Demitri_C

I hope he gives a number of squad players a game. We don't need to be in this competition any more - it's an unwelcome distraction, where injuries and suspensions can occur, and little real chance of winning anything - and the new manager could do with seeing a few players he won't have seen on telly. I don't even care if he picks N'Zogbia for this game. 

Slightly feel sorry for him. He had come to our club with the intention of becoming our assistant manager, however is was more to do with Tims pr campaign to woo the fans. He then got demoted pretty quickly to deal with the u-21 squad then finds Ray Wilkins in his position a few months later.  Now that's gone belly's up he has to manage this mess until the next manager tells him that he is not needed..

Warming the seat for Moyesy

If Moyes comes in this will be biggest appointment since MON, praying

I dont know which part is more worrying :o MON appointment was the most underwhelming moment in Villa history for me. getting a new owner and hiring an average 1 dimensional long ball manager who had mainly success in Scotland

On reflection that may be true. But at the time I very much doubt you felt like that.

at the time I felt that way, never rated him before he got to the club and was a major disappointment when he was here considering the hype

If we beat Spurs would you keep him in charge or take a gamble on a less experienced manager? 

Nice question. Does he definitely want the job? You could make your question even more spicy by adding that if we also win in the cup tomorrow , so 2 wins on the bounce, would you keep him in charge?

I don't think he's got enough about him to be the main man, and thats why he's not a contender - regardless of the next couple of results.

• Like 1

He didnt know last time whether he wanted the job and showed no confidence in himself at the time. He seems a better coach than manager and maybe best keep him behind the scenes

Completely agree. Better coach than manager. Glad he has been kept on. K-MAC i remember that excellent win against everton then following week absolutely humilated at newcastle. no thanks to manager. I just hope new guy is in place for spurs

I hope he gives a number of squad players a game. We don't need to be in this competition any more - it's an unwelcome distraction, where injuries and suspensions can occur, and little real chance of winning anything - and the new manager could do with seeing a few players he won't have seen on telly. I don't even care if he picks N'Zogbia for this game. 

Calm down pal, things haven't got that bad. :o

He didnt know last time whether he wanted the job and showed no confidence in himself at the time. He seems a better coach than manager and maybe best keep him behind the scenes

Completely agree. Better coach than manager. Glad he has been kept on. K-MAC i remember that excellent win against everton then following week absolutely humilated at newcastle. no thanks to manager. I just hope new guy is in place for spurs

Obviously not that well as it was against West Ham...;)

• Like 1

We beat Everton in his last game in charge

We beat Everton in his last game in charge

Read the next part...

Warming the seat for Moyesy

If Moyes comes in this will be biggest appointment since MON, praying

I dont know which part is more worrying :o MON appointment was the most underwhelming moment in Villa history for me. getting a new owner and hiring an average 1 dimensional long ball manager who had mainly success in Scotland

On reflection that may be true. But at the time I very much doubt you felt like that.

at the time I felt that way, never rated him before he got to the club and was a major disappointment when he was here considering the hype

I was pleased we got MON and was pleased with what he did when he was here.  I'm amazed anyone was particularly against him pre-appointment or that people found him to be a "major disappointment" during his tenure!

Will K-Mac stay at the club once <new manager> is in place?

While I agree to a certain extent, it can't hurt someone else having a go at how they would set the team choosing from the best players we have available for the game. It is a shot for nothing on playing the right system.

He should play our strongest possible team against Southampton. A win, if we could get it, would go a long way to building some much needed confidence. 

He should play our strongest possible team against Southampton. A win, if we could get it, would go a long way to building some much needed confidence. 

Thats a valid point, whats the point of playing a completely weak side lose 4-0. Not exactly a confidence booster for Spurs! I think rest the likes of Richards, Gana, Guzan, Grealish and Rudy (maybe have the latter on bench)

Â