The Good The Bad And The Ugly

Rugeley Villa

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This is kind of cool. Two of my favourite bands combined. If you know Yo La Tengo, you know they'll often just bang out a cover at a live show, without actually rehearsing it, or often bothering to learn the words! This made me smile though. 

11 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Not to be confised with the Cash song of the same name. 

Covered by Bobby Bare. 

The Waylon song is an original I think, written by him. Arseholes that they are choosing the same title. My favourite of them all is the 62 Cash version but I love that Waylon song. Here looking as cool as they come. 

• Like 2

Jennings always seemed to look as cool as ****. He looks so easy to photograph, everything you see could have been a poster.

Currently got the Dusty Springfield on loop now.

Have to say, the sound that comes out of an ipad is surprisingly good.

HA! That Cash one couldn’t be any more Cash if he tried!

Edited by chrisp65
  • Like 1

This is from Johnny Cash's last album. 

The title track and a recording of a song made popular by Waylon Jennings. Cash recorded this in 84. 5 years after Waylon. 

Edit to say, his last album was made up of odds and sods. Hence this being from the 80s. Out Among The Stars was a pretty good album, disjointed but good. 

Edited by Seat68
  • Like 1

I just played both versions and I prefer Jennings’.

But if I’m honest with myself, I always do. I’ve got one ‘best of’ for Waylon Jennings but about 6, 7 or 8 Cash albums. I guess it comes down to what’s readily available in the shops and then it becomes self perpetuating. Cash sells, so Cash gets stocked.

Just now, chrisp65 said:

I just played both versions and I prefer Jennings’.

But if I’m honest with myself, I always do. I’ve got one ‘best of’ for Waylon Jennings but about 6, 7 or 8 Cash albums. I guess it comes down to what’s readily available in the shops and then it becomes self perpetuating. Cash sells, so Cash gets stocked.

Similarly, Cash Sun output and American recordings sell, so they are stocked. Thats me on my high horse about that though as I know he has better. I think on a given day my wife would choose Jennings over Cash, like you, she is **** wrong. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Seat68 said:

Not to be confised with the Cash song of the same name. 

Not a Cash song, just sayin' (Blake Alphonso Higgs is thought to be the originator but even that can't be proved)

Â