Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

44 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

I have not seen this. Which reliable sources are you referring to?  I have seen only that he is staying.

there have been a few quotes from French articles and sources saying he wants to leave, not sure any of them are direct quotes.

What will please him more is when the deadwood is finally shifted from the training base.

Brad Guzan was due at Middlesbrough for a medical today so he should be the next out of the door following the departures of Jose Angel Crespo and Carles Gil.

Everton have met Idrissa Gana’s release clause while Carlos Sanchez is still attracting interest from a number of clubs.

A loan move for Jordan Veretout is likely and Villa will also listen to offers for Micah Richards, Joleon Lescott and Gabby Agbonlahor.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-boss-roberto-di-11677598?

31 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Shame to lose Gana and Veretout for me, they are far less deadwood in my eyes than Richards, Lescott, Gabby, Hutton, Sinclair etc.

I would have liked to have kept both Veretout and Gana. Personally I think Hutton has the right attitude and Sinclair can do a good job for us in the Championship. As for the rest its up the RDM to see if he can improve them and I am sure he will try. If not we might as well give them away assuming anyone would take them off us.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Harry said:

I would have liked to have kept both Veretout and Gana. Personally I think Hutton has the right attitude and Sinclair can do a good job for us in the Championship. As for the rest its up the RDM to see if he can improve them and I am sure he will try. If not we might as well give them away assuming anyone would take them off us.

Any potential homes for Richards and Gabby? I can't think of any! What size squad we going to have if we shift the "deadwood"?

13 minutes ago, robitee said:

Any potential homes for Richards and Gabby? I can't think of any! What size squad we going to have if we shift the "deadwood"?

A fat-man's carehome for Flabby, and the Adraino life for Richards.

Nice to actually have it in print that we are looking to offload gabby, lescott, richards - up until now this hasn't been made clear. Let's say we get rid of everyone else named in that article plus those who have gone - that would be 6 out, and if we can get someone to take the other 3 that would be the sort of squad overhaul we've been desperate for. still need some decent players in though. 

14 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Nice to actually have it in print that we are looking to offload gabby, lescott, richards - up until now this hasn't been made clear. Let's say we get rid of everyone else named in that article plus those who have gone - that would be 6 out, and if we can get someone to take the other 3 that would be the sort of squad overhaul we've been desperate for. still need some decent players in though. 

Hold up so newspapers don't make up bullshit transfer rumours just to sell papers now? B) 

8 minutes ago, praisedmambo said:

Hold up so newspapers don't make up bullshit transfer rumours just to sell papers now? B) 

Only for instances where we don't want the rumour to happen. Everything else that we want to happen is 100% legit :excl:

I don't make the rules.

Edited by It's Your Round
Typo

Unlike us, most other teams probably don't want do get rid of all their players. Meaning the closer the start of the season we get, the less willing will they be to part with them as it gets tougher and tougher to find a replacement, and less time to do so in.

1 month to go til the window closes, a week until the season starts. Squad is still shambles.

I really hope the club is getting desperate, they should be.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, sne said:

Unlike us, most other teams probably don't want do get rid of all their players. Meaning the closer the start of the season we get, the less willing will they be to part with them as it gets tougher and tougher to find a replacement, and less time to do so in.

It never ever happens that way though, at least not perceptibly. I don't have the statistical evidence to hand but I'm willing to bet a few quid to Acorns there is just as much business done in the last 5 weeks of the window as the first. 

I'm amazed we still have this debate. Every year. Meh.

• Like 1

Just now, dont_do_it_doug. said:

It never ever happens that way though, at least not perceptibly. I don't have the statistical evidence to hand but I'm willing to bet a few quid to Acorns there is just as much business done in the last 5 weeks of the window as the first. 

I'm amazed we still have this debate. Every year. Meh.

Oh I'm sure there is even more business near the end of the window as team get more desperate. No doubt the prices also go up towards the end. But hey it's not our money.

Leaving it til the last few days of the window is straight from the Lerner playbook, worked wonderful for us. 

1 minute ago, sne said:

Leaving it til the last few days of the window is straight from the Lerner playbook, worked wonderful for us. 

Look how many people move on transfer deadline day, it's not the Lerner playbook.. It's the football playbook.

1 minute ago, sne said:

Oh I'm sure there is even more business near the end of the window as team get more desperate. No doubt the prices also go up towards the end. But hey it's not our money.

Actually that was O'Neill. Lerner had very, very little to do with transfers outside of providing the budget. 

Perhaps RDM operates much like O'Neill. There are plenty of managers who leave it late, for whatever reason. It's frustrating for us I know, but it wouldn't be unprecedented or even remotely unusual.

Besides which, we have signed 3 players. 

4 minutes ago, sne said:

You think leaving signings late was our issue? We signed Benteke right at the end of a window. Timing certainly wasn't the main issue under Lerner. 

3 minutes ago, CarewsEyebrowDesigner said:

We'll lose more key players when PL teams hit the panic button at the end of the window. We better be prepared.

Do we have many players premiership teams will want?

• Like 1