The Good The Bad And The Ugly

Rugeley Villa

• 2 weeks later...

Mastodon’s cover of Stairway to Heaven. The reason why stood in a queue for 2 hours on Saturday for RSD. The song is cool but love the background to why they did it. 

Their manager,  Nick John, sadly passed away in September 2018, losing his battle with cancer. For his funeral, the band were asked to do the cover as he was a huge Zeppelin fan. It transpired that the song was recorded by the singer of Gojira (another band the guy managed), which is b-side to the track. They decided to record a studio cover and give the proceeds to charity. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I went to an old school Indie Festival yesterday. Juliana Hatfield, an artist I've previously paid zero attention to, really did impress me quite a bit, this is her cover of Physical by Olivia Newton-John (She's done a whole album of ONJ covers). Good cover IMO. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Shropshire Lad said:

There’s plenty to enjoy in the covers Jess Greenberg records for her YouTube channel...

Yeah...I've just watched that with the sound off. 

Hypnotic 😍

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Before he got all middle class with some skateboarders I was a Billy Bragg completist. One of the things I bought was an ep of covers of Billy Bragg by the band Discount

Of the 5 tracks this is the best. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Â