How Much Do You Drink?

maqroll

How Much Do You Drink?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. How Many Alcoholic Beverages Do You Consume in an Average Week?

• 1-5
    • 6-10
    • 11-15
    • 16-20
    • 21-30
    • 31-40
    • Over 40
    • NONE

4 minutes ago, PongRiddims said: Any of you keen on Brewdog beers?

Punk IPA is a flowery do. Nice enough ale. Quite like the This Is Lager too. 

I've tried Punk and enjoyed it, I've also tried a few and they've been revolting, they come across (to me) as an anarchist CAMRA group, making beers out of nettles and unicorn tears but at 15% so it's ok. I wish I liked their beer more.

I feel lousy the next day if I drink in the week, so only drink at weekends. At the moment probably 6-8 beers over the weekend at home. Maybe 3 or 4 times this year I've gone out and done the binge drinking thing.

I drink less now than I ever have done. I feel much better for it, but I do still like a few real beers now and then and always will. Tipsy is my favourite state of being.

17 hours ago, mjmooney said:

This is the style I cannot imagine doing. Either the dry days, or the crazy quantity in the binges. 10 pints and shorts would make me really, really ill. Out of interest, are you a big bloke? I often wonder whether that affects how much you can put away. 

Not especially, I'm 5 ft 10, around 11 stone, go to the gym often and play football so am in pretty good shape. I just have a insane capacity to drink, it does shock me, even my hang overs after drinking that much aren't too terrible, the only thing that gets me is that my sleep patterns are screwed for a good 5 days after a heavy session, plus depression and palpitations kick in. 

10 hours ago, PongRiddims said:

I've tried Punk and enjoyed it, I've also tried a few and they've been revolting, they come across (to me) as an anarchist CAMRA group, making beers out of nettles and unicorn tears but at 15% so it's ok. I wish I liked their beer more.

I like quite a few, jack hammer is possibly my favourite of the regular ones. A shop by me was stocking some Tactical nuclear penguin but at £40+ a bottle, it could be an expensive novelty if it wasn't very nice.

i had 4 cans of lager on way home from work yesterday then went the pub straight from work and had 6 pints of dark fruits. on the way home i grabbed another four cans of lager. went to bed about half 12 and got up at half 8 even though saturdays are my lie in if i want it, but i just can lie in much these days even after a load of drink. when i drink for about 3 or 4 days after i feel groggy and a bit down and wonder why i bother. dont drink as much as i used to and i rarely touch top shelf these days as before when i was single i lived on top shelf. cant handle it like i used to but thats down to having kids to look after the following day but a few years ago id have a midweek session then id be in the pub all friday afternoon until the early hours and straight down the pub saturday morning, sometimes even at 10 o'clock in spoons and would stay out all day and night. sundays were to recover, i would sometimes go out if i had cash left but it was always risky with work being the next day. my life would be better without alcohol though definitely. i cant just do a couple of pints which is a shame.

11 hours ago, PongRiddims said:

Yeah, I've been to the Brew Dog bar in Newcastle, saw the full selection, and noted that the ridiculously strong stuff would set you back about £15 a pint. No way I'm paying that!

13 hours ago, PongRiddims said:

Any of you keen on Brewdog beers?

Find the ones I have tried a bit meh. Decent but not worth a special visit to the Brewdog pub for me

• Like 1

11 hours ago, PompeyVillan said:

Oakham citra, Purity ubu , Timothy Taylor landlord, Wye Valley Butty Bach, Oxford Gold...

Some good choices. Add in Sharp's Doombar, Purity Gold & Purity Mad Goose and you pretty much have my favourite current ales

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Xela said:

Some good choices. Add in Sharp's Doombar, Purity Gold & Purity Mad Goose and you pretty much have my favourite current ales

Never sold on Doombar. I'll drink it, it's decent, but not a patch on something like Ubu. Gold and Mad Goose are lovely, and still way above most beers, but they're still nowhere near an Ubu for me. It's the only one I take a drink and it knocks me back each time just how nice it is.

1 hour ago, Rugeley Villa said:

dont think ive ever tried proper ales. does newcastle brown ale count? i dont mind that but its got to be really cold otherwise its horrible.

No. Really, no.

Make a note of the ones on Xela's, Pompey's and my list, and look for them on your next pub visit. Please :)

You generally can't go wrong with any midlands micro-brewery. Wye Valley, Purity, Enville, Bathams, Malvern Hills. All top quality stuff.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Xela said: Some good choices. Add in Sharp's Doombar, Purity Gold & Purity Mad Goose and you pretty much have my favourite current ales

Never sold on Doombar. I'll drink it, it's decent, but not a patch on something like Ubu. Gold and Mad Goose are lovely, and still way above most beers, but they're still nowhere near an Ubu for me. It's the only one I take a drink and it knocks me back each time just how nice it is.

1 hour ago, Rugeley Villa said: dont think ive ever tried proper ales. does newcastle brown ale count? i dont mind that but its got to be really cold otherwise its horrible.

No. Really, no.

Make a note of the ones on Xela's, Pompey's and my list, and look for them on your next pub visit. Please [emoji4]

You generally can't go wrong with any midlands micro-brewery. Wye Valley, Purity, Enville, Bathams, Malvern Hills. All top quality stuff.

Sadlers too, they have a cracking stout

21 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

dont think ive ever tried proper ales. does newcastle brown ale count? i dont mind that but its got to be really cold otherwise its horrible.

Newcastle is **** swill

• Like 1

I like Purity Gold too, and most badger stuff especially Golden Glory.

Got another beer advent calendar this year and so far they're all new to me.

Too much this week!

Since Tuesday I think I've had (hazy memories):

About 10 pints, 10-12 double gins, 3 double whiskies, 6 assorted cocktials and at least a couple of jaeger bombs.

Ribena today!