2016 Holiday Plans

Xela

Birmingham on 23-2 jan. Can't wait!

People are recommending sitting upstairs on the 11C for the entire trip.

A trip to something called "Aldi" and to go clothes shopping in "The Sports Direct".

Any other tips?

Well Britain is very famous for its football culture but I wouldn't advise taking in a live game in that particular city.

Australia and New Zealand in Feb. 

A week in a Chateau in Bordeaux in July.

Possible Vancouver or Mozambique trip later in the year. 

Solomon Islands (and surrounding) some time around Christmas.

After concluding an 8 year relationship earlier this year with someone whose idea of a holiday was reading a book, sitting in a cottage in West Wales for two weeks, I'm glad to get my travelling boots back on.

• Like 1

On November 25, 2015 12:08:07 PM, villa4europe said:

did that this year, was brilliant, i did ottawa and quebec too and probably a little too much travelling in the end

That is my fear with this. To much travel and not enough time to take it easy and let it all sink in but I can always come back if there is anything I must visit a second time.

yeah that was my plan, from what i did there are at least 3 two week holidays, ottawa, quebec, montreal despite being the majority of the travelling are places id probably never go back to

toronto, niagra falls and then up to kingston along the thousand islands is good

calgary was really disappointing, absolute ghost town, banff is good, lake louise is nice, theres **** all in canmore and kamloops but the scenary is ace on the drive and the area is full of wildlife (thats where i saw bears, elk, etc) id happily do more time in jasper etc or drive south to the wine valleys in osoyoos

whistler is full of yuppies but still good for a couple of days, vancouver is really nice, victoria i did for the day and was hard work for what it was

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ghost said:

Backpacking Vietnam and Cambodia (and maybe Thailand) in February next year for a month.
First solo travel as well so really looking forward to it. Any tips/advice welcome! 

one piece of advice ... don't backpack  , you'll turn into one of them and be wearing a vest and beads in your hair before you even know it

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Ghost said:

Backpacking Vietnam and Cambodia (and maybe Thailand) in February next year for a month.
First solo travel as well so really looking forward to it. Any tips/advice welcome! 

Add Laos to the list...earlier this year went backpacking for 3 weeks in Laos, Vietnam and Cambodia, then a few days in Thailand at the end. Laos is seriously good, especially the hill tribes around Luang Prabang. Also highly recommend Sapa in North Vietnam. 

• Like 1

Been thinking the last few days and decided to go away on my own for a euro trip next year. Probably Zurich and Liechtenstein for 3 nights. 

3 hours ago, Xela said:

Been thinking the last few days and decided to go away on my own for a euro trip next year. Probably Zurich and Liechtenstein for 3 nights. 

I looked at doing this trip earlier this year as I had a spare weekend , ( went somewhere else in the end )  .... looked as thought you could get a train straight from the airport to Sargans and then take a bus to Vaduz

booked my flight to go back to philippines for end of month. Not really a holiday or moving there. Just inbetween. Hopefully will take mini-trips around the country and see SK/Japan at some point. First time i wont be in england for NYE :o

Edited by gharperr

On 30 November 2015 at 13:22, choffer said:

Australia and New Zealand in Feb. 

A week in a Chateau in Bordeaux in July.

Possible Vancouver or Mozambique trip later in the year. 

Solomon Islands (and surrounding) some time around Christmas.

After concluding an 8 year relationship earlier this year with someone whose idea of a holiday was reading a book, sitting in a cottage in West Wales for two weeks, I'm glad to get my travelling boots back on.

Good stuff mate.

I've gone the other way. When I was with my now ex, I visited a huge number of fantastic places, but now I'm single again, I'll probably just go to some of my old favourites where I know I can get a good lads' holiday in. 

Â