Gaming in 2016

Dodgyknees

I'm interested in The Division, the latest gameplay videos are really intriguing. Seems like there's lots of elements to the upgrade system, and the dark zones could be real fun.

• Like 1

The Witness, a first person puzzler from the maker of Braid set on an island, taking heavy inspiration from Myst, will be on PSN at the end of the month...for £30. No thank you. 

Edited by hogso

It looks like work in all honesty.

Apparently it builds to a greater... 'thing'... But everyone seems to have realised that the moment you spoil what that is, there's nothing to bother with in the game. Unless you love those line puzzles.

I swear had it been made by someone other than Jonathan Blow or some other indie darling, nobody cares about it.

On 27 January 2016 at 17:30, V01 said:

I have a spare beta code for The Division on Xbox which starts tomorrow. 

Games so bland & generic...I was worried when this got push back (I know someone in the industry who said what he played was not very good ala watch dogs also made by Ubisoft) & my fears were right. 

The firing mechanics are pretty decent but the world is just so bland, if it was by a small developer then fine but for me....it was boring as hell. Not the be all but it also looks horrible.

As it's now out of NDA, My thoughts after the alpha were:

It's similar to Defiance that came out a few years ago, Primarily single player but you can team up at any point. There's a base you can build up/upgrade as you rescue people/find items etc.

Open world map with loads of collectables/encounters and main/side missions.

Weapons weren't very accurate, the starting pistol was most useful out of the weapons I got to use. There are weapon and armour mods and an abilities/perks system.

What I played was good and as alpha's go it was very polished, however, if that is what the final game is released as I'll be disappointed. 

The beta is basically the alpha without the bugs and tightened up weapon balance/less bullet spongey enemies. exact same content as in the alpha