limpid

2 minutes ago, DK82 said:

What's the story of the half?

Scrappy first 10, ball hardly touched the floor. We started to get a foothold and took most the possession, playing well but not incisive. A few misplaced passes and lapses of concentration creeped in and they scored from a fortunate fall of the ball. We looked very fragile for a few mins with Guzan making 2 crucial saves but we really stepped it up and played to our game plan, getting shots in at Gomez and attacking their fullbacks, which won us a free kick. Richards scored a brilliant header despite being just offside. Didn't take the foot off the gas for the last 5.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, supernova26 said:

Hope they  don't just think that's it in the second half. We need to win.

Lucky with the goal because it was a mile offside. We've been the best team by miles though, for a change.

haha

2 minutes ago, DK82 said:

What's the story of the half?

Played on the front foot and looked positive. We were doing all the attacking, and Watford scored against the run of play. Heads didn't drop though, and we've kept at it. Ayew should have scored, and we've had a few other good chances. Watford might have doubled their lead though, when Sanchez gave the ball away, but Guzan made a great save. Our goal came from a free kick. Veretout put the ball in from the right hand side of the box, and Richards was first to it, for a powerful header to the keeper's left. Was possibly offside, but who cares?!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

I think we're playing some fantastic football here.

Agreed. Can't believe people are saying we've played badly. One fluke goal, and som sanchez moments from our midfield players.  Other then that they've created very little, if nothing. We've been in controll for most of the game and created quite few chances and half chances. We got shit home support, groaning and moaning for every little thing that's not perfect.
I understand peoples frustration, but it's so damned counterproductive.

Just now, Hanky said: We've been just awful at the back defending. They look like scoring every time they go forward. 

No they don't. I think that's your nerves talking.

They've looked like scoring once, and Guzan made a very good save.

I'd argue they didn't even look like scoring when they actually scored. It was a lucky bounce to fall for Ighalo

Guzan has made two top saves blocking their shots. We've dominated the last 15 minutes but we look very shaky back there.

• Like 1

We need to stop with the backwards passing

It puts more pressure on our defence i know sometimes you have to go backwards to keep possession but i'd rather us pump the ball forward just to take the pressure off them a little

Just now, AshVilla said:

We need to stop with the backwards passing

It puts more pressure on our defence i know sometimes you have to go backwards to keep possession but i'd rather us pump the ball forward just to take the pressure off them a little

It would be ok for most sides but Richardson and Clark just aren't good enough on the ball to cope with it.

A draw is not good enough here

We simply have to win 3 points or bust i'd count a draw as a bust would be just like losing tbh especially going into games against Southampton and Arsenal we need maximum points from our winnable games to stay up

Edited by AshVilla
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, villianusa said:

Ayew and Sinclair out wide, and bring Gestede on for Gil around the 60 minute mark, unless he starts to deliver. His first touch is mainly taking him away from goal, tight on the right hand side. Not really influencing the game today.

Yeah I'd agree with that. Gil the least effective of the front 3 in the first half. Other option would be bring on Adama/Bacuna for one of the midfield 3 and have them on the right to allow Gil to play more central where he can be more effective.

But for now it's keep it the same and see if we can continue where we left off the first half.