The now-enacted will of (some of) the people

blandy

17 hours ago, darrenm said:

Just popping in to say it'll never happen

I was sort of with you on that until today.  If they are talking about paying pensions to the EU for years and years then I think we are at a tipping point of no return.  If they (Tories) release a statement saying are paying X amount to the EU.  How can it be stopped at that point ? Or do you think it still wont happen ?   (And at what point will you accept it is happening if ever ?).  I am only asking as I think paying a bill is sort of booking out of the hotel so to speak.  We are almost out.

Looks like we've been fleeced. Paying for ongoing and not yet started building projects whilst we'll, of course, be ineligible for any funding. 

The pensions thing, do you think Nigel Farage will get one? I don't know whether you call that irony or not. 

14 minutes ago, PompeyVillan said:

Looks like we've been fleeced. Paying for ongoing and not yet started building projects whilst we'll, of course, be ineligible for any funding. 

The pensions thing, do you think Nigel Farage will get one? 

Of course he will. Why wouldn't he?

1 hour ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

I was sort of with you on that until today.  If they are talking about paying pensions to the EU for years and years then I think we are at a tipping point of no return.  If they (Tories) release a statement saying are paying X amount to the EU.  How can it be stopped at that point ? Or do you think it still wont happen ?   (And at what point will you accept it is happening if ever ?).  I am only asking as I think paying a bill is sort of booking out of the hotel so to speak.  We are almost out.

Yeah I know what you mean. Accepting the figure is definitely more concrete. I still can't see how we can get around the Irish border for one though without staying in the SM and CU. And while we could very well still leave with membership of those intact, or keep access to them Norway style, it'll still become apparent even to the hardest of understanders that if we do that we'll be paying £57bn to do nothing but give away our vote in European Parliament.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PompeyVillan said:

The pensions thing, do you think Nigel Farage will get one? I don't know whether you call that irony or not. 

Brexiteers have certainly been had.

I wonder what the gross figures are? Since there was that bus with a misleading figure on its side, it's only fair...

2 hours ago, Chindie said:

Brexiteers have certainly been had.

Not nearly as much as the Remoaners, not by a long way.  They have been screwed for a generation. 

Also,  just my opinion but the people who voted for Brexit either have got money and don't care or were against the mass immigration and the subsequent economic problems down the road will make no difference to them anyway in % terms,  they might be a few 100 quid worse off a year,  too little for them to worry about anyway. 

If we stay in the EU its not like public services will suddenly start working for everyone and it will be a Utopia either.  If it was they would not have voted for Brexit in the first place which is kind of the basic problem,  a lot of people have no grass at all so any grass will always look greener,  if the majority are known to be in that position then it was never a surprise I suppose that the majority voted leave.

37 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

Not nearly as much as the Remoaners, not by a long way.  They have been screwed for a generation. 

Also,  just my opinion but the people who voted for Brexit either have got money and don't care or were against the mass immigration and the subsequent economic problems down the road will make no difference to them anyway in % terms,  they might be a few 100 quid worse off a year,  too little for them to worry about anyway. 

If we stay in the EU its not like public services will suddenly start working for everyone and it will be a Utopia either.  If it was they would not have voted for Brexit in the first place which is kind of the basic problem,  a lot of people have no grass at all so any grass will always look greener,  if the majority are known to be in that position then it was never a surprise I suppose that the majority voted leave.

The Remain vote wasn't voting to be buggered though, so they haven't really been had. They're going to get **** though, along with everyone else, they can comfort themselves knowing they didn't actively ask for it. Meanwhile the Brexiteer vote was in favour of being ****, whether they realised or not :)

The Brexit vote in my view was made up of a handful of people that would benefit, a slightly larger group who can afford not to care, a bunch voted out of misunderstood principle of sovereignty, a jumble of racists across the spectrum, a large group of mislead, misinformed and ignorant who genuinely voted thinking they would benefit, and a subset of that who voted simply thinking change might make their lives better. And every day since has rolled out a myriad of reasons why things will get worse. And of course those groups would cross over each other to differing degrees.

Brexit will make things worse for the vast majority of people. Many of those people have been had. The divorce bill is just underlining it. All that money for the NHS? We're trading literally years of NHS funding for nothing. We're trading it to make things worse. We're trading it in the hope we might get a situation that's slightly less worse in 2 years than it might be if not, neither result of which is as good as what we had 18 months ago. Anyone voting for that is either benefitting on the side, can afford not to give a ****, or has been had.

• Like 3

We've all been had , broken promises , lies scandals, pay offs, tax avoidance , bailouts , nuclear power stations, brexit, wars, fabricated news  ..,.. 

It'snot the systems that are to blame it's the hopeless self serving politicians and civil servants that are the ever present factor.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, markavfc40 said:

Divorce bill of up to £57bn agreed apparently. The magic money tree will be working overtime pumping out that and the extra £350mill a week for the NHS.

The equivalent of solving the "problem" of having to pay to heat your house by paying someone a grand to take a sledgehammer to your boiler.

• Like 1

All that the divorce settlement figure seems to have done is piss both sides off. Remain because they don't want to leave and don't want to pay anything to do so, and Leave because the EU 'can go whistle'. I wonder if the acceptance of the figure from the Tories is them accepting we'll have to stay in the customs union as they can't solve the Irish border any other way and that full hard brexit is utter suicide economically.

6 hours ago, tinker said:

We've all been had , broken promises , lies scandals, pay offs, tax avoidance , bailouts , nuclear power stations, brexit, wars, fabricated news  ..,.. 

It'snot the systems that are to blame it's the hopeless self serving politicians and civil servants that are the ever present factor.

image.png.2c811246a9ba2fca8f84ec295f1de8f6.png

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, WhatAboutTheFinish said:

Fluent French speaker writes letters to a Frenchman... in English? <_<

Why use steam power when jet fuel is freely available to use.  ;) 

Language, truly our greatest export that even the EU can't stop importing and using.  We should licence it :D

21 hours ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

That's because the idiots blamed the EU for all the country's problems rather than the real culprits, The Conservatives.

• Like 3

Â