The now-enacted will of (some of) the people

blandy

So, am I right in thinking the proposed compromise is that we keep freedom of movement, we trade by EU laws, we don't do our own deals, we still pay in to the EU but we don't get to have a say around the EU table?

50 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

So, am I right in thinking the proposed compromise is that we keep freedom of movement, we trade by EU laws, we don't do our own deals, we still pay in to the EU but we don't get to have a say around the EU table?

Basically. 

• Like 1

A Tory MP who supported Theresa May's Brexit deal in her third failed meaningful vote has publicly apologised, saying he made the "wrong call".

Parliamentarian Richard Drax took the unprecedented step of raising a point of order in the Commons on Monday to speak of his shame of voting for the plans. 

He also called for the Prime Minister's resignation as he said her Withdrawal Agreement should "never ever see the light of day again". 

MPs rejected the Withdrawal Agreement by 344 votes to 286, majority 58, last week with Mr Drax among the Brexiteers who switched to support it having previously opposed the PM's deal as a whole.

Moron Evening Standard page

Seems like MV4 might get less votes than MV3 if she can find an arcane way of making it substantially different from MVs 1 thro 3

3 hours ago, Dick said:

I'm really behind on things. Where are we today? What is happening?

@StefanAVFC, do you still have a Polish girlfriend? Wondering what she thinks of Brexit.

A different one, but yes. She thinks it's total nonsense. My colleagues too.

4 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

A different one, but yes. She thinks it's total nonsense. My colleagues too.

Been on a few dates recently, she's Polish, she's **** petrified. I'm not sure I quite understood just what this is doing to other people. She actually told me that for the first time ever she had a comment. She was patching up a cut, the bloke asked her if she has booked her flight back home ready for Brexit. SHE WAS PATCHING UP HIS CUT.

She's the NICEST person I know. 

The country is a mess.

Edited by Dick
  • Sad 2

Â