AVST: AGM with Tom Fox Q&A

limpid

3 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Its okay, I'd just ask him about sponsorship deals and watch the snake oil salesman start to sweat as he involuntarily tells the room about what a monumental cock up he made appointing Sherwood.

He said he cocked up appointing Sherwood.

Seen the fans on San all saying they waved the white flag and these clowns have given up. Fantastic so much positivity coming out the club at the moment

pathetic. I'm not spending a penny on the club until they start investing in the squad

What a lol of crock that is.. Always passing the buck at avfc..

Also 3rd highest spender in ten years? I'd be very surprised if that's accurate...Off the top of my head, Liverpool, utd and city have easily spunkef £300m in the last 5 yrs. Then throw in the likes of Chelsea and Spurs (who spent the entire £90m from bale in one summer).

27 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

He said he cocked up appointing Sherwood.

Did he? When was that, do you have a link?

If that is the case then perhaps he is part of the problem with the structure and the decisions made in the summer, is he going to loose his job? No of course he won't.

10 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Club don't say anything, get criticised. Club has fans meeting, gets criticised. Fans want honesty, club give them honesty but get criticised. Fans don't hear what they want. Club get criticised. Club lies to fans, gets criticised. Club try to tell truth, gets criticised. Fox admits mistakes have been made. Gets criticised. Fans want Lerner far away from decisions. New guy gets criticised. Club up for sale...... See where I'm going?

Club deserves a certain level of criticism for sure. Mistakes have been made in abundance. But plans to put things right which should of been implemented sooner. You guessed it get criticised.... Jeez I'm taking a break from here. 

The problem being there appears little effort to put things right on the pitch. I accept that off field, on field do not operate in isolation of each other but we're a football club for god sake. Its great that we're increasing revenue, 'customer' experience, etc... What I care about is what happens on the pitch and they just seem to have given up on that, for the remainder of this season at least.

Krulak is a clown but at least he suggested some passion and fight!

Edited by JP1982

Club don't say anything, get criticised. Club has fans meeting, gets criticised. Fans want honesty, club give them honesty but get criticised. Fans don't hear what they want. Club get criticised. Club lies to fans, gets criticised. Club try to tell truth, gets criticised. Fox admits mistakes have been made. Gets criticised. Fans want Lerner far away from decisions. New guy gets criticised. Club up for sale...... See where I'm going?

Club deserves a certain level of criticism for sure. Mistakes have been made in abundance. But plans to put things right which should of been implemented sooner. You guessed it get criticised.... Jeez I'm taking a break from here. 

Thing is football at its core is very simple, if you're good on the pitch then fans really won't care about your hot dog sponsor deals, however if like us you're shit on the pitch there's nothing you will be able to do to win off it

After the last couple of years people have rightly asked questions, however with relegation people don't even care about questions, every man and his dog is a word removed, there is one and only one right answer - don't get **** relegated, everything else is irrelevant at the moment

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Also 3rd highest spender in ten years? I'd be very surprised if that's accurate...Off the top of my head, Liverpool, utd and city have easily spunkef £300m in the last 5 yrs. Then throw in the likes of Chelsea and Spurs (who spent the entire £90m from bale in one summer).

If you bother to read the quote he says we are top six " owners PUTTING money in" 

Spurs, Citeh, plop, man Utd, Le Arse all generate their expenditure. We don't. Simples. 

Hollis pointed out that the club were "in the top six where the owner has put the most money in", in a league including Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Manchester City, Manchester United and Tottenham.

"Randy has actually put more than £200m in player signings, new money, coming into this over the last 10 years," added Hollis.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/35378292

16 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

I can't be certain but I'd hazard a guess that the spending comment will be something like gross investment from the owner spending, basically saying that because we don't make the kind of money the big 4 do, for example, Randy over 10 years had made a greater investment directly than most of them.

It's a spin but not inaccurate.

1 minute ago, thabucks said:

If you bother to read the quote he says we are top six " owners PUTTING money in" 

Spurs, Citeh, plop, man Utd, Le Arse all generate their expenditure. We don't. Simples. 

And whose fault is it that the club isn't generating expenditure?

I'd still argue that other chairman are still putting in more money...we've been told repeatedly the last few years that every commercial deal we've signed us the biggest one yet..yet still Lerner is putting in more of his own money? 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, thabucks said:

I already hate this Hollis fella. Every time he talks I cringe. How much of that 200 million did we recoup by selling our best platters year after year after year. Letting good players go on a free or cheaply. That's Randy fault.

• Like 1

Just now, mikeyp102 said:

I'd still argue that other chairman are still putting in more money...we've been told repeatedly the last few years that every commercial deal we've signed us the biggest one yet..yet still Lerner is putting in more of his own money? 

Tom Fox appears to have made generating bigger commercial income a priority, not a surprise given his background.

As for the deals being the biggest ever over the years, assuming that's entirely true, the difference between a big deal for us and a big deal for say Spurs is astonishing. And more so for the real big boys. Manchester United's current shirt deal compared to ours with Macron is terrifying, and the Macron deal is the biggest we've ever had IIRC. Now repeat for every deal the club can do. And bear in mind there's probably deals the fashionable clubs get money from we can barely dream of. It adds up quickly.

Tom Fox appears to have made generating bigger commercial income a priority, not a surprise given his background.

As for the deals being the biggest ever over the years, assuming that's entirely true, the difference between a big deal for us and a big deal for say Spurs is astonishing. And more so for the real big boys. Manchester United's current shirt deal compared to ours with Macron is terrifying, and the Macron deal is the biggest we've ever had IIRC. Now repeat for every deal the club can do. And bear in mind there's probably deals the fashionable clubs get money from we can barely dream of. It adds up quickly.

Man Utds official Japanese pot noodle partner deal is worth more than our shirt deal

The level at which Utd are operating us way way beyond U.S., I'd say even with inflation and where football is going we won't be pulling in Utd 2015 figures in 50 years time

Arsenal had £104m in match day revenue, i haven't seen our figures but I'd be surprised if we came near that for our entire revenue

3 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Yes of course the top sides generate more money... But what of the rest of the league? We are one of the select few sides that have been an ever present in the premier league. Surely our income should be higher than most others?

• Like 1

We learned very little from agm tonight,we already knew the club is badly run by incompetent people who do not want to take the blame for the mess the club is in .It has prob also zapped whatever positivity that existed in the club and supporters.