Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

4 hours ago, tommybread said:

As proven by Leicester, it is always a good idea to have a few former Manchester United players so Norwood is a good shout. 

Sam Johnstone & will Keane are two that spring to mind Tyler Blackett maybe also. Can't wait for some positive speculation to start. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, thabucks said:

Sam Johnstone & will Keane are two that spring to mind Tyler Blackett maybe also. Can't wait for some positive speculation to start. 

Johnstone would be a decent pick...did well at PNE in goal last season and probably needs a permanent move away from Man. United now.

Blackett I thought was awful for them in his limited appearances and was also terrible for SHA on loan, Will Keane isn't up to much either, his brother is a better player. 

2 hours ago, ferguson1 said:

I'm not ITK one bit, but if it helps reassure people my Liverpool friend is adamant that they are after a young Leicester left back called Chilwell.  He thinks Amavi would only be considered, along with others, if they fail to land him.

He's a cracking player, that left back (Ben Chilwell is it?).  Saw him a few times on loan at a team in the Championship, looked a really good player.

2 hours ago, obanken said:

Football insider linking us to a 11 goal Ajax winger Anwar El Ghazi with Liverpool also interested. 21 years old. Not sure how good Football insider is as a source though..

http://www.insidefutbol.com/2016/06/04/liverpool-face-aston-villa-and-crystal-palace-opposition-for-ajax-talent/289045/

While Liverpool are said to be the favourites to land him and Palace can still offer him Premier League football, recently relegated Aston Villa are confident that they can lure El Ghazi to Villa, it has been claimed that the club’s new owners have a good relationship with super agent Jorge Mendes, who manages El Ghazi’s career. And despite their relegation to the Championship, the club could use the relationship to convince Mendes to take his client to the Midlands club this summer

Hmmmm ?! 

Edited by thabucks

59 minutes ago, bobzy said:

He's a cracking player, that left back (Ben Chilwell is it?).  Saw him a few times on loan at a team in the Championship, looked a really good player.

I seen him play the two FA cup games against Spurs and I didn't get the hype. Maybe if he develops physically he could be a top player as does look tidy on the ball.

2 hours ago, obanken said:

Football insider linking us to a 11 goal Ajax winger Anwar El Ghazi with Liverpool also interested. 21 years old. Not sure how good Football insider is as a source though..

They've just copied it from the Di Marzio piece.

29 minutes ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

If they pull that off then we know for sure that Tony Xia is the real deal.

Yes, but good relationship or not, it's extremely hard to believe he'd choose us over Liverpool or Palace. Unless we will be kidnapping some of his family members as collateral. 

21 minutes ago, Isa said:

They've just copied it from the Di Marzio piece.

Pretty reliable, is he not? 

Edit - seems unlikely we would attract a dutch international playing for Ajax who is also courted by premier league teams, but stranger things have happened. I guess.

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.

8 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Edit - seems unlikely we would attract a dutch international playing for Ajax who is also courted by premier league teams, but stranger things have happened. I guess.

Well we've already got Bacuna and he's world class so...

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, dn1982 said:

A close relationship with Jorge Mendes!!! Now that would be brilliant. 

If that happens I want us to sign Wallace from Monaco, purely for all The Wire based memes that will ensue.

12 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I think when West Ham wen't down, it was quite surprising that Fat Sam signed Kevin Nolan from Bolton. I know he managed him previously, but at that time he was at his peak and he dropped a division. They built their team around Nolan who was captain and it paid off.

It would be great if we re-signed Barry and made him Captain and also gave Petrov a player coach role, so both formed part of the club's spine. It would even be great if we re-signed Ashley Young, but I think at 30 he's got a few more years at top level left and he'll stick at Manure till they drag him out of the club.

wish Ian Taylor was ten years younger :)

Edited by VillanousOne

20 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Depends how much we're planning to pay him. We need at least one transfer to happen on our side to know just how much a change in owner has changed our buying policies. If we are that confident of getting promoted we could be signing players to Premier League wages even in the Championship, it's down to the player then if their pride will allow them to play in the small leagues. The fact we are going for El Ghazi if reports are true shows that we aren't letting a change of league inhibit who we are after.

19 minutes ago, dn1982 said:

A close relationship with Jorge Mendes!!! Now that would be brilliant. 

Ronaldo and Pepe be decent enough start. knowing Villa we be stuck with a finished Falcao

1 hour ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Yeah, he has a big reputation. Usually covers the goings-on at the big clubs. The bit about our board's involvement with Mendes was interesting. I think Di Marzio is connected with him as he gets scoops about a lot of his clients.

Mendes himself has visited China quite a bit recently. Possible he may be acquainted with Xia personally. 

1 hour ago, VillanousOne said:

wish Ian Taylor was ten years younger :)

I'm sure Ian does as well but that would still make him 38 years old so a bit long in the tooth for our midfield try 20 years younger. ;)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, thabucks said:

Johnstone is a cracking keeper, just needs the chance to play and he'll do great. Really needs to move on permanently and I'm sure a whole host of Championship clubs will be after him. Apparently wanted to stay at Preston, he is a Preston fan, but we didn't want to make it permanent and ended up calling him back from loan and just sitting him. Think he was quite upset with that. 

You'll do well to stay clear of Blackett. Can't get anywhere near Celtic's side and has been poor on all of his other loans. Was poor for our first team and was poor when he dropped back to the u21s. The only reason he ever got to play was because he is left footed. He has this false sense of calmness which makes him look good on the ball but really he is just unaware of his surroundings which leads to him losing the ball often and he always hoofs it up the field. Not the fastest and despite his size is often bullied by smaller players. Has always been criticized for his lack of concentration too. Lucky to be a League One player imo. 

Will Keane is a talented lad but he needs a team that play good football, that is why he struggled at Preston and why he'll struggle at a lot of Championship clubs. Too direct and physical for him. He came back from his loan and looked really sharp in our u21s, scoring 5 goals in 1 game. Got 10 goals and 2 assists in 8 games overall. Got his chance in the first team and after a few minutes injured himself hitting the post. Injuries have been a real concern for him. When he regains fitness he needs to get a run of games under his belt as he has ability he just needs to fully utilize it, he won't get that at Villa. Will likely have to drop down to League One, personally feel a move to the Eredivisie would be great for him, slower and less physical open game, but its not often you see English players preferring a move abroad. 

• Like 3