accept defeat (lets replay the Crystal Palace game, we lost, i dont like it, i dont understand the ref no giving our goal, come on, lets campaign to play it again). Remainers and the institution have not accepted defeat. Simple as that.

i read in here all sorts of rhetoric that our freedom to travel will go !!! utter tosh. it may take more time going through customs but freedom to travel will go...laughable

i'm out of this thread...i'll still keep looking in and at all of the panic, hysteria and remainers giving one another thanks and likes and keep laughing at it all....because its all rather funny

oh...and if you want to troll me etc......bring it on because that will be funny as well

see you all later in the queue at passport control, the panic buying at the supermarket etc......

ciao baby

I promise I'm absolutely not looking to mock you, I'm genuinely interested in your view.

What do you feel will be better after brexit? Even if it was all scaremongering and empty threats, what gets better once we leave?

18 minutes ago, imavillan said:

we have people in this country who are not willing to accept a democratic vote because they did not like the result, simple as that

What right do we have to try and overturn the result of the referendum? Let me put it this way: If your saw your neighbour about to commit suicide - and they insisted that it was what they wanted, their life, their right, and you had no right to interfere - you might understand the way they felt, but you'd still try and stop them, wouldn't you? If their chosen method of suicide was a huge bomb that would take out everybody else with them, you'd DEFINITELY try and stop them. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, imavillan said:

ciao baby

Like most posts on Brexit, there's a mixture of truth, sound opinion and less sound content in what you've written (mine are no doubt the same).

You're dead right that parliament voted to trigger article 50 way back. That was a massive mistake (the timing, not the fact they did) because they did so before anyone had any idea what we (the UK) actually wanted - there were all kinds of views - be like Norway, be like Switzerland, be like Canada, stay in the CU and SM, leave the CU, but stay in the SM and so on. Parliament should have collectively worked out what we wanted, and then triggered A50.

Article 50 though, doesn't at all say that "if you can't agree a deal you leave without one". What it says is

A Member State which decides to withdraw shall notify the European Council of its intention. In the light of the guidelines provided by the European Council, the Union shall negotiate and conclude an agreement with that State, setting out the arrangements for its withdrawal, taking account of the framework for its future relationship with the Union. That agreement shall be negotiated in accordance with Article 218(3) of the Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union. It shall be concluded on behalf of the Union by the Council, acting by a qualified majority, after obtaining the consent of the European Parliament.

And indeed they did exactly that. That was May's deal. Parliament then (rightly) said "that's a terrible deal, it's worse than remaining" and that was people like Rees Mogg and Johnson and so on, who were like you, desperate to leave. People who voted remain felt the same. It's why the ERG Brexit extremists voted against it.

Since way back, there's been an election. Both Labour and the tories promised in their manifestos to leave with a deal. In the General election (democracy in action) people voted on the promise to leave with a deal (and everything else they all said. This re-inforced the "No deal was not what was promised" to the likes of us lot.

We will lose some freedoms (and theoretically gain others) if we leave. Overall the country will by all measures and all assessments be worse off if we leave, however we do it. We're already worse off, though not as much as the remainers said at the time. People might think "it's worth it" or that "it's not worth it" - that's fine.

In an ideal world Parliament would have sorted out, collectively, how to enact the narrow vote to leave, and then gone ahead and tried to get that. Instead May decided her personal version of what she wanted, and pursued that, despite all the objections of pretty much everyone else. And so here we are.

Fustercluck, isn't it?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Â