Aston Villa Protest Group

MikeMcKenna

Just now, lmarsha_926 said:

Did you listen to the AMG in Jan the club chose its path then, it has been like this for 4 years you really think now after it is too late they will do anything also 10 thousand empty seats at the start and maybe 2 or 3 thousand leave it will get lost 

Only a takeover will chnage anything

What path did they choose? This board has proven to be inconsistent and fickle, their current path will change in a few months time (hopefully a positive change from the pressure and actions of fans).

It is about time they were under a lot more pressure from supporters. Nobody can argue that the majority of supporters have been reasonable and demonstrated patience these past 5 years. Lerner has gotten away with bad decision after bad decision, it has to be challenged now. 

I urge everybody to take part if they can. This is only the beginning, we can get the club back on a competitive footing by taking collective action.

• Like 1

Much rather sit in after a game and keep chanting about the board the club have to do to do something they will wont out the ground, If you leave you take your voice and you ability to be a problem with you.

We need to be united not walking out and then going home, also depending on the result it will get washed up, if we are losing at 60 minutes the ground maybe empty before 74 minutes, and what if we are winning we have not won many so why walk out a maybe miss one.

To many outside factors which mean it is pointless, I would love to see 30 thousand fans as soon as the final whistle goes, chanting about the board and refuse to move

Look forward to seeing your thread and facebook/twitter etc when you organise it

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/remi-garde-admits-to-losing-sleep-over-aston-villa-woes-a6903306.html

Villa supporters are planning to walk out in the 74th minute of their next three home games, starting with the visit of Everton.

The protests are planned for the 74th minute to signify when Villa were founded in 1874 with supporters angry at the club's lack of direction as Villa look certain to drop into the Sky Bet Championship.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Gary Thomas said:

BIG THANKS to all those who've worked their asses off to organize and promote this – amazing effort and exposure being created!  I have a couple of season tickets and me and lad will be walking out on 74 regardless - to protest yes, but also to acknowledge and support the few who’ve worked so hard to organize some positive action. I really hope the broader fan base turn up to get behind this initiative, to send a loud signal to everyone concerned (the management hierarchy, the media, the fan base) that Villa supporters are able and willing to organize to take action. We have more power and influence than we probably realize but that influence requires solidarity and a bit of sacrifice - missing 16-20mins football is not a big deal in the grand scheme of things.  This season is done - it is all about creating pressure for next season now IMO.

Got so much time for posts like this.

Literally no idea why some are openly going out of their way now to be negative.

• Like 2

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11677/10186240/remi-garde-struggling-with-sleep-over-aston-villas-league-plight

Villa supporters are planning to walk out in the 74th minute of their next three home games, starting with the visit of Roberto Martinez's team.

The protests are planned for that particular time to signify when Villa were founded in 1874, with supporters angry at the club's lack of direction and likely drop into the Championship.

• Like 1

Must say I'm very impressed with how this thing started out and molded in to. Well done to all those involved, cracking job. I hope this protest leads to action and doesn't end as just a voicing of discontent. UTV.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, lmarsha_926 said:

Much rather sit in after a game and keep chanting about the board the club have to do to do something they will wont out the ground, If you leave you take your voice and you ability to be a problem with you.

We need to be united not walking out and then going home, also depending on the result it will get washed up, if we are losing at 60 minutes the ground maybe empty before 74 minutes, and what if we are winning we have not won many so why walk out a maybe miss one.

To many outside factors which mean it is pointless, I would love to see 30 thousand fans as soon as the final whistle goes, chanting about the board and refuse to move

Save that for the Newcastle game imo.

I doubt the players will dare do a lap around the pitch after the final home game but it usually gives fans a chance to hang around after the final whistle so chant about Lerner then.

4 hours ago, Gary Thomas said:

BIG THANKS to all those who've worked their asses off to organize and promote this – amazing effort and exposure being created!  I have a couple of season tickets and me and lad will be walking out on 74 regardless - to protest yes, but also to acknowledge and support the few who’ve worked so hard to organize some positive action. I really hope the broader fan base turn up to get behind this initiative, to send a loud signal to everyone concerned (the management hierarchy, the media, the fan base) that Villa supporters are able and willing to organize to take action. We have more power and influence than we probably realize but that influence requires solidarity and a bit of sacrifice - missing 16-20mins football is not a big deal in the grand scheme of things.  This season is done - it is all about creating pressure for next season now IMO.

Absolutely this. Was going to post at lunch today but didn't get time to do so. If I wasn't working until relatively later on in the day I would have offered to leaflet but I just won't be at the ground much before kick off. Some of the posts (no names) really annoyed me. "It would be much better if..", just shows a complete lack of disregard to the organisers of this movement. THEY got off their asses to organise this and the best some people can do is moan on a forum how it won't be as good as a half arsed thought they had. Well done all. See you on the way out during the 74th minute!

• Like 2

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/aston-villa-boss-remi-garde-7466902?

Manager says he is working 24/7 on a miracle escape from the drop but faces ‘Out the Door on 74’ minutes demo during Tuesday's home game with Everton

Subscribe

GettyStoke-City-v-Aston-Villa-Premier-League
Second city shambles: Villa are adrift at bottom of table

Remi Garde says he is having sleepless nights as he tries to halt Aston Villa’s slide into the Championship.

Villa are eight points from safety with 11 games to go, and boss Garde says he is working 24/7 to engineer a miraculous escape.

“I’m trying to analyse what I have to do and what I can change,” he said.

“Between games, I’m not sleeping very well, as you can guess. I’m trying to do my best in my position.”

Garde refuses to take any time off and analysed Villa’s defeat at Stoke on Saturday to figure out how to improve them ahead of Tuesday’s clash with Everton.

In pictures - Stoke 2-1 Aston Villa

VIEW GALLERY Marko Arnautovic celebrates with team mates after scoring his second goal

“I don’t go to the theatre or cinema or anything like that,” said the Frenchman. “I’m watching football at night to see how we can score goals and not concede any.

“I’m fully focused on the job. When that’s not the case, I’m not in football anymore. I’ve done so already and when I’m in the job, I’m focused on the job, 100 per cent.”

Read more: 10 things we learned from this last Premier League weekend

Villa fans have had enough and the ‘Out the Door on 74’ campaign group are planning a walk-out in the 74th minute of Tuesday’s game at Villa Park in protest at owner Randy Lerner.

Watch — The 'Out the Door on 74' campaign's call to action:

CLICK TO PLAY  

Play
0:00
/
0:00

Fullscreen
Mute

Garde is focused on events on the pitch and insists he is still fighting.

“My intention is not to leave the job until I’m told to do so,” he said. “I know it’s a difficult situation, but in football, in life, you have situations that you have to cope with. But I’m strong enough to do so.

Read more: Stoke official Twitter account trolls Joleon Lescott over THAT tweet

“It’s a tremendously important game for us in midweek and picking up the three points is vital for us. We will need the perfect game defensively and then we will need to be more threatening offensively.

“Hope is still there for us. I spoke to the players and the minimum is keeping the spirit and improving on the field.”

• Like 1

As I said im fully behind this, I will even walk out of work when it hits 74 minutes on Flashscore. the club are being ridiculously arrogant about this and hopefully this makes back pages and gives the senior management a red face

• Like 4

Good luck. This has come an awfully long way in a short space of time and I can't imagine what it's taken to make that happen.

Very impressive, and I'll be with you all the way. Except I won't. But you know what I mean. 

• Like 3

Â