The now-enacted will of (some of) the people

blandy

4 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

Boris backed what would back Boris in the future. And it worked

Sadly this is true for many politicians and is the reason we’re in this mess in the first place.  Didn’t quite work out how Cameron planned it though. 

You could argue Boris is a political genius.

17 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Bloody scary this.

You voted remain? Nah sorry mate, your expert opinion based on years of practice means nothing.

This is where we are, and it's why the damage inflicted by Brexit is so much more dangerous than Brexit itself. 

• Like 3

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

Sadly this is true for many politicians and is the reason we’re in this mess in the first place.  Didn’t quite work out how Cameron planned it though. 

You could argue Boris is a political genius.

Tories have caused this entire mess.

They elevated EU membership to a huge talking point, when it wasn't, to repair divides in their own party. 

Instead they've divided the country, probably irreparable and given ideologues the platform and justification (the leave vote) to spout their nonsense.

**** them.

6 minutes ago, blandy said:

Whatever the merits of the case generally, this is a terrible point.

I agree, but specifically because 'the merits of the case generally' haven't been established. If Leavers have good arguments as to why the relevant section of the Yellowhammer report is incorrect or misguided, they can provide them (at least one poster has tried). That would help build the case that his work was biased or useless. Simply pointing to his social media posts is just ad hominem nonsense. Lots of people are able to leave their personal biases at the door when asked to complete a task as part of their work. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ChrisVillan said:

This is where we are, and it's why the damage inflicted by Brexit is so much more dangerous than Brexit itself. 

The point of no return was Gove's 'we've had enough of experts' nonsense.

Since then, we've just gone further and further down the rabbithole. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Rodders said:

stockpiling is happening. My friend is a GP, there are drugs that aren't available right now because of the uncertainty. 

Before I get bashed, I'm not standing on either side of the debate, I'm just curious.

How the heck are the shortages now because of "uncertainty"? How is a pharmacy or a hospital unable to do business with a supplier because of something that might or might not happen? Does the supplier not want to make money? And if there will be shortages, shouldn't the shelves be stacked full in case that happens?

4 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Tories have caused this entire mess.

They elevated EU membership to a huge talking point, when it wasn't, to repair divides in their own party. 

Instead they've divided the country, probably irreparable and given ideologues the platform and justification (the leave vote) to spout their nonsense.

**** them.

Just to make you feel better, remember they'll be rewarded for it at every election from here to the end of time.

2 hours ago, wilko154 said:

If they held a new referendum tomorrow, leave or remain, what do you think the split would be?

Not that it's going to happen, but I would imagine it would be heavily in the remainers favour after the absolute mess parliament have made of Brexit.

I think a lot less people that voted leave would bother voting this time which would lead to a remain majority. 

23 minutes ago, blandy said:

Secondly, if we are to ignore the views of Remainers, because, well, they're remainers. We should also apply the same to Leavers. So then who do we listen to?

Twitter :)

8 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

Before I get bashed, I'm not standing on either side of the debate, I'm just curious.

How the heck are the shortages now because of "uncertainty"? How is a pharmacy or a hospital unable to do business with a supplier because of something that might or might not happen? Does the supplier not want to make money? And if there will be shortages, shouldn't the shelves be stacked full in case that happens?

You won't see it mentioned very often but shortages of some medicines are a regular occurrence in the NHS  ....  however , there are established procedures in place to manage shortages.”

to an extent that  the chief medical officer & Chief Pharmaceutical officer specifically told GP's  NOT to stock pile medicines

Â