Pre Match Thread

maqroll

GUZAN

HUTTON - RICHARDS - CLARK - AMAVI

SANCHEZ -  GANA

TRAORE              GIL        GREALISH

AYEW

Two holding midfielders will be needed with Kane dropping deep and Eriksen causing havoc. 

That top 4 will cause hell on the break. The 3 in behind the striker are all good enough to interlink and swap positions when required.

pretty much the team every villa fan has wanted to see for the last 10 weeks.

expect it to be absolutely nothing like this.

• Like 2

I feel (not very confident) that k-mac will pick something like that side. Okore in for Richards if he's out. 

60 good minutes. Kane, 1-0.

If , though, we can play this side for a few weeks, (probably losing), by the time we get to the easier run they might be building some understanding. We might even snatch a point on the way. 

I'll take another 4-4 like last time we played them on a Monday night.

Think we've beaten them on a Monday night since? Week before I started uni so September 08

The 2-1 where Gomes fumbled Young's shot you're right!

Okay I'll take a 2-1 win then.

• Like 1

There is a bluenose who sits opposite me at work who, in our company wide game of Last Man Standing, has picked whatever team is playing Villa in the last two weeks. He will no doubt do it again this week.

Dear Villa,

PLEASE AT LEAST DRAW TO WIPE THE SMUG LOOK OFF HIS FACE.

Thank you.

• Like 1

If , though, we can play this side for a few weeks, (probably losing), by the time we get to the easier run they might be building some understanding. We might even snatch a point on the way. 

Absolutely this !

We need to stop changing the team every week in search of quick fixes, stick to a starting XI and let them build fitness and understanding ..... that is the only way we will escape the bottom three even if at first it achieves little. 

• Like 1

Absolutely this !

We need to stop changing the team every week in search of quick fixes, stick to a starting XI and let them build fitness and understanding ..... that is the only way we will escape the bottom three even if at first it achieves little. 

Couldn't agree more. Sure there needs to be competition for places in order to clean out complacency, but that's hardly been the reason for all the changes so far has it..?

• Like 1

Mondays team selection for me is this.

Guzan

Hutton    richards    okore       crespo

Traore     gana      westwood    amavi

Gil

Gestede

Get crosses into longbow

Edited by villan501