Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

I think there’s a biggy yet to come…

Keith Wyness tweeted about monitoring things closely right up until the deadline.  We’ve obviously had to go for a few plan B or even plan C signings, who knows – I’m guessing we started off pretty ambitious given how much we’ve spent.  I think a few of those plan A’s who either rejected us at first or their clubs weren’t selling at the time or who we just didn’t think would be available, could suddenly be available late on.

I’m under no illusions that the likes of Morrison and Henandez are omcing – they’ve burnt their bridges by the sound of things, but I do think there’s a good chance we might be in for a surprise!

If the Adama Adomah / Albert Traore stuff gets sorted out we are left with:

• Richards and Agbonlahor to ship out
  • a lack of depth of cover at CB (DeLaet?)
  • lack of quality in midfield (Gardner out - CM in isn't unthinkable)
  • lack of competition for Jack on the left wing (Ayew/McCormack/Green may well be options but a proper left winger would be nice)

Personally I'm happy to give Gollini time but I don't rate Bunn at all and seen little of Steer so wouldn't be against some depth here.

However after the summer we've had so far I think I'm starting to sound greedy!! Just every other year I've written what I'd like and what I think we should do very, very little has ever happened. This year nearly everything has and for the first time in a long time "we're giving it a right good go".

1 hour ago, hippo said:

Getting promoted is never a given. But RDM has been backed and has the players at his disposal to do the job. Its not an easy job and will get plaudits from me if he does it. - But equally he has to starting getting results pretty soon - there can be no fannying about, waiting for the team to 'gel' - there are teams in the championship assembled on almost zero resources who are winning games. 

I don't think Tony will tolerate excuses - He has kept his end of the deal with the money spent. Now RDM has to deliver the goods.

I love it when people state the obvious!

why use one word when a thousand will do?