AVST: AGM with Tom Fox Q&A

limpid

2 hours ago, OLDVILLAIN said:

Mr fox is going to have a great night! sure didnt he boost the sale of merchandise and shirts! what more do we want!!

He's not exactly patrolling the Holte End on match day with an open mic. He's inviting along a few people who'll sit there, enjoy the hospitality, and come back to tell us that Tom is a bloody nice bloke who's trying his hardest, but they can't say too much about it.

23 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

He's not exactly patrolling the Holte End on match day with an open mic. He's inviting along a few people who'll sit there, enjoy the hospitality, and come back to tell us that Tom is a bloody nice bloke who's trying his hardest, but they can't say too much about it.

He's not inviting anyone. Read the link. This is the Trust's AGM and any Trust member can attend.

Several questions occur to me:

1) Do you ever think you're incompetent?

2) Can you confirm whether Hendrik Almstadt is involved in anything more than doing a little light photocopying and inflating footballs, and if not, can you tell us why you chose to give him the title of 'sporting director', when he doesn't actually direct any sport?

3) Do you feel that the kind of inflation provided by having a 'Sporting Director' who doesn't direct any sport, and a CEO who has no experience of being a CEO, is in any way indicative of the shambolic shite served up to paying customers at this football club?

4) Do you feel ashamed?

6) If you were a primate, but not a human, which primate would you be and why?

Edited by HanoiVillan
  • Like 1

I think i would start with

Q: What happened to the new Chairman...did he refuse to come?

Q: Do you agree with General Krulak that if we battle like Marines in a pickle, we will stay up still?

Q: Do you think it's appropriate for a Premier League football clubs board to hide from and deceive it's fan base as they quietly go about wrecking the club?

Q: Do you think being self sustaining in 2016 gives any team a realistic chance of being remotely competitive?

Q: How come teams recently promoted perennially attract better players than AVFC?

Q: What is you're plan for next season, promotion? or merely to balance the books and be a self sustaining non entity as usual?

Q: Do cats have knees ??? :huh:

• Like 2

6 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Several questions occur to me:

1) Do you ever think you're incompetent?

2) Can you confirm whether Hendrik Almstadt is involved in anything more than doing a little light photocopying and inflating footballs, and if not, can you tell us why you chose to give him the title of 'sporting director', when he doesn't actually direct any sport?

3) Do you feel that the kind of inflation provided by having a 'Sporting Director' who doesn't direct any sport, and a CEO who has no experience of being a CEO, is in any way indicative of the shambolic shite served up to paying customers at this football club?

4) Do you feel ashamed?

6) If you were a primate, but not a human, which primate would you be and why?

Questions 2-3 has had me chuckling for most of the evening. Good Stuff!

3 hours ago, lexicon said:

I hope someone asks about Richards' contract RE: always playing CB when fit. Be good to either confirm that or put it to bed. 

im sure thats not a clause. no club would ever agree to it and I think it was just a chat with the manager saying he will play him there

The single question is forget behind the scenes what is going on the pitch what value have you and those other two clowns added to aston villa since you arrived. As facts show we have progressively got worse each season. also why are you suggesting the future is positive when we are about to get relegated??

Who do you believe is responsible for our certain relegation this season?

Garde?

Sherwood?

Team?

Lerner?

Himself?

(I'm sure he will give some "collective responsibility" bullshit. The only way he comes away from it with credit is if he says himself or McLeish :P )

On 1/6/2016 at 11:38, villa4europe said:

is this where they get together and discuss the clubs decision to change from a cheese and onion pastie to a cheese and onion pie?

Given the last face to face he had with fans that OBE reported on, I highly doubt it will be as superficial as that.

Whether you like him or not, and whether you believe him or not, Tom Fox certainly doesn't seem like the kind of guy who dodges questions about the actual state of the team.

Edited by Stevo985

Because this season is a complete F**k up.

He should explain RL objectives for the future,himself, the transfer window targets, the rest of the season, next seasons objectives,

and then he can F**k off

So we are holding the CEO to account due to a chronic failure of the playing staff? 

Tom Fox is liable in my eyes for one piece of gross negligence and that is the failure to sack Sherwood after he kept us in the premier league against the odds.

Just changed the words to include a different fact about Sherwood's performance last season.

Just to see if it holds water.

It doesn't, does it?

When Fox was appointed he said

"The chance to work with Randy, Paul Lambert and Robin to help restore the Club to its rightful place in the Premier League is a challenge I'm really energised by and greatly looking forward to."

Only one question really:

"So, Tom, how's it all going?"

18 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

When Fox was appointed he said

"The chance to work with Randy, Paul Lambert and Robin to help restore the Club to its rightful place in the Premier League is a challenge I'm really energised by and greatly looking forward to."

Only one question really:

"So, Tom, how's it all going?"

Who's Robin?