How Much Do You Drink?

maqroll

How Much Do You Drink?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. How Many Alcoholic Beverages Do You Consume in an Average Week?

• 1-5
    • 6-10
    • 11-15
    • 16-20
    • 21-30
    • 31-40
    • Over 40
    • NONE

I don't drink a lot these days but when I do its always a pretty good session, tonight I have had 6 jagerbombs (I hate the **** things) about 8 cans of stella half a bottle of smirnof ice irn bru and 3/4 a bottle of rum...oh and I sliced my thumb open on a ham as well, think it might need stitches if it don't stop bleeding by tomorrow I'll have it looked at.

Before this week I was drinking like a normal person 

Bit dramatic there, Snowy.

Nobody seems to be judging anyone?

(Except me judging myself, maybe) :)

But as a curiosity, the poll gives me (and perhaps others) a sense of what the lay of the drinking land is on VillaTalk; not sure what the problem with that is. 

Bit dramatic there, Snowy.

Nobody seems to be judging anyone?

(Except me judging myself, maybe) [emoji4]

But as a curiosity, the poll gives me (and perhaps others) a sense of what the lay of the drinking land is on VillaTalk; not sure what the problem with that is. 

It's certainly interesting. Post like Leemond's (above) beggar belief.

i drank a full bottle of jd on boxing day which did me no good. i was not going  bother to but i gave in and cracked it open about half 7 at night. no word of a lie i woke up at 7 in the morning with baby lotion all over the bed and a cucumber next to the bed on the floor :D i'll leave you lot to work out what happend. then we had some bad news about 9 ish and it sobered us up. xmas eve i had half a bottle of vodka but i was in bed for 11 so i was ok xmas morning. going to give the body a break for a bit i think.

Edited by Rugeley Villa

Had to do a drinks diary a few months back. I'd have two nights a week of a few pints, and then two nights a month when I'd drink my months worth of units each time. On reflection it was a bit excessive, but it just creeps up on you.

I'm off the sauce for a few months now, since August. Will stay dry until around March - will see how it goes.

11 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Ruge you crack me up... How's many times have you said you're knocking it on the head and then come out with a story like that... 

i know mate im so weak. after having terrible anxiety from a session last tuesday i said i was going dry for a bit then on the thursday which was xmas eve we went up her sisters and her fella loves vodka and the moment we walk in he says ' you want a vodka chris' and without hesitation i said yes please mate. my missus just laughed and said i thought you were knocking it on the head for a bit. there was 2 or 3 drinking up there so i felt i had too but then it started me off for the night, then boxing day i stayed off it all day but because the missus and her two mates started then i felt i had too. hopefully i'll get there one day.

• Like 1

Not directly a comment on or advice for you Ruge. Just bouncing off something you've said.

Mentioning that you felt you had to drink on a couple of occasions because others were drinking. I managed to get over that bit of a social problem really early on. Realised that drinking to fit in wasn't really quite as cool as I'd thought it would be and I actually felt better about myself when I did my own thing. I say I 'realised' this like it was my idea, I actually got myself a girlfriend from outside my usual little social circle and she straightened me out. The advice wasn't 'give up booze and saturday night fighting, it was cleverer than that, it was 'kick against the pricks', you'll be cooler. She got me.

Saying that, I am aware I'm quite boring now. Football tonight, I might have a beer in the clubhouse, but I'll probably have a mug of tea and a chunky kitkat.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

i drank a full bottle of jd on boxing day which did me no good. i was not going  bother to but i gave in and cracked it open about half 7 at night. no word of a lie i woke up at 7 in the morning with baby lotion all over the bed and a cucumber next to the bed on the floor :D i'll leave you lot to work out what happend. then we had some bad news about 9 ish and it sobered us up. xmas eve i had half a bottle of vodka but i was in bed for 11 so i was ok xmas morning. going to give the body a break for a bit i think.

You drank so much you went back in time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

Not directly a comment on or advice for you Ruge. Just bouncing off something you've said.

Mentioning that you felt you had to drink on a couple of occasions because others were drinking. I managed to get over that bit of a social problem really early on. Realised that drinking to fit in wasn't really quite as cool as I'd thought it would be and I actually felt better about myself when I did my own thing. I say I 'realised' this like it was my idea, I actually got myself a girlfriend from outside my usual little social circle and she straightened me out. The advice wasn't 'give up booze and saturday night fighting, it was cleverer than that, it was 'kick against the pricks', you'll be cooler. She got me.

Saying that, I am aware I'm quite boring now. Football tonight, I might have a beer in the clubhouse, but I'll probably have a mug of tea and a chunky kitkat.

i think its a confidence issue on feeling comfortable in social gatherings without a drink. im much more at ease with a drink in my hand although i wish i could be more normal. there is definitely a boring side to me and i love being boring tbf but im hitting the session too many times for my liking again at the moment. im a million miles away from what i used to be like but im not the finished article yet but i will get there. 

I need to cut back on the beer in the new year, bloating me up big time. 

Either need to give up booze full stop for a while or stick to spirits

3 minutes ago, dAVe80 said:

I'm going to try and drink more in January than I did in December. 

Never mind dryathlon, Dave's doing a wetathlon!

• Like 1