Pre-match thread

Arj Guy

Just now, PaulC said:

Yes a point is the minimum requirement really. I don't see us winning there though. 

3 points is the minimum requirement IMO, draws are no good now

2 hours ago, AvfcTheObsession said:

1 win there in the last 15 years, ouch! That needs to change on Sat.

I'm constantly amazed about how many teams we play and the stats say "XXXX has more points against Villa than any other team in the league" or "Villa have not won there in XXXX seasons" etc etc.  Its more and more teams

• Like 1

The main hope I have for this game is Newcastle are fairly similar to us, big club, woefully mismanaged and misfiring, bad owners etc. And if we were in their position, just out of the bottom 3, a couple of really good results against good teams, confidence growing, and about to play the team dead bottom without a win since the opening day you just know we'd lose and come crashing down to earth. Therefore, we will win

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, weedman said:

The main hope I have for this game is Newcastle are fairly similar to us, big club, woefully mismanaged and misfiring, bad owners etc. And if we were in their position, just out of the bottom 3, a couple of really good results against good teams, confidence growing, and about to play the team dead bottom without a win since the opening day you just know we'd lose and come crashing down to earth. Therefore, they will win

fixed

1 hour ago, Richard said:

I'm constantly amazed about how many teams we play and the stats say "XXXX has more points against Villa than any other team in the league" or "Villa have not won there in XXXX seasons" etc etc.  Its more and more teams

Me too. These stats are so endless that you wonder how we have managed to stay up for the last five years. Mainly by beating Liverpool at Anfield, it seems to me. 

• Like 1

All season long I've allowed myself to get optimistic before a match, convincing myself that this will be the result where we turn the corner, and then Saturday comes.

This is the first game this season where I think we have no chance. For me we are definitely going to be relegated, and it's a simple case of lack of quality. I can see Newcastle scoring a few.

For this game I would line up with:

Guzan

Richards Okore Lescott Bacuna (only because I'm not sure how Okore would do on the left-hand side of the central defensive partnership)

Sanchez Gana

Adama Veretout Ayew

Gestede

Guzan 

Hutton   Richards   Okore   Bacuna

Westwood    Gana

Veretout        Gil       Grealish

Ayew

Edited by KJT123

kidreaction.gif

Sanchez reaction when Wijnaldum walks past him

Were at the stage now where drawing games will be like a defeat

Win our next 4 and we put ourselves with a chance of staying up i doubt we will win one of the next 4 though tbh

Remember going there with McDonald in charge ,and feeling a tad optimistic , all of a sudden Carew misses niot just the net but the whole bloody stadium  and we get the proverbial stuffing . You could say , that was the beginning of what we are seeing today .

• Like 3

-----------------------------G-Man---------------------

--Lisa Maffia-----Romeo----Oxide----Neutrino--

----------------Skat D-------------Swiss--------------

--------Harvey---------MAC--------Face------------

------------------------Asher D-----------------------

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

-----------------------------G-Man---------------------

--Lisa Maffia-----Romeo----Oxide----Neutrino--

----------------Skat D-------------Swiss--------------

--------Harvey---------MAC--------Face------------

------------------------Asher D-----------------------

Looks solid, but I worry with so much garage we may end up parking the bus.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, a m ole said:

Looks solid, but I worry with so much garage we may end up parking the bus.

I'm predicting a late winner, but I don't want to make any specific predictions about how long before the final whistle it will be scored. 

• Like 1