The now-enacted will of (some of) the people

blandy

I'll stick my neck out and say that this deal will get through parliament. Based purely on the fact that the word BACKSTOP seemed to always be the thing getting in the way of May's deal being passed. Now that word has been removed I can see a narrow victory for the PM. 

38 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Good luck to you mate.  Out of interest doesn’t the populist right wing government put you off becoming a citizen though? Genuine question as all I see in the news is how they are a threat to the EU. Don’t really know much about it though.

Yes and no.

They are pro-EU but nationalistic so they see how close to the sun they can go.

Their main problem are their tax cuts for young, parents and old.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Yes and no.

They are pro-EU but nationalistic so they see how close to the sun they can go.

Their main problem are their tax cuts for young, parents and old.

Did a bit of reading on them on the train and their policies on matter such as  abortion, IVF, Gay Rights and immigration seem very backwards (if true of course). 

Would you really want to be a Citizen of a country with such a political party in power? Our lot maybe a bunch of incompetent t**ts that made a complete balls up of Brexit but at least we have our civil rights.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Good luck to you mate.  Out of interest doesn’t the populist right wing government put you off becoming a citizen though? Genuine question as all I see in the news is how they are a threat to the EU. Don’t really know much about it though.

I genuinely wasn't sure if this was irony. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, bickster said:

I don't see how any Labour MP could vote for this deal especially those anti Corbyn MP's who see next to no chance of them being in government whilst he is leader. They are basically giving carte blance to a Tory government, one even by Tory standards with raving right wing looney tunes at the helm, to decimate workers rights and social protections. 

I think this deal will get approved tomorrow and it will be off the back of Labour votes. Shame on them.

1 minute ago, markavfc40 said:

I don't see how any Labour MP could vote for this deal especially those anti Corbyn MP's who see next to no chance of them being in government whilst he is leader. They are basically giving carte blance to a Tory government, one even by Tory standards with raving right wing looney tunes at the helm, to decimate workers rights and social protections. 

I think this deal will get approved tomorrow and it will be off the back of Labour votes. Shame on them.

Whoever thought that Dennis Skinner would be the enemy of the working man?

8 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

I'm not saying this is my thinking, but it's easy to follow the logic about Corbyn not getting in (I agree, he won't) and take that on to..."well, we're gonna get battered next election, but my Leave voting place, that voted me in will see me supporting Leave and spare me and have at least one more Labour MP next time". And of course they can square that off with "why should I support that arse, Corbyn and his incompetent approach to all this, when I can legitimately claim to be representing my constituents who want to leave"

In part it makes sense, doesn't it, if if we might think that they should actually put what's best for the UK first.

10 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

If it goes to a vote, it will get approved, but more than 80% of the votes will come from Conservatives, and it is them who should get the blame and the shame.

18 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

If Corbyn is personally ringing people then Johnson’s deal will win by a landslide

I know you're joking, but this is actually a sign of desperation and that the vote is likely lost.

Edited by HanoiVillan

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Not sure what you mean mate?

That we're very much swimming in our own populist Government's septic tank. And that while the Polish lot are also a bunch of nasty dicks, it's not like it's a massive change for him.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, choffer said:

I know most in here don’t need persuading but it is worrying how evidence-based decision making is a thing of the past. Perfectly summarised in this thread on twitter. We should be worried. 

People should really choose a platform suitable for the message they're trying to send. 1 of 19? Yeah, I'll pass.

2 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

That we're very much swimming in our own populist Government's septic tank. And that while the Polish lot are also a bunch of nasty dicks, it's not like it's a massive change for him.

Well that was the point of my question. Why he would want to switch from one to another?

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

If it goes to a vote, it will get approved, but more than 80% of the votes will come from Conservatives, and it is them who should get the blame and the shame.

True maybe I should have said partly off the back of Labour votes.

I can see why a Tory would have nothing against a deal that allows the government to shred workers rights and social and environmental protections it is in the DNA of most of them . For a Labour MP to support such a deal though is shameful.

4 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Well that was the point of my question. Why he would want to switch from one to another?

Because that's where he lives? And if there is a chance that things are up in the air, then he's better off making sure his rights are legally enshrined?

Edited by ml1dch

Â