The now-enacted will of (some of) the people

blandy

9 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:
9 hours ago, snowychap said:

Really? What flavour? The lamb ones are normally pretty decent.

Yes, I think it was the lamb one. Couldn't get on with it at all. 

I think this is something for the T-shirt thread to be honest. 😃

The Tory filth tried to hand over everything to corporations with TTIP.

It's so they and their chums are still in power when they get voted out - Duh

Taking back control :crylaugh:

• Like 4

EU citizens in UK demand clarification of status as no deal looms

Citizens from other EU member states living in Britain have called on the government to provide more clarity urgently on their status in the event of a sharp end to free movement following a no-deal Brexit.

Although 1 million EU nationals resident in the UK have already applied for settled status, at least a further 2.6 million have yet to apply. More than 100 people in this situation contacted the Guardian on Tuesday to express fears about what their status would be immediately after a no-deal Brexit.

There was profound confusion over the government’s announcement that free movement would end immediately on 31 October, and that a planned transition period would not be implemented.

... more on link

Article about confusion regarding government 'policy' written by wife of Cabinet Minister and sister-in-law of the PM.

(I know she's been at the forefront of pressing the issue)

18 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

Ian Holloway blaming VAR and the new handball rules on the EU and hoping that we get on with Brexit so that people can stop telling us how to play our game.

The **** idiot.

I had to rewind it when he said it. Absolute idiot

9 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

Ian Holloway blaming VAR and the new handball rules on the EU and hoping that we get on with Brexit so that people can stop telling us how to play our game.

The **** idiot.

There comes a point at which you have to accept that not everyone should be allowed to vote. How does this moron get out of the house in the morning. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

Ireland

They are not in the greatest position either becasue of Brexit & it's not even their fault.  Could it be worse for Ireland than anyone purely on geographical location ?

If it all goes wrong how does Ireland get good in/out ? I don't understand,  a border or no border does not seem to work in any circumstance.

Also,  a hard border is this over the fields and every road or just main roads ? Otherwise it's not even a border anyway.

I confused today.

2 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

They are not in the greatest position either becasue of Brexit & it's not even their fault.  Could it be worse for Ireland than anyone purely on geographical location ?

If it all goes wrong how does Ireland get good in/out ? I don't understand,  a border or no border does not seem to work in any circumstance.

Also,  a hard border is this over the fields and every road or just main roads ? Otherwise it's not even a border anyway.

I confused today.

Via that big blue thing that's around them and connects them to all their friends. Friends we won't have because we've pissed them all off.

The threat of ‘no deal’ is a genuine problem for the EU and will have to be taken seriously. After all, there is no ‘backstop’ in a no deal scenario. The EU will need to implement a hard border in NI and break the Good Friday agreement. 

The whole thing is a giant game of chicken and both sides are banking on the other seeing sense and blinking first. 

I think World War One started in similar fashion?

• Like 1

Â