Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

6 hours ago, skarroki said:

Out of curiosity, with a fully fit squad, who would people pick from the players we currently have at the club whose contracts aren't about to expire? Trying to think of an 18 i think could keep us up in the championship and then build from there, replacing player by player 

Amavi, Gana, Veretout, Westwood, Ayew.

If necessary, Clark and Grealish.

Wouldn't shed a tear for any of the others leaving.

• Like 1

Just now, ozvillafan said:

Amavi, Gana, Veretout, Westwood, Ayew.

If necessary, Clark and Grealish.

Wouldn't shed a tear for any of the others leaving.

I agree with ozvilla fan..the rest of the clowns can go work at the new amusement park

12 hours ago, dn1982 said:

I hate that argument of people knowing what a strangers like but have judged them on a few incidents in their life! Joey Barton had issues mainly drink related but if you've listened to him in the last few years he's matured massively as a person and player. Football is littered with men who act like kids. As for the stamping he never got done for it and there's hundreds of players who've done worse. Anyway he's gone to Rangers so no point in going on. 

I will take any player who can improve our team. Even if I hate them for whatever reason I'd give them the chance to show what they've got. We need characters and leaders in our squad ASAP. 

lol.

5 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Anyone seen much of Will Grigg? Banged in a lot of goals at League 1 level and is a local lad.

I was thinking the same thing but didnt post as people might think I was mad but Villa fan and been on fire apparently some defences have been terrified.

Edited by midian
  • Like 1

Just now, midian said:

I was thinking the same thing but disnt post as people might think I was mad but Villa fan and been on fire apparently some defences have been terrified.

That SSN segment is starting to do my head in!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jonny-recession said:

What about Danny Ward of Liverpool as GK. Was on loan with Aberdeen last year. Highly thought of and has stated he wants to leave to progress. 

Don't know much about him but why not? We need to consider snapping up the best young talent around the leagues, either on loan or permanently.  Plenty out there and have done a list of some other suggestions:

Gk:  Christian Walton, Daniel Bentley, Danny Ward

Def:  Dominic Iorfa, Kortney Hause, Rico Henry, Jamaal Lascelles, Paddy McNair, Mason Holgate, Michael Hector, Liam Moore, Joe Gomez, Lewis Dunk.

Mid:  Anthony Knockaert, Tom Carroll, Nathan Redmond, Nathaniel Chalobah, Josh Vela, Teddy Bishop, Callum Camps, Moses Odubajo, Alex Mowatt, Bradley Dack, Will Hughes, Sheyi Ojo, Brandon Barker, Alex Iwobi, Rolando Aarons, Romaine Sawyers, Rubén Loftus-Cheek.

Str:  Cauley Woodrow, Zach Clough, Will Grigg, Patrick Bamford, Che Adams, Nakhi Wells, Joel Campbell, Moussa Dembele, Tom Bradshaw, Kemar Roofe.

Some of the above would only be possible on loan and some would be 'projects' but surely worth considering?  In addition, put some of the above against some experience (ie Artur Boruc, Marc Wilson, Damian Delaney, Barry, Osman, Morrison, Walters), then could have the makings of a decent side again.  This is without considering some of our own like Adama, Grealish etc. 

39 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Anyone seen much of Will Grigg? Banged in a lot of goals at League 1 level and is a local lad.

Classic slow starter in football, but a great finisher and working his way up nicely.  I don't think he's made an immediate impact at any of his clubs (could be wrong here?) but, after settling in, he does seem to bang goals in.

Downside - Wigan's top scorer in their title winning season, so guessing he wouldn't be cheap at all.  Just checked and he's only 24 too.  Hmmmm...

18 hours ago, av1 said:

No, its just that prostitutes from Sunderland aren't up to much. 

strange_dressed_people_21.jpg

Charlotte from Geordie Shore? Makeup!

3 hours ago, midian said:

I was thinking the same thing but didnt post as people might think I was mad but Villa fan and been on fire apparently some defences have been terrified.

I mentioned him before but a few people have said he wouldn't score in Championship!!

His chant to the old 1997 Italiano dance track:- "Gala - Freed From Desire" is ace

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtaYjIkqS1A

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

No pace. He's not even proven in the championship as MK Franchise and Brentford both had him at that level and moved him on pretty quickly. 

