Keinan Davis

a-k

1 hour ago, May-Z said:

If Watford sell Dennis for £33m to Forest and get Keinan in for ~£10m then they've done well. 

~£10m is also good for Villa

Sky Sports reporting that Forest are paying £12.5m + £7.5m in add-ons for Dennis

On 13/08/2022 at 14:21, a-k said:

I might get roasted for saying this, but I would have loved to have at least once seen Davis partner Ings up top with Buendia behind them. Intelligent, on the ground football to break teams down.

He's got everything Ollie has and potentially more IMO.

Pace, power, can pass, could argue he has better feet.

I actually reckon if you just wanted to run a defense ragged ( And potential miss a load of chances 🤣 ) you could pair those two up top and leave the goal scoring to our other attacking players.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I actually reckon if you just wanted to run a defense ragged ( And potential miss a load of chances 🤣 ) you could pair those two up top and leave the goal scoring to our other attacking players.

As I remember it, that's pretty much what he did for us back in his breakthrough under Bruce at 19 years old, which really allowed Hourihane and maybe more—Snodgrass—to shine. Man U were linked with him that January. I know we all know this—I'm just reminiscing. I still believe in Keinan.

Edited by Rolta
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Rolta said:

As I remember it, that's pretty much what he did for us back in his breakthrough under Bruce at 19 years old, which really allowed Hourihane and maybe more—Snodgrass—to shine. Man U were linked with him that January. I know we all know this—I'm just reminiscing. I still believe in Keinan.

i remember when Davis broke in to the first team, he really looked special, i also remember after some of his performances he was attracting the attention of Manure.

Whether he would have developed better and achieved a higher level if we had managed his development better, who knows, but we really did him dirty with the terrible way we managed his development.

Obviously, his injuries didnt help over time, but we defo did him dirty in terms of his development.

such a pity, but glad to see we are doing better now with developing our youth players.

• Confused 1

30 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

His all round game isn’t at PL standard.  Great for the Championship but not the PL, thank god our manager realises that.  

Enjoy Watford Davis, wish you the best and hope you make the move permanently.

• Like 1

Good move for all parties really. 
He isn’t good enough for us, and championship is his level.

I wish him well. 

I hope he proves me wrong and becomes a regular scorer. If he does, and scores 10 or more league goals this season, I’ll donate £50 to Acorns.

7 hours ago, MaVilla said:

i remember when Davis broke in to the first team, he really looked special, i also remember after some of his performances he was attracting the attention of Manure.

Whether he would have developed better and achieved a higher level if we had managed his development better, who knows, but we really did him dirty with the terrible way we managed his development.

Obviously, his injuries didnt help over time, but we defo did him dirty in terms of his development.

such a pity, but glad to see we are doing better now with developing our youth players.

Did we really do the dirty on him?

Unfortunately  he has been injured so much of the time in the past two years.

if he had been fit and bursting at the seams for a starting place, I would be more inclined to agree.

I personally don’t think he will make a regular starter in the prem and I think that he should thank the club for giving him a life, that he probably only dreamed of a few years back.

I have no ill will whatsoever towards him, I hope he absolutely smashes it at Watford and no doubt he will receive a very warm welcome if/when he makes a return to VP

Â