Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

13 minutes ago, Ponky said:

If it's announced at 5.05 I'm going to complain very persistently via Twitter until I get a response from the Dr.

You can probably wangle an invite to the directors box of you lay it on thick.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Wonkertonk said:

IF he does join Rangers, there is absolutely no chance that his wages will be covered. At the very most, £15-20K could be paid but Villa would have to cover the rest, I am sure of that (of course this is solely based on the thought that Lescott is refusing to take a significant wage drop).

Fair point. I was really hinting at the general symbolism of wasted wages being properly used as opposed to knowing the financial specifics of any deal involving lescott and his next club :D

1 hour ago, Richard said:

Michael I applaud you for taking a unique stance on certain players and holding an opinion that is not , shall we say, the majority view . Believe me as someone who is not adverse to taking a stance on an opinion which can be seen as being out there I really support your right to hold that view and take that stance,. I admire that in people.

however when your thoughts on certain players are so off beam I have to question , where the bloody hell are you coming from man?!!

Honestly Richard, I can say the same for 90% of the posts I read on Villa Talk. I read nearly every post on this board and 'other football' and agree in full with only a tiny percentage. I am trying to limit my posting because I haven't got the time to reply to 10 rebuttals for every post I make especially if I'm repeating the same points I've already made previously. Saying that though I have a huge amount of confidence in what I am putting forward. My opinions are not just plucked from mid air. I've watched and played different codes of football my whole life and have a strong interest in psychology and spirituality. You might not think that matters but it runs through everything including football. I try and combine all 3 aspects when I am forming an opinion. There is so much going on under the surface of everything that most people are not aware of. I like to think I can tap into some of that and put forward some opinions that may seem off centre at the time but have a good chance of being accurate as time goes by. People will then come to their own conclusions for "why" that happened. If people want to write my opinions off or take them on board that's entirely up to them. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Michael118 said:

Honestly Richard, I can say the same for 90% of the posts I read on Villa Talk. I read nearly every post on this board and 'other football' and agree in full with only a tiny percentage. I am trying to limit my posting because I haven't got the time to reply to 10 rebuttals for every post I make especially if I'm repeating the same points I've already made previously. Saying that though I have a huge amount of confidence in what I am putting forward. My opinions are not just plucked from mid air. I've watched and played different codes of football my whole life and have a strong interest in psychology and spirituality. You might not think that matters but it runs through everything including football. I try and combine all 3 aspects when I am forming an opinion. There is so much going on under the surface of everything that most people are not aware of. I like to think I can tap into some of that and put forward some opinions that may seem off centre at the time but have a good chance of being accurate as time goes by. People will then come to their own conclusions for "why" that happened. If people want to write my opinions off or take them on board that's entirely up to them. 

It's interesting as I doubt many people really agree or share the same opinion, even if they may seem like they do. What position a player should play, their strengths, mentality, how the players should shape up etc. 

Having posts that are bold and go against some perceived norms will help everyone check their own thinking and spark some interesting discussion. So I think it's a good thing. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BG_Villa_Fan said:

Explains why Elphick is playing at the top of the premier league while Clark is in the championship. Oh wait....

Clark - 134 premier league games at age 26. 
Elphick - 12 premier league games at age 28.

Let's hope Elphick will reach Clark's games for Villa and offer more than Clark has. 

Err! How long have Bournemouth been in the premier league compared to villa, if he'd have been in the pl as long as Clark and from the same age I'm sure he'd have had more . What you put is no comparison at all, as both haven't spent the same amount of time in the same league! 

Edited by nazvfc