Keinan Davis

a-k

24 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

No he doesn't and regardless of salary a footballer wants to play football. It must be absolutely devastating having to rehab and watch a quarter of your career dwindle by because of niggles and injuries.

Not sure I agree with that, there are many examples of players preferring to sit on a bench earning big wages rather than move, maybe less money but play games.  

I’d also question why Keinan hasn’t pushed more when he has been fit either for a move away or a loan away.  On this forum, in the summer, it was discussed the transfer windows where he was fit and could’ve gone out on loan but didn’t.  He never pushed, only ever looked like he had a bench role, never getting many minutes.  If I had been him I’d be looking to get minutes, he’s literally had one season where he got good games and now he’s a month away from turning 24…has he really been fighting for game time when he’s been fit? 🤔 Quite hard to walk away from £45k per week to a Championship wage, especially when Forest are stretching themselves, usually given their highest paid player is on £25k per week, with most under £20k per week.

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Not sure I agree with that, there are many examples of players preferring to sit on a bench earning big wages rather than move, maybe less money but play games.  

I’d also question why Keinan hasn’t pushed more when he has been fit either for a move away or a loan away.  On this forum, in the summer, it was discussed the transfer windows where he was fit and could’ve gone out on loan but didn’t.  He never pushed, only ever looked like he had a bench role, never getting many minutes.  If I had been him I’d be looking to get minutes, he’s literally had one season where he got good games and now he’s a month away from turning 24…has he really been fighting for game time when he’s been fit? 🤔 Quite hard to walk away from £45k per week to a Championship wage, especially when Forest are stretching themselves, usually given their highest paid player is on £25k per week, with most under £20k per week.

'If I had been him'. Do you actually know anything about his circumstances? Genuinely? My guess is no.

4 minutes ago, AV82 said:

'If I had been him'. Do you actually know anything about his circumstances? Genuinely? My guess is no.

Great response, you totally showed me! 🤦‍♂️😂

Edited by nick76

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

I don’t think he’s ever shown enough that he could be considered to have the ability to be a PL player.  He just always looked like a player that at best, when fit, would fit a Championship team and arguably at best the lower half of that league.

Funny, yet two managers have renewed his contract at this club and clearly thought he’s worth the money he’s on. 

Other pros at the club have always spoken extremely highly of him. You seem hell bent on putting him down and it’s almost as if you’re willing this loan to fail. 

1 minute ago, Steero113 said:

Funny, yet two managers have renewed his contract at this club and clearly thought he’s worth the money he’s on. 

Other pros at the club have always spoken extremely highly of him. You seem hell bent on putting him down and it’s almost as if you’re willing this loan to fail. 

To be fair, he has said he wishes him well, at Forest, so its not personal.

He is just emphatic, he doesn't rate him....He is entitled to that opinion...just saying.

• Like 1

Just now, TRO said:

To be fair, he has said he wishes him well, at Forest, so its not personal.

He is just emphatic, he doesn't rate him....He is entitled to that opinion...just saying.

Yeah that’s fair enough and I’m entitled to mine. 

A car crash gif when responding to how the loan will pan out is hardly wishing him well. 

I’m interested to see if he can get an extended run starting in a side at Forest. Something he’s never had at Villa either through injury or our pecking order. 

• Like 1

Is it really that far fetched to think he could end up doing what Antonio did?

I might just be very naive but I still haven't given up on him.

I refuse to give up when I see so much ability in a player.

He is big, strong as an ox, can hold the ball up, bring others into play, technically he is very sound, and his link up play is underrated.

He has got some attributes none of our other strikers have.

Edited by villalad21

5 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

He is big, strong as an ox, can hold the ball up, bring others into play, technically he is very sound, and his link up play is underrated.

Gives up on Danny Ings after 6 months yet believes in Davis after 6 years. You also rate Maupay and Bamford over Haaland and Lukaku 

I wouldnt say naive but its either you have no idea about strikers or your on the wind up or both

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Gives up on Danny Ings after 6 months yet believes in Davis after 6 years. You also rate Maupay and Bamford over Haaland and Lukaku 

I wouldnt say naive but its either you have no idea about strikers or your on the wind up or both

Ings is 29 there's a big difference.

Davis still got time to further develop.

Also I don't rate Maupay and Bamford over Haaland and Lukaku

Edited by villalad21

6 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I think a lot of it comes down to the team he plays for, and his role in that team.

He hasn’t shown that he could be prolific, that may obviously change but if for arguments sake it doesn’t, it’s whether those other attributes will get him a start for a team?

I’m genuinely hopeful that he can start finding a taste for goals on this loan, if he can be at a level where he can score 12-15 goals per season in the championship, with his other attributes added in then you’re talking a big player at that level.

I think he is only ever going to be a sub at Villa, his only starts will be cup matches. 

7 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

You are using the exception to the rule to try and prove a point.

2 players isnt an exception 🙄

Vardy was top scorer in his 30s, Mane is 29. Messi and Ronaldo have scored about 300 goals between them after 29.

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

2 players isnt an exception 🙄

Vardy was top scorer in his 30s, Mane is 29. Messi and Ronaldo have scored about 300 goals between them after 29.

You're right.

We should change our business model and start buying 29 year olds because of Lewandowski and Messi...

8 hours ago, Steero113 said:

Only one gave him the money he’s on now and yet he still gets virtually no game time even at times when he was fit, ready and we needed more support up front last season didn’t get on.  Even when me, his biggest critic thought he should start or come on he didn’t. Our new manager comes in and ships him out on loan, the first day of his first transfer window…

8 hours ago, Steero113 said:

A car crash gif when responding to how the loan will pan out is hardly wishing him well. 

I’ve wished him well a number of times on here but wishing him well and thinking it won’t be a success through a funny car collapsing gif aren’t in conflict.  I’m not wanting him to fail, I really want him to do well because that’s good for him and good for Villa whether that means we sell him or bring him back into the fold.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I’ve wished him well a number of times on here but wishing him well and thinking it won’t be a success through a funny car collapsing gif aren’t in conflict.  I’m not wanting him to fail, I really want him to do well because that’s good for him and good for Villa whether that means we sell him or bring him back into the fold.

Fair enough mate, lets hope the lad can get a proper run in a side to show people what he can do. 

• Like 1

Â