Pre Match Thread

maqroll

can't see us getting anything from this game. I also hate the build up vs spurs because they always bring up that time we was 4-1 up against them ! still makes me feel sick that result.

It's the one game that I remember where I couldn't sleep all night from the frustration of throwing it away. I woke up at 3am and kept punching my pillow. 

I don't think this will be the line up but I would play a 4-2-3-1, and if everyone played to the best of their ability, eg players like Sanchez having a blinder and Guzan & Amavi cutting out the defensive errors etc, we can get a point out of this which would be a great result;

Guzan

Hutton, Richards, Clark, Amavi

Gana, Sanchez ( I think this is the best protection we have for our back 4)

Bacuna, Gil and Grealish (Bacuna to whip in early, low crosses behind their back 4 for Ayew to get on the end of, Gil in the #10 role where I think he is best suited and Grealish staying wide left, then cutting in and linking with Ayew and Gil with some intricate one twos around the box)

Ayew (to be replaced most likely with Sinclair on the 60-70 minute mark depending on how he is doing)

This gives us the likes of Sinclair as mentioned, Traore, Veretout and Gestede to come on and make some sort of impact when players in the starting line up like Sanchez will surely tire. 

I really hope Garde is in the stands so he can assess just what a big task he has ahead of him but I believe that if he builds confidence in the squad, we have more quality in it than a few other squads and we will have just enough to survive.

• Like 3

Reckon he may have a say who will start the game? Make his job easier.. if he has a chat with KMac... its basically a free shot at a starting line up as he wont get any of the blame.

He might want to see Veretout start with Gil or something.. if it doesnt work out.. he can just blame the caretaker!

Wasn't that game where McLeish debuted his Dutch masterclass of playing 6 defenders and Heskey as trequarista on a Monday night?

ah yes, 3 right backs to combat Gareth bale, Hutton, lichaj & herd as an auxiliary right back as the fabled 6-3-1 formation nullified spurs by letting them score just the twice. Awful game as a villa fan that was

• Like 1

Wasn't that game where McLeish debuted his Dutch masterclass of playing 6 defenders and Heskey as trequarista on a Monday night?

ah yes, 3 right backs to combat Gareth bale, Hutton, lichaj & herd as an auxiliary right back as the fabled 6-3-1 formation nullified spurs by letting them score just the twice. Awful game as a villa fan that was

Pretty sure Cuellar was back there too to help not nullify Gareth Bale :lol:

That was the 2-0 defeat at White Hart lane.

Genuinely one of the worst games I've ever seen. 2-0 flattered us. We were as bad as I've ever seen us that night.

• Like 1

I don't think this will be the line up but I would play a 4-2-3-1, and if everyone played to the best of their ability, eg players like Sanchez having a blinder and Guzan & Amavi cutting out the defensive errors etc, we can get a point out of this which would be a great result;

Guzan

Hutton, Richards, Clark, Amavi

Gana, Sanchez ( I think this is the best protection we have for our back 4)

Bacuna, Gil and Grealish (Bacuna to whip in early, low crosses behind their back 4 for Ayew to get on the end of, Gil in the #10 role where I think he is best suited and Grealish staying wide left, then cutting in and linking with Ayew and Gil with some intricate one twos around the box)

Ayew (to be replaced most likely with Sinclair on the 60-70 minute mark depending on how he is doing)

This gives us the likes of Sinclair as mentioned, Traore, Veretout and Gestede to come on and make some sort of impact when players in the starting line up like Sanchez will surely tire. 

I really hope Garde is in the stands so he can assess just what a big task he has ahead of him but I believe that if he builds confidence in the squad, we have more quality in it than a few other squads and we will have just enough to survive.

I quite like that lineup.

No chance I'd have Bacuna in there though.

That was the 2-0 defeat at White Hart lane.

Genuinely one of the worst games I've ever seen. 2-0 flattered us. We were as bad as I've ever seen us that night.

Yep. It was quite possibly the easiest win any team has ever had. They could have scored 10 but were like ***** it, let's not. And McLeish was probably proud of that defensive display :lol:

That McLeish Spurs abomination was absolutely horrific.

D'ya think we'll see Garde's fingerprints on tonight's team selection? 

Nope. I think he'll just be observing.

Observe this game, experiment for Man City because it's a freebie.

It'll be the Everton game before we get any proper indication of whether this is going to work I reckon.

• Like 1

Seriously Ive just seen the sky pictures of the squad at the international train station about to head down to London!

Surely Learner could have saved a bit more money by getting them to lift share in in his Citroen Picasso and get the rest to thumb it?

Seriously Ive just seen the sky pictures of the squad at the international train station about to head down to London!

Surely Learner could have saved a bit more money by getting them to lift share in in his Citroen Picasso and get the rest to thumb it?

Lol are they seriously catching the train? We are becoming the laughing stock of the league, wait till twitter gets hold of this 

Im still looking at this formation and team if he wants to play wingers.

Guzan

Hutton    richards   okore   crespo

Traore    gana      veretout    amava

Gil

Gestede

RAM Adama (FFS, just play the kid!!!)

He's not very good.

Would rather he's saved for impact substitutions for now.

how can you say that? He's scored 2 for us already in his limited appearances and he's only 19

Because I've watched him play and he's been pants apart from one game against league 2 opposition.

I think he has bucket loads of talent and I am so excited to see the player that he will turn into.

But at the moment, right now, he's not very good. He needs to learn to get his head up and use his teammates. He doesn't have to put his head down and run every time he gets the ball.

• Like 1

RAM Adama (FFS, just play the kid!!!)

He's not very good.

Would rather he's saved for impact substitutions for now.

how can you say that? He's scored 2 for us already in his limited appearances and he's only 19

Because I've watched him play and he's been pants apart from one game against league 2 opposition.

I think he has bucket loads of talent and I am so excited to see the player that he will turn into.

But at the moment, right now, he's not very good. He needs to learn to get his head up and use his teammates. He doesn't have to put his head down and run every time he gets the ball.

I think he has so much potential, it's hard to believe that he's only 19 years old. He was excellent against palace in the pl, every time he gets the ball there is a sense of anticipation in the crowd and fear in the opposition. He will learn and improve as a player, the only way he will do that is by playing

Edited by sir_gary_cahill