Pre Match Thread

maqroll

Seriously Ive just seen the sky pictures of the squad at the international train station about to head down to London!

Surely Learner could have saved a bit more money by getting them to lift share in in his Citroen Picasso and get the rest to thumb it?

Lol are they seriously catching the train? We are becoming the laughing stock of the league, wait till twitter gets hold of this 

Going loco: The City players wait to board their train to London at Stockport station, with something on Carlos Tevez's phone offering a welcome distraction

Look at these losers!

• Like 2

Seriously Ive just seen the sky pictures of the squad at the international train station about to head down to London!

Surely Learner could have saved a bit more money by getting them to lift share in in his Citroen Picasso and get the rest to thumb it?

Lol are they seriously catching the train? We are becoming the laughing stock of the league, wait till twitter gets hold of this 

Going loco: The City players wait to board their train to London at Stockport station, with something on Carlos Tevez's phone offering a welcome distraction

Look at these losers!

When you're top of the league its soo much cooler :)

I suppose it's because of the fog so maybe not such a bad idea to travel by train

Edited by supermon

Wasn't that game where McLeish debuted his Dutch masterclass of playing 6 defenders and Heskey as trequarista on a Monday night?

That was the 2-0 defeat at White Hart lane.

Genuinely one of the worst games I've ever seen. 2-0 flattered us. We were as bad as I've ever seen us that night.

So much to choose from but that in terms of raw bend over and get bummedness is definitely up there. Was a real psychological humiliation after being genuine competitors to them just 12 months previous.

Wasn't that game where McLeish debuted his Dutch masterclass of playing 6 defenders and Heskey as trequarista on a Monday night?

That was the 2-0 defeat at White Hart lane.

Genuinely one of the worst games I've ever seen. 2-0 flattered us. We were as bad as I've ever seen us that night.

So much to choose from but that in terms of raw bend over and get bummedness is definitely up there. Was a real psychological humiliation after being genuine competitors to them just 12 months previous.

Yep.

We could still be playing that game and we still wouldn't have scored yet.

Yep.

We could still be playing that game and we still wouldn't have scored yet.

We played four full backs and six defenders that day. We couldnt keep the ball longer than 30 seconds, created no chances and still looked open at the back. I rememeber McLeish saying in another game where he played Bent, Agbonnlahor, Heskey and another striker (I forget who). That he played four strikers so couldnt understand why we created no chances and scored no goals.

Sherwood said something similar after one of his last games I think.

It always surprises me that "football men" who no doubt know a lot more about the game than me think that playing more players of a particular position will lead to the game resulting in more/less goals. What happened to balance and organisation in a team? Midfielders being responsible for creating chances and being in position to protect the back four. Seems like an alien concept sometimes.

Yeah, our midfield played so deep. And then you had Gabby and Bent stood on the edge of the opposition box with a gaping hole in the middle of the pitch.

I've never seen a defence have an easier day than Spurs did that day.

It was embarrassing.

• Like 1

I do get the impression Gabby will be given a chance and I don't think there's a chance Ashley is dropped. He's been good recently so it's probably a good thing.

I think there's no chance of us seeing anything particularly revolutionary tonight in terms of lineup.

K Mac knows the new manager is here. He's not picking a team to impress anyone or try to get a job, he's just going to get the team out.

I imagine it'll be the same players and formation as our last league game.

Anything we get from tonight's game will be a result of the players performing for the new manager.