AVST: AGM with Tom Fox Q&A

limpid

1 hour ago, briny_ear said:

Just changed the words to include a different fact about Sherwood's performance last season.

Just to see if it holds water.

It doesn't, does it?

You spelt Benteke wrong again.

13 hours ago, briny_ear said:

When Fox was appointed he said

"The chance to work with Randy, Paul Lambert and Robin to help restore the Club to its rightful place in the Premier League is a challenge I'm really energised by and greatly looking forward to."

Only one question really:

"So, Tom, how's it all going?"

We're building something special. Didn't you hear?

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, mwj said:

Did anyone record video/audio of this? Kind of hard to follow what's going on with so many knobheads having brain explosions on Twitter...

I've no direct knowledge but I'd imagine it would be very unlikely that an event like this would be recorded. This is a members-only event from what I can see.

Villa AGM

Tom Fox

The game and the league has changed dramatically...the fact is #avfc didnt. We stood still." "We had an aggressive plan over the summer...manager at the time was willing to work to this. Fell down integrating players" - "We are trying to make changes at Bodymoor Heath away from manager centric model. Model smaller teams have adopted "The academy is critical. At our level AVFC must develop players. Sporting Director is looking at academy & develop sellable assets." - "As the CEO i think about whole of #avfc...money has to come from somewhere. I have to turn revenue to deliver players and success.." - "Manager has been very honest. Difficulty to attract players with value we need. If AVFC relegated, wage structure will change." "This is a massively loss making business. The first in my 30 year career." "Issue isn't #avfc spending money. Issue not getting return on money. Randy 3rd biggest spender in last 10 years." "Numbers reported are incorrect...owner spent £23 million of own money lat season." - "only way to market AVFC better is to get product on pitch better, if in Championship marketings hindered. We werent doing when 6th" "Im the CEO & I'm accountable. AVFC had a big job.Now have an ability to make decisions. But its very recent" - "We have made some mistakes since I've been here...its not where AVFC want to be. I live this every single day. Its deeply personal." "We've been heading here for 4 years. We scraped by last season. We have made mistake after mistake. AVFC needed massive turnaround." "You've got everything we need but we're still failing. We have enough to put AVFC on path of success. "Tim Sherwood said we cant do it with these guys. No football club lets one guy pick 15 guys. AVFC squad lost confidence v early." - "Recruitment in summer did not deliver a bad outcome." "Ill take blame for mistakes I've made. Managers I've hired on my watch. We have tried to sign players. We arent desirable right now."

Hollis

"The only thing that will change things is how we learn. "You are only as good as service to the customer...people like coming to AVFC VP...even in adversity..my job is to make it right" "I'm looking at board structure. How does bringing a 'name' to to #avfc board improve communication with fans?" - "Why don't I fire people? It would be the worst thing i could do!" - H

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, andykeenan said:

Villa AGM

Tom Fox

The game and the league has changed dramatically...the fact is #avfc didnt. We stood still." "We had an aggressive plan over the summer...manager at the time was willing to work to this. Fell down integrating players" - "We are trying to make changes at Bodymoor Heath away from manager centric model. Model smaller teams have adopted "The academy is critical. At our level AVFC must develop players. Sporting Director is looking at academy & develop sellable assets." - "As the CEO i think about whole of #avfc...money has to come from somewhere. I have to turn revenue to deliver players and success.." - "Manager has been very honest. Difficulty to attract players with value we need. If AVFC relegated, wage structure will change." "This is a massively loss making business. The first in my 30 year career." "Issue isn't #avfc spending money. Issue not getting return on money. Randy 3rd biggest spender in last 10 years." "Numbers reported are incorrect...owner spent £23 million of own money lat season." - "only way to market AVFC better is to get product on pitch better, if in Championship marketings hindered. We werent doing when 6th" "Im the CEO & I'm accountable. AVFC had a big job.Now have an ability to make decisions. But its very recent" - "We have made some mistakes since I've been here...its not where AVFC want to be. I live this every single day. Its deeply personal." "We've been heading here for 4 years. We scraped by last season. We have made mistake after mistake. AVFC needed massive turnaround." "You've got everything we need but we're still failing. We have enough to put AVFC on path of success. "Tim Sherwood said we cant do it with these guys. No football club lets one guy pick 15 guys. AVFC squad lost confidence v early." - "Recruitment in summer did not deliver a bad outcome." "Ill take blame for mistakes I've made. Managers I've hired on my watch. We have tried to sign players. We arent desirable right now."

Hollis

"The only thing that will change things is how we learn. "You are only as good as service to the customer...people like coming to AVFC VP...even in adversity..my job is to make it right" "I'm looking at board structure. How does bringing a 'name' to to #avfc board improve communication with fans?" - "Why don't I fire people? It would be the worst thing i could do!" - H

Just a load of wishy washy bollox then?!

I think what these fools fail to realise is that if they sort the "business" out on the pitch, where it really matters, then restructuring the boardroom and the commercial side of the club will become much easier. I think the bottom line here is Hollis will strip back everything, use a little polyfiller and whack up some cheap tatty wallpaper to make it presentable from the outside. 

I think it is safe to say that unless we can find a decent striker to play for a couple of cans of carling and a packet of nuts we won't be signing anyone of note. Unless of course we are to get excited at potentially signing a once upon a time great defender with absolutely no potential, or legs left.

Would not surprise me to see Remi walk at the end of the season after realising himself(unless he already has) that he is employed by idiots that couldn't even run a bath and have no real intention of helping him sort the footballing side of things out.

What next?! Will it be the renaming of the Holte to the Poundstretcher stand!

Sorry, Rant over!

• Like 1

On 5 January 2016 at 16:56, omariqy said:

Hope someone throws a shoe at him.

did anyone throw a shoe at him?

also why is throwing a shoe at someone considered an insult in Islam, surely throwing you shoe at anyone in any faith can hardly be considered as a friendly gesture

I actually don't have a problem with future planning and planning for the championship. It's actually the right thing to do.

My problem is I have seen us "plan" things before and it has ended up going very very wrong.

I am pretty sure we will go down and not come back straight up, the noise about spending "not being the answer" and a "long term plan" to me suggests that we won't be doing a West Ham for example.

I actually have no problem with what they have come out with (besides calling out the academy as "assets" to sell) I am more worried going forward what they will do rather than what they have said. I have very little faith we will get things right.

• Like 1

I'm now wondering what the point is in having let ANY players go this month, if we were doubtful of signing any? That said, in reality I think we pretty much all knew what was going on. Probably just stings more coming from the horses mouth, so no need to leave the optimism just yet, until Saturday?

• Like 1