Gaming in 2016

Dodgyknees

On 1/1/2016 at 20:57, ender4 said:

You're planning to get an X-Box and play Uncharted.

That might be a bit tricky!

Uncharted is Playstation only.

ive already got a ps4, this year might be the year of expanding, in previous generations around the 2 and half or 3 year mark ive looked at trading and chopping and changing and picking up the 1st wave games on the cheap, the ps4 line up is too good this year, hopefully around summer i'll be able to get an xbone for around £200 and then the likes of titanfall for a fiver

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

It's more of a fad than the wii and will go the same way, shovelware and no major 3rd party support

You haven't tried it, have you? It's a game-changer.

We'll see how the Rift, Playustation VR, and HTC Vive compare soon enough, but whoever wins, VR is sticking around, it's breathtaking. For me, this is the most exciting development in gaming, ever. It's going to have more impact than the jump to 3D animations.

I tried it out at EGX for the second time a couple of months ago, and it was so exciting watching people's reaction when they took the headset off, just disbelief and amazement every time. It will take some time to see proper blockbuster games, but the price will drop, and it'll catch on in a big way, IMO.

Edited by Davkaus

It's a soft launch. VR has probably got a three to five year window to take off properly, the first generation of products were only ever going to be for enthusiasts and everybody involved in making headsets knows that. Manufacturing and development costs will fall relatively quickly and maybe someone will figure out how to turn a phone into a good headset too. Samsung are trying at the minute but it's niche to say the least. 

Playstation VR probably has the best chance of going mass market in 2016 but even then I don't really expect it to be much of a hit.

it varies by the context though, my opinion of it as an alpha release is lot different from my opinion if it was the finished game.

That said I still have it pre-ordered for now.

Can you say what the theory behind it is and what modes there are?

I like the set up and the look of it but I hate this go on online gang up with friends and other people and do it all co-op and then stab each other in the back stuff, if it's an online game with a second thought SP mode tacked on I'll probably wait for it to drop to £20

I've not really bothered with any news on the Division but watching some footage this morning, it's Destiny smashed into Ghost Recon without the squad commands. It looks pretty, and I actually think there's legs in a Destiny style game without the odd flaws of Bungie's title, but this looks a little dull and there's something completely... disorientating... about the realistic setting with real weapons, but then watching an assault rifle empty 2 clips into a bloke in a hoodie before he falls over. You look past that when it's whacky space rifles and aliens the size of the Hulk, but when it's an AK47 set to full auto at some guy dressed like a taxi driver it's harder to accept.

I thought the same. I don't even accept it with aliens, tbh. I'm so fed up of bullshit bullet-sponge enemies as a way of not having to come up with interesting gameplay. It's completely put me off the Uncharted series.

Not much I'm looking forward to if I'm honest. No man's sky's ship has sailed and I'm no longer interested erm.... That was about it. Everything else is so bland and uninspiring or a barely changed sequel.

Guess I'll keep an eye on last guardian (doubt it'll make this year though) and that Yuke-laylee. 

Hopefully e3 chucks up a few surprises.

Oh and I'll probably get uncharted 4 but can't say I'm really excited about it.

I'm a real bundle of joy I know :P