AVST: AGM with Tom Fox Q&A

limpid

Whenever I read anything off these words removed it makes me so angry. 

Still today, in our current position, these words removed are still trying to defend the owner.

The way they talk they make us sound like a Fulham. Some tiny club that can't compete. We've reached this position because of people like Lerner, Fox and co. People who have made shit decisions and **** us up. 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, dounavilla said:

So Randy has dished out loads of his own money blah,blah,blah....

But when we need some investment most we won't spend... 

If I could post a picard face palm I would. 

The amount of money that Lerner has invested should be more than enough, as he said, 3rd highest in the last 10 seasons, the problem at the club is that we continuously waste every pence we spend,

I **** hate the way these words removed keep banging on about the money spent in the summer. It just shows the lack of respect they have for us fans. We all know the reality of the situation, we've seen us suffer for years, we saw which players left and how much we got for them. We've been fans of this club before you words removed came along, we know what's taken place, maybe talk to us with that in mind. 

• Like 2

With that in mind I can genuinely say we will be F****** in the Championship. Teams are still spending 5-6-7-8-9+ million in the Championship on players an stand still, Looks like we have got to raise money to spend.

They seem clueless to the fact that we need to spend heavily still, to even compete in the Championship, an that's very worrying.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

Don't fall for the bullshit. He was but like other managers that went before he was a tiny part and is now, again like his predecessors, a nice convenient scapegoat for those who remain at the club.

The biggest reason that we again went backwards this season is that we had a 7 mill net spend over the summer to improve on a squad of players that had finished 17th. Oh and also the issue of once again reducing the wage bill.

With the buffoons we have at the club, the latest buffoon having recently arrived, and the lack of accountability other than continually blaming the most recently sacked manager I have zero hope that things will be improving any time soon. In fact they will almost certainly get far worse.

Spot on. Always to the point with things Mark.

Edited by DK82

1 hour ago, andykeenan said:

"Numbers reported are incorrect...owner spent £23 million of own money lat season"

"if in Championship marketings hindered. We werent doing when 6th"

£23 million put in by Randy last season - really???

We weren't marketing when we were 6th.  Why not???

25 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

This. Might as well give up now.

Exactly. 

Our academy hasn't exactly created gems. But i've enjoyed seeing the likes of Cahil, Gabby and Grealish make their way into the first team. Although it turned out to be a let down I was incredibly excited to see what Luke Moore would turn into. If our academy is now just a way to raise funds then **** me that's a depressing thought. I know the reality of modern football, is that we won't keep hold of players that are genuinely top class, but if we're not trying to bring through players to represent and play for the club then we're becoming something I don't think i'm going to enjoy.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

With that in mind I can genuinely say we will be F****** in the Championship. Teams are still spending 5-6-7-8-9+ million in the Championship on players an stand still, Looks like we have got to raise money to spend.

They seem clueless to the fact that we need to spend heavily still, to even compete in the Championship, an that's very worrying.

Predicted it. Try being in the media and getting answers. My friend said they'd have more like getting something from ISIS or North Korea.

The cuts are coming, and we will be in this same position in a few years but the next league down.

7 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I **** hate the way these words removed keep banging on about the money spent in the summer. It just shows the lack of respect they have for us fans. We all know the reality of the situation, we've seen us suffer for years, we saw which players left and how much we got for them. We've been fans of this club before you words removed came along, we know what's taken place, maybe talk to us with that in mind. 

They've lied for so long, why would they stop now? Fans lap it up.

Political bullshit from fox. Getting their excuses in early why they are not spending money. Saying over clubs are rolling the dice with spending large amounts on average players. Bet those average signings keep them up while we are playing Rotherham next season

1 hour ago, Jimzk5 said:

did anyone throw a shoe at him?

also why is throwing a shoe at someone considered an insult in Islam, surely throwing you shoe at anyone in any faith can hardly be considered as a friendly gesture

I didn't know it was an insult in Islam tbh? I don't think it is. I just wanted someone to throw a shoe at him.

12 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

I wish I'd seen this earlier, I'd have happily parted with £5 to throw some questions at Mr Fox.

in fairness a key skill of Fox is that he doesnt answer any questions he is asked, he prefers to twist them so when you ask about recruitment he will tell you about some kick-ass sponsorship deals he made :P

1 minute ago, omariqy said:

I didn't know it was an insult in Islam tbh? I don't think it is. I just wanted someone to throw a shoe at him.

Tut... yes it is. Feet/shoes are seen as dirty which is why they are taken off. Its also why throwing a shoe (see pictures of shoes being thrown at the Saddam Hussain statue in Iraq) is such an insult. Best hold on to those shoes of yours fella.... ;)

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

in fairness a key skill of Fox is that he doesnt answer any questions he is asked, he prefers to twist them so when you ask about recruitment he will tell you about some kick-ass sponsorship deals he made :P

Its okay, I'd just ask him about sponsorship deals and watch the snake oil salesman start to sweat as he involuntarily tells the room about what a monumental cock up he made appointing Sherwood.

Didn't go myself tonight but the reports and opinions I read suggest the upturn in optimism (regardless of which league we're likely to be in) and improvement in unity developed over the past couple of games has taken a real battering. In hindsight maybe this meeting has come completely at the wrong time.

Regardless of timing the message they spout is painful and further demonstrates we're viewed as a commodity not football club. I for one hate what we've become.

Unsubstantiated rumblings on twitter ( by one individual only but who suggests the message comes from Pete Colley) is that remi is ' seething' that the board have thrown the towel on this season? Couldn't fault the guy for walking!

Edited by JP1982