Aston Villa Protest Group

MikeMcKenna

13 minutes ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

I grew up in Wolverhampton in the 70s. It was a grim existence.  Very similar to purgatory but with ample supplies of pork scratchings.    But I still vividly remember a day when I was 6 when my beloved grandmother brought me a tracksuit as a surprise present.  It was 1976 and tracksuits had yet to be adopted by as fashion items.  They were actually worn by professional sports people.  The tracksuit was without doubt the best tracksuit in the entire world.  Claret trousers with a light blue top and 3 claret stripes running along the arm.  Even better it had loops at the bottom of the legs that kept the trousers in place and zips on the side of the ankles so you could take the trousers off without removing football boots.  I can sense everyone who is reading this getting very jealous.  But just get over it.  I had the best tracksuit ever.

Grasping my tracksuit with pride I asked my granddad “Which team wear these?”  In that moment my granddad had power beyond his wildest dreams.  At that moment he was going to decide what team I would support for the rest of my life.    Would he say West Ham?  Would he say Burnley?  Knowing granddad he might have said Celtic as he wasn’t the sharpest tool.  But no.  He said it was an Aston Villa tracksuit.  That was it.  I was a Villa fan.  I didn’t know where Aston was, who played for them or which division they were in.  But I must be a Villa fan because I wore a Villa tracksuit.

At school I was the only Villa fan.  My classmates were split roughly equally between Wolves fans and glory hunting mercenaries supporting Liverpool because they were winning things.  Playground football matches were the highlight of the school day.  One day someone suggested a Wolves V Liverpool match.  With the sides roughly equal in both numbers and abilities and it seemed a great idea.  But……but…….what about me.  I couldn’t play for either side as I was a Villa fan.  It might have been a school playground and a bunch of nine year olds but that didn’t matter.  I wasn’t going to pretend to support someone else.  Numerous offers of sweets, crisps, wagon wheel and tomato flavoured Snaps couldn’t convince me to sign for either side.  As the top unsigned free agent in the playground I was in huge demand and the signing on fee offers rose to the level of a huge bag of chocolate buttons.  I turned them down with a heavy heart.  That did turn to a felling of relief a few days later when it was discovered that someone from our school had stolen a large bag of chocolate buttons for dogs from the local pet shop.

My teen years coincided with the height of Wolves hooligan problems.  The “Subway Army” were the high profile firm and they walked around Wolverhampton Town Centre in their tight jeans, Pringle jumpers and Adidas trainers looking for trouble.   One Saturday I was spotted in town and identified as a known Villa fan and therefore asking for a beating.   Whilst completely surrounded I was asked who I supported.  I’d seen movies and knew what would happen next.  I would proudly proclaim my loyalty to Villa to the amazement of all.  My bravery would immediately win the respect of the mob and they’d let me leave with my head held high.  Unfortunately the mob weren’t big film fans and simply delivered a prolonged and vicious beating. I fought back but vastly outnumbers I soon found myself being used as a human football. 

But what has any of this got to do with Aston Villa’s current plight?   Not much if I am honest. 

I want players who are as proud to wear the Villa shirt as I was to wear that Villa tracksuit.

I want players who aren’t just interested in the chocolate buttons, nitrous oxide money.  

I want players when they are in a tight spot to fight as hard as I did when surrounded by those hooligans. 

I want Aston Villa back. 

I WANT LERNER OUT!

a8ULVZS.gif

Guys given the events of the last few weeks – relegation, state of accounts, the resignations, the deliberate leaking of the resignation letters, King openly discussing need for a sale on TV then the pressure on Lerner is now at levels we haven’t got close to seeing before. We as a fan base now need to do all we can to maintain that pressure.

On Saturday we will have 10,000 banners to hand out. This is twice a many as before and in addition to those we are also encouraging fans to bring their own banners with their own messages. That amount of banners needs a lot of hands to help distribute them. A number of you have stepped forward to help but we need more. Please help us make this another success and hopefully help heap more pressure/focus on the owner.

Contact me or Dave @dont_do_it_doug. by PM or leave a message in this thread if you can help. We will be meeting on the road by the Trinity Road gates adjacent to the McGregor statue from 1:30pm onwards. We really need your help now so please step up.

Edited by markavfc40

Come on guys. Who can help? We've thousands of banners to give out and we need help. We can make this an even bigger success and heap more pressure on those at the club. Hollis will be very worried if we have a successful protest and he will no doubt make the parasite aware!

See post above for who to contact.

4 hours ago, markavfc40 said:

Guys given the events of the last few weeks – relegation, state of accounts, the resignations, the deliberate leaking of the resignation letters, King openly discussing need for a sale on TV then the pressure on Lerner is now at levels we haven’t got close to seeing before. We as a fan base now need to do all we can to maintain that pressure.

On Saturday we will have 10,000 banners to hand out. This is twice a many as before and in addition to those we are also encouraging fans to bring their own banners with their own messages. That amount of banners needs a lot of hands to help distribute them. A number of you have stepped forward to help but we need more. Please help us make this another success and hopefully help heap more pressure/focus on the owner.

Contact me or Dave @dont_do_it_doug. by PM or leave a message in this thread if you can help. We will be meeting on the road by the Trinity Road gates adjacent to the McGregor statue from 1:30pm onwards. We really need your help now so please step up.

Messaged you both. UTV.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

my point was that if Arsenal could get that many staying away, maybe a Villa boycott could work (maybe I should have posted that into the post ;) 

There are some already boycotting. It may not be mass organised or everyone deciding together at the same time but there are certainly thousands who have stop going over the last 5 years.

A load of empty seats for a game at Arsenal will have a big impact and will be reported. At Villa it just won’t be as it has been happening to varying degrees for years.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 1

Re: boycott, we couldn't even get more than maybe a thousand people to stay off the terraces for 7 minutes last week. It was a massive flop. The only people we've seen suggest this already don't go. Despite the fudged figures I can tell you from my seat in the lower Holte 10k already are boycotting. One in three season ticket holders by me are. 

Fair play to them, but it ain't for me. Been there, done that, he's still here. 

Anyone who has PMed me, nice one. I'll answer them tomorrow morning. Mental week. 

Â