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

obviously fake, Wigan dont have that many fans

They actually had some decent away followings in league one this year....took 1.5k to Walsall and also had over 2k at Blackpool a few weeks ago.

Amusing when you think how few fans they had in the prem but probably prefer it at lower level where they can win more games. 

4 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

No pace. He's not even proven in the championship as MK Franchise and Brentford both had him at that level and moved him on pretty quickly. 

Was on loan at MK Dons and they wanted to buy him at end of loan but Wigan outbid them.  So he never actually played at that level for MK Dons

Edited by Villan4Life

5 hours ago, jonny-recession said:

What about Danny Ward of Liverpool as GK. Was on loan with Aberdeen last year. Highly thought of and has stated he wants to leave to progress. 

I keep saying this but what about the Kalinic fella we tried to sign? Would it be more, or less difficult to get it done in the championship. I also find it funny how Guzan is now US number 1. Either they are really crap, or we proper destroy players here.

A lot has been said about paying around £10mil for players but has anyone ever looked at the record fees for teams buying players in the Championship?

1. Andre Gray - £9.3mil
  2. Jordan Rhodes - £8.9mil
  3. Ross McCormack £8.9mil
  4. Jordan Rhodes £7.6mil
  5. Bradley Johnson - £6mil

Those are the all time top 5 transfers (granted, two of them are the same player!). We wouldn't be looking at signing 5 Andre Gray type signings. Maybe two at most? After that we could make at least a further five signings of a really high standard. If the new boss gets £50mil we'll be absolutely cushty this season.

6 hours ago, jonny-recession said:

I keep saying this but what about the Kalinic fella we tried to sign? Would it be more, or less difficult to get it done in the championship. I also find it funny how Guzan is now US number 1. Either they are really crap, or we proper destroy players here.

On top of that, I really reckon keeping our best players, would be the best business we could do, we would be looking very healthy indeed. If we could keep them, and indeed do 5 of those top type transfers you speak of, then why not? Upon hopeful promotion to the premiership, some of those better players become squad players, and so on.

4 hours ago, ferguson1 said:

Don't know much about him but why not? We need to consider snapping up the best young talent around the leagues, either on loan or permanently.  Plenty out there and have done a list of some other suggestions:

Gk:  Christian Walton, Daniel Bentley, Danny Ward

Def:  Dominic Iorfa, Kortney Hause, Rico Henry, Jamaal Lascelles, Paddy McNair, Mason Holgate, Michael Hector, Liam Moore, Joe Gomez, Lewis Dunk.

Mid:  Anthony Knockaert, Tom Carroll, Nathan Redmond, Nathaniel Chalobah, Josh Vela, Teddy Bishop, Callum Camps, Moses Odubajo, Alex Mowatt, Bradley Dack, Will Hughes, Sheyi Ojo, Brandon Barker, Alex Iwobi, Rolando Aarons, Romaine Sawyers, Rubén Loftus-Cheek.

Str:  Cauley Woodrow, Zach Clough, Will Grigg, Patrick Bamford, Che Adams, Nakhi Wells, Joel Campbell, Moussa Dembele, Tom Bradshaw, Kemar Roofe.

Some of the above would only be possible on loan and some would be 'projects' but surely worth considering?  In addition, put some of the above against some experience (ie Artur Boruc, Marc Wilson, Damian Delaney, Barry, Osman, Morrison, Walters), then could have the makings of a decent side again.  This is without considering some of our own like Adama, Grealish etc. 

Great shouts in this, but a couple players are definitely off that list which we have no chance of signing unfortunately.

Joe Gomez is highly touted at Liverpool and he's just coming off an ACL injury. They will keep him. Redmond won't want to play in the championship, a lower Prem team will surely sign him. Sheyi Ojo, same as Joe Gomez apart from injuries, we could maybe get him on loan, but that's it. Dembele is being linked to a lot of top Prem teams, so safe to say he is off the charts.

I would definitely try to sign Loftus-Cheek, isn't getting much game time at Chelsea and with another new manager coming in, Conte might want to sign his own midfielders. Still a stretch though.