Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

Just now, Wainy316 said:

U21's although it did contain Ayew for some reason.

I stand corrected. Although, that is even more shocking....really starting to see the positives of this whole "relegated" situation.

Edited by carewjust4u

Don't know why people are trying to convince themselves that Murphy is wrong with his tweet. It's not as if those players are the only ones available  in the world, if the strikers he mentioned aren't going to happen then it probably follows that Xia was referring to someone else when he made 'world class number nine' tweet.

As an experiment one day I think we should all collude over private messages to spam this thread with some totally random player just to see if we can get the clueless papers to make up a story about us being interested in them. :lol:

Just now, Mantis said:

As an experiment one day I think we should all collude over private messages to spam this thread with some totally random player just to see if we can get the clueless papers to make up a story about us being interested in them. :lol:

We've done similar before! ;)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, useless said:

Don't know why people are trying to convince themselves that Murphy is wrong with his tweet. It's not as if those players are the only ones available  in the world, if the strikers he mentioned aren't going to happen then it probably follows that Xia was referring to someone else when he made 'world class number nine' tweet.

A sound principle worth adhering to most of the live-long day and you are probably right in this specific instance, but... the world ain't ALWAYS logical Mr. Useless.

Just now, Mantis said:

Aston Villa in shock loan move for Adnan Januzaj :D 

22 minutes ago, Rodders said:

I think Murphy is relatively back in the loop now after Lerner, so there's probably truth in that. But equally, could be being played by Xia and agents etc.

He definitely seems much more in the loop now.  I'm guessing that was partly down to Bevington while he was here.  I wouldn't rule out those players coming in but not surprised if there are stumbling blocks.

1 hour ago, dounavilla said:

Gollini

De Laet - Elphick - Chester - Amavi

Jedinak - Tishbola

Ayew - McCormack - Grealish

Hernandez

Does anyone else feel that had we bought in the likes of De Laet, Chester, Elphick, Jedinak, McCormack and Hernandez at the start of last season we would have stayed up?

• Like 1

Yedlin for me is much more limited, he's an excellent athlete but not much else. De Laet is a proven Championship player and I've no doubt he'll be excellent with us.

Just now, villarocker said:

Does anyone else feel that had we bought in the likes of De Laet, Chester, Elphick, Jedinak, McCormack and Hernandez at the start of last season we would have stayed up?

Bit hard to say at this point, give it 10 games then we can answer that

I like the way that when Nixon says we're in for Hernandez most believe him, but when Murphy says that it won't happen people try and convince themselves that he's wrong because he's got something wrong in the past. Pretty sure that Murphy has been a lot more reliable over the years on Villa news than Nixon. Also Xia himself at one point ruled out Hernandez. We'll just sign someone else.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, useless said:

I like the way that when Nixon says we're in for Hernandez most believe him, but when Murphy says that it won't happen people try and convince themselves that he's wrong because he's got something wrong in the past. Pretty sure that Murphy has been a lot more reliable over the years on Villa news than Nixon. Also Xia himself at one point ruled out Hernandez. We'll just sign someone else.

As I've said all along, in response to your absolute certainty, you could be right and you probably are, but... you could also be wrong. Unless you are Dr Tony Useless and then you are unquestionably right.

Edited by Lerner's Driver

4 minutes ago, useless said:

You seem desperate to convince people we won't be signing him. 

1 hour ago, TrentVilla said:

No doubt that we are trying on that front.

As I've been saying I think we'll get 4 more before end of the window seemingly the first one is done.

May or may not happen but I don't doubt for one minute how hard the club is trying this window.

It seems like RDM and his management team have identified all of the same problems that we fans have. It's nice to know we have management at the club who see what we see and are actively trying to redress the situation.

• Like 3