The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

I wish Nigel Pearson would hurry up and get job so he can show everyone that he's not actually a very football manager. He's achieved less in the game than countless managers we've already sacked for not being good enough.

• Like 2

I like Garde and think he'll be a good manager in the long term.

I don't think he has much faith in this set of players, and certainly not in defence which he is likely to build on first.  I have no problem with this at all - we should give the man what he wants (within reason).

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Kingman said:

Should go all out and get either Moyes or Rodgers in till the end of the season.

£5m bonus for staying up.

That would be money down the drain.

Not the bonus, the money we'd have to pay Garde to go so early coupled with the wages we'd have to pay either of those to come here for 6 months.

7 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

That would be money down the drain.

Not the bonus, the money we'd have to pay Garde to go so early coupled with the wages we'd have to pay either of those to come here for 6 months.

Will be peanuts compared to the couple hundred million we are about to lose with new tv deal.

Should go all out and get either Moyes or Rodgers in till the end of the season.

Just now, Kingman said:

Will be peanuts compared to the couple hundred million we are about to lose with new tv deal.

But we'll miss out anyway. That's my point.

We're not staying up now. Rodgers or Moyes won't keep us up. So we'd be pissing money up the wall to get them in for no benefit.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Kingman said:

I agree with stevo regarding the spend. Also even bringing in Moyes or Rogers is no guarantee of staying up either. Both were ridiculously poor in their last jobs and quite rightly were removed eventually. Rogers is not the sort of manager to sort out a defence either, he squandered a huge chunk of money and got nowhere in the process. I wouldn't touch either of them at the moment tbh and I am sure they wouldn't touch us.

We need to give Garde the rest of the season now imo. If there is enough improvement in the team before the end of the season with a couple of his own additions, and he starts offloading or reducing opportunities for those that either, a) under perform or b) are just not working hard enough then I would possibly let him plan for next season. If not then we need to start looking to replace him as soon as the season is done unless he walks.

Anyone thinking the likes of Pearson can sort us out in my opinion are clutching at straws. Lambert did a better job at Norwich and look what happened with him working under the current regime. Plus as think has already been mentioned, the baggage he brings with his attitude would be worse and more damaging than having Roy Keane in charge with this group of players.

Lastly anyone thinking Warnock or Redknapp are viable managerial options at this club ... Make an appointment at the doctors as you coming down with something.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Wait, do people actually think that if we got in Guardiola or Ancelotti they'd be able to somehow keep us up?

I don't think they would have not with the jokers we have in our team

First time poster, so Hello to all.

For what it's worth, I think we should stick with Garde, dont think he has done anything to warrant getting sacked now, need to give him time and see what he can do with his own players

We need to start preparing for life in the Championship unfortunately. I had hope up to the Sunderland game, now I cant see any way back.

What hurts the most is the manner in which we will go down, with no fight or spirit. Sad times

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, piav_k4 said:

I haven't lost faith in Garde yet, though I can understand why some have.

He needs a group of players that want to play for him as this lot don't seem to be.

That's his job though isn't it? To get players to play for him, it's the same with all managers and in the top flight they get millions of pounds to do it. Barely anybody looks remotely interested in playing for Garde which tells me he is doing something wrong

Garde has been a poor appointment. To have a win ratio of zero after 8 games is shocking. 

When he took over, we still had an opportunity to get out of this mess, but in fact its just got worse. To not be able to muster a single victory is really poor and any capable manager should have been able to scrape at least through one victory.

He has made mistakes as well - the horrendous lineup against Norwich, just to take an example.

16 hours ago, Neil said:

I don't mean to sound blunt.  But if this is not the minimum expectation, then what the **** did we replace Sherwood for?

Timescales Neil, timescales!!!

At the time of Garde's appointment the whole set-up was in complete disarray. The squad that was assembled under Fox and Sherwood was inadequate and dramatically unbalanced. There appeared no overarching philosophy, no purpose and no passion.  My expectation was that a new manager would have to start again from the bottom - completely overhauling the squad to get a balanced and consistent base to move us forward

This is not a decent group of players who just needed a plan and little fine tuning - our current squad is a mismatched disaster.  Anyone hoping that Garde could just sprinkle a little fairy dust and all of a sudden we would shoot up the table was fooling themselves.  Our redemption will take three or four transfer windows to sort out - and that is assuming that the brains trust that run the circus make a few decent decisions so I'm not holding my breathe

For me our demise was assured the moment we appointed Sherwood and this appointment also signalled to me that Fox and co had no idea what they were doing. Our Premiership future was lost during the summer transfer window.  My hope is that Fox will now keep his distance from the transfer dealings and leave the majority of decisions to Garde.

Do I think that Garde is the right man for the job? Probably not but he is the man in place and without some consistency and continutity of purpose we can't hope to regain our PRemiership place. We can't keep replacing managers every 20 games. Garde has been here 9 games - did we really think that all the problems of the last six years could be sorted in a couple of months

Buckle up, it's going to be a long, bumpy and eventful ride

• Like 3

Â