Gaming in 2016

Dodgyknees

After playing the Alpah,Beta & open Beta my view hasn't changed. The Division is bland & generic. 

I sincerely hope they're holding back in terms of enemies because quite frankly the ranges of them is awful & I'm struggling to invest in bullet sponge gang bangers. I'm interested in what the end game is here, in terms of "what's there to do" to keep me playing. If it's the dark zone then I'll no doubt not bother with it.

The dark zone just has no structure, it's a mess....I've seen two game types:

1)People are s**t scared of going rogue so everyone plays like a rabbit caught in an open field (being classed as going rogue from a missplaced shot-someone walkng into your line of fire is annoying)

2)everyone goes rogue & it becomes a game of revenge kills...the ensuing chaos isn't even fun!

& every match has it's extraction zone campers.

Edited by mightysasquatch

• 2 weeks later...

Assetto Corsa is being ported to console which is great news.

I don't think a sim racer will ever be a hit on consoles (especially the multiplayer element) but I'm looking forward to playing it.

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

Looks like a Bioshock collection is being released for PS4/XBONE

http://twitter.com/lifelower/status/710399773845508096/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

YAY! Box art looks beautiful. Wouldn't mind it as a poster tbh.

Loved the original & the second. Finished & played thr third but I couldn't get as invested in it as the other two...still prob pick this up mind! 

I loved Infinite. Truly loved it. One of my favourite games ever. It had its faults but as a whole it had me hooked (lol).

Not sure I'd play them all over again though.

Edited by Ingram85

FInal entry of the Zero Escape trilogy confirmed for simulataneous worldwide release at the end of July, it's titled 'Zero Time Dilemma' and will release on 3DS, Vita and Windows. It'll answer the mysteries left over from Virtue's Last Reward, probably tie in to 999 as a result, and introduce a whole raft of new characters to boot. No idea when I'll ever get round to playing it, I still haven't touched Steins;gate, but I'll be keeping tabs on it. Fantastic set of games if you enjoy visual novels.

• Like 1

I really liked 13. Battle system was spot on (Maybe needed a little better AI). Graphics were superb. Story wasn't as bad as some made out. Yeah it was more 'in your face linear' than most games, but I could get past that. Grand Pulse was jaw dropping when you first got there. Only thing I didn't like was not being able to power level at any point. Each chapter had a cut off for how far you could go on the Crystarium.

Never played the other 2 but my brother said the 2nd one improves on the system somewhat.

I got on with them OK. I played them all cos they're FF games, they're not my favourite FF games or my favourite PS3 games by any stretch, but they're not bad games. Plat'd XIII-2 and LR, but not XIII as the grinding became too much. There isn't really any Lightning action in the second though, it's Serah action. The plot is completely mental mind you, even by standard JRPG terms.

I think Lightning Returns was my favourite of the 3 (disregarding characters and plot entirely), in hindsight it shows a lot of the ideas, especially in regards to traversing the world and the 'hubs', that are going to crop up in XIV and probably VIIR too. It also has one of the most curious 'post credit scenes' of any game I've played, in a staggeringly good way. It's an effective way to say 'we're defo done with this character now, so here's what happens to her in about 30 seconds'.

In regards to it being 'done' before XII, it's likely unfortunately. Steam releases are a pretty good indicator of what's going to crop up on current gen consoles, and seeing as all three are already out on that platform, with XII nowhere to be seen, it's likely a 'Lightning Trilogy' will come along first. Hope I'm wrong on that though.

Edited by hogso

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Reviews are suggesting that Platinum's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles game is more Legend of Korra than Transformers. Oh well.

Also, Famito Ueda has confirmed in an interview in Edge that The Last Guardian will definitely be released this year, 100%, promise, absolute defo. Will believe when I see it.

Edited by hogso

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Been watching a bit of gameplay here and there. Was skeptical at first, but now I'm really itching to play the new Civ. The price is putting me of though. For me the Steam price is the equivalent of £57