Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

I'm not entirely sure to be honest I was just going by his recent goal form for the development squads and his appearances in the friendlies. From the little I've seen of him he seems like a little nippy striker, seems to wriggle about a lot to get his chances, he definitely wouldn't be a like-for-like alternative to Gestede. I'm sure Sir Gary Cahill, would be able to tell you a lot more.

There was an interview with the Tamworth assistant boss after we played them and he said that in all his players careers they've never and never will come up against a player as good as him. Obviously a lower level than what he'll face in the first team squad but encouraging words all the same.

10 minutes ago, villarocker said:

Talk of Jordan Rhodes being on the move. He's scored 37 in his last 88 Championship games. Would anybody be happy with him if Hernandez or any other target fell through?

Absolutely (depending on price).  He formed a great partnership with Gestede at Blackburn too - which is a nice bonus.

Richards apparently might go to Trabzonspor on loan also, would rather we just let him go for nothing as that sounds like a deal where we pay some of his wages!

would rather keep him if that is the case

Edited by VillanousOne

4 hours ago, Richard said:

Tony xia tweeted we weren't

yeah I saw someone post the tweet but correct me if im wrong and I could very well be but I would be surprised if Dr T was across every single player or agent our scouts/coaches have contacted.  All it would take is a casual call to the agent to see how Ravel was travelling which could have prompted him to act the way he has on twitter etc...    either that or he's bonkers

46 minutes ago, useless said:

The more I think about it, the more I wouldn't be surprised if we ended up signing Robson Kanu. Especially if our other targets fail to materialize and we're desperate towards the end of the window. I wouldn't be keen myself, but could surprise people.

Amazed no one has snapped him up after the Euros

was sure that one of the lower prem teams would have grabbed him. guess he wants alot of money now tho so that might put people off

4 minutes ago, Garvey13 said:

Amazed no one has snapped him up after the Euros

was sure that one of the lower prem teams would have grabbed him. guess he wants alot of money now tho so that might put people off

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3754262/Hal-Robson-Kanu-decide-club-wants-join-transfer-deadline-day-offers-England-Spain-Italy-France.html

Hal Robson-Kanu will choose new club on deadline day and has offers from England, Spain, Italy and France

• Hal Robson-Kanu is currently a free agent after leaving Reading
  • The 27-year-old attacker is on the lookout for his next club 
  • Robson-Kanu helped Wales to the Euro 2016 semi-finals 

Hal Robson-Kanu will decide which club he wants to join once transfer deadline day passes.

The 27-year-old, who is a free agent after leaving Championship club Reading, has offers from England, Spain, Italy and France. The United States is also a possibility.

The Wales winger is not short of attention after he helped his country to the semi-finals of the European Championship in the summer.

Hull City currently have just 13 fit first-team players and are understood to be among those to have offered him a contract.

The player, who is represented by his brother David Robson-Kanu, is also attracting attention from Middlesbrough, Burnley, Swansea City and Watford.

1 minute ago, Phumfeinz said:

No thanks to Robson-Kanu

You say that now but I think if xia posted it as Robson Kanu then the perceived opinion on here would be he is a world beater ! 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Richard said:

You say that now but I think if xia posted it as Robson Kanu then the perceived opinion on here would be he is a world beater ! 

I disagree.  If we end up with HRK then I think the overall sense would be 'underwhelming' and at best a decent backup to our main strikers.  I'd rather we not go for him though.

21 minutes ago, Marley the Bognor Villan said:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3754262/Hal-Robson-Kanu-decide-club-wants-join-transfer-deadline-day-offers-England-Spain-Italy-France.html

Hal Robson-Kanu will choose new club on deadline day and has offers from England, Spain, Italy and France

• Hal Robson-Kanu is currently a free agent after leaving Reading
  • The 27-year-old attacker is on the lookout for his next club 
  • Robson-Kanu helped Wales to the Euro 2016 semi-finals 

Hal Robson-Kanu will decide which club he wants to join once transfer deadline day passes.

The 27-year-old, who is a free agent after leaving Championship club Reading, has offers from England, Spain, Italy and France. The United States is also a possibility.

The Wales winger is not short of attention after he helped his country to the semi-finals of the European Championship in the summer.

Hull City currently have just 13 fit first-team players and are understood to be among those to have offered him a contract.

The player, who is represented by his brother David Robson-Kanu, is also attracting attention from Middlesbrough, Burnley, Swansea City and Watford.

Puzzled as to why this is in this thread. 

Atlético de Madrid were linked with Robson Kanu a few weeks back. Fans always talk up new signings, some of the things being said about Jedinak were over the top. Whilst I think he'll be a good signing, I saw comments like, if he'd have signed him last season we wouldn't have been relegated and all the other teams in the Championship will be jealous, pretty sue most of them could care less.

Edited by useless

2 hours ago, Jenko#4 said:

He was bought as a winger though from what I remember. He wasn't good enough as either a fullback or winger in the Premier League, but I think he could be in the Championship.

I remember he was wanting to emulate Lampard as a box to box midfielder... :wave: he's a funny lad. But could be useful in rotation in midfield throughout the season and as RB cover.