limpid

1 minute ago, KHV said:

Not watching this but is Veretout playing badly? Ray Houghton on talksport said he couldn't work out what Veretout was supposed to be doing out there so I assume he is having a bad one

Compared to some of his recent games, he has been very quiet.

Not watching this but is Veretout playing badly? Ray Houghton on talksport said he couldn't work out what Veretout was supposed to be doing out there so I assume he is having a bad one

I think he's been fine, we've controlled the midfield IMO Westwood and Gana have stood out more but veretout in a role of linking 5 yard passes and keeping the ball has been ok, done nothing wrong but hasn't done anything particularly well either

He is playing right side of the diamond and letting the game pass him by. It seems like he wants to drift into the middle more but isn't. Not having a bad game but not really getting involved enough

• Like 1

He is playing right side of the diamond and letting the game pass him by. It seems like he wants to drift into the middle more but isn't. Not having a bad game but not really getting involved enough

8 minutes ago, terrytini said:

That is exactly the type of improvement/ performance we need to see Garde getting from the squad.

No complaints.

And I've said it before and will keep saying it, the players are NOT poor.

I wish you were right! Some are terrible. Thankfully they are not on the pitch.

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

Gana back to his best. Let's do this!

WE need a good inspirational chat from our manager now to make the players believe in what they've just achieved in the first half, then build on it in the 2nd.

2 minutes ago, KHV said:

not really, given it away of couple times when trying to thread the needle with a pass, but at least hes trying to play attacking balls. I think the biggest issue is that he seems reticent to get too far forward, and as a result he hasnt really got into the game enough - i wonder if he has been told to hold back a bit to cover when Bacuna inevitably goes wandering. 

Just now, YLN said:

What's different? I've noticed we're better, but can any master tactician in our ranks tell us what's changed? Aside from the personnel

To me it seems like this back 4 are staying more solid. No crazy runs from Hutton or Richards. 

And the workrate has been upped by everyone. 

You can see why Palace concede so few and are safe in midtable, while we concede ridiculous goals and are going down as a result.

Palace are organised, physical and bust a gut to block everything

In the first 30 seconds we have half the defence trying to place offside and the other not, and a result Palace nearly score, and then from a set piece Delaney has both Okore and Lescott marking him and still gets to the ball and nearly scores.