Gaming in 2016

Dodgyknees

I'm quite excited about gaming again and am wondering what we have for 2016?

Persona 5 is one (I think is out this coming year?), and also rumours of a Star Wars MMO too (although with no announcement that could come early 17).

What else are we looking to next year?

im hoping / waiting for the xbone to drop under £200, that and i'll probably have a good sniff around a steam machine but bottle buying one

assuming i do get an xbone im then after - uncharted, the division, FF15, no mans sky, quantum break, horizon, unravel, cuphead, firewatch, last guardian, persona 5, ghost recon

most excited for uncharted, expecting the division to be the big disappointment, no mans sky IMO will depend on the pricing, still looks like an indie game that everyone got excited about, not convinced its a £50 game

ni no kuni 2 being announced late this year means my biggest hope is already done, so now i guess its a new red dead, expecting shadow of mordor 2 to be announced, VR to get a huge push (which i couldnt care less about) interested in the PS now subscription service if thats priced right it could be great

• Like 1

P5 might well make it to the US before the end of the year - if it does it'll be Q4 - and as the PS4 is region free an import is an option. 

That's if it doesn't get a simultaneous EU release. Atlas still don't have an EU office, and all their games are released over here after the US as a result. Catherine on PS3 was something silly like 6 months later, but more recent releases like P4 Arena Ultimax and P4 Dancing All Night have only been a couple of months later. Long enough in my estimation, though, to potentially push the release into 2017.

The division - rainbow six siege shows that ubisoft can still do good things and the alpha feedback was positive 

Xcom: enemy uncharted 2 - the first is one of my favourite games  

Uncharted 4 - always a strong title 

No man's sky - if it delivers all that is promised will be incredible 

Red dead redemption 2 - fingers crossed 

2 hours ago, hogso said:

P5 might well make it to the US before the end of the year - if it does it'll be Q4 - and as the PS4 is region free an import is an option. 

That's if it doesn't get a simultaneous EU release. Atlas still don't have an EU office, and all their games are released over here after the US as a result. Catherine on PS3 was something silly like 6 months later, but more recent releases like P4 Arena Ultimax and P4 Dancing All Night have only been a couple of months later. Long enough in my estimation, though, to potentially push the release into 2017.

Is it not worth bypassing the US and just getting the Asian version from Play-Asia then?  The Asian region always tends to have an English language option on the disc as far as I'm aware. 

P5 definitely won't, it'll be 100% Japanese dub and sub. What is a concern (to some) is that P4G dropped the Japanese dub option that was previously available on the PS2 release of P4. P3FES did too. So we may get a Japanese dub, but the Japanese won't get English dub/subs. 

Unless Atlus do something drastic and unveil a simultaneous worldwide/JP&US release which is highly unlikely. They'll release it in JP, then get the English dub and subs done, then release it in US. 

I'll be doing what I usually do.

Buy loads of games for PC and console, get about 60-70% through each of them and then move onto the next one :D

I think Dark Souls 3 and Ni No Kuni 2 will be the main games i'm looking forward to, along with the next Warcaft expansion.

mafia 3 for me, ive been watching the news feed on it for months, i never played m2 but from watching gameplay and reviews it looked brill so there is no reason m3 wont be, hanger 13 havent stated when in 2016 its release, but seeing as the game is ready, im guessing april

This will be the year of my PC upgrade at last, things were so tight last year I've resorted to using my PS4 more as my graphics card is so damn old.

As well as a couple already mentioned (XCOM EU2, Uncharted 4), I'm really looking forward to the new Deus Ex, Dishonoured 2, and Kingdom Hearts 3. It's shaping up to be a much, much better year for games than 2015, which I think has been fairly lackluster. There's also some interesting original IP coming out, I'll be keeping a close eye on both Horizon Zero Dawn, and Overwatch.

On 12/29/2015 at 21:01, DK82 said:

and also rumours of a Star Wars MMO too

You're a few years behind, mate. ;)

5 hours ago, Davkaus said:

This will be the year of my PC upgrade at last, things were so tight last year I've resorted to using my PS4 more as my graphics card is so damn old.

As well as a couple already mentioned (XCOM EU2, Uncharted 4), I'm really looking forward to the new Deus Ex, Dishonoured 2, and Kingdom Hearts 3. It's shaping up to be a much, much better year for games than 2015, which I think has been fairly lackluster. There's also some interesting original IP coming out, I'll be keeping a close eye on both Horizon Zero Dawn, and Overwatch.

You're a few years behind, mate. ;)

I'm talking KOTOR type game. 

On 12/29/2015 at 21:37, villa4europe said:

im hoping / waiting for the xbone to drop under £200, that and i'll probably have a good sniff around a steam machine but bottle buying one

assuming i do get an xbone im then after - uncharted, the division, FF15, no mans sky, quantum break, horizon, unravel, cuphead, firewatch, last guardian, persona 5, ghost recon

most excited for uncharted, expecting the division to be the big disappointment

You're planning to get an X-Box and play Uncharted.

That might be a bit tricky!

Uncharted is Playstation only